Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Ardekh »

Oops, sorry for misunderstanding! ^^;

Deathblood
Student of Vane
Location: In survitude to The Reapers and about to kill Commander Shepard

Re: Hey, a Final Fantasy poll....why not?

Post by Deathblood »

Why Isn't 10 on there!? It's the only 1 I ever beat. I ain't posten a poll here.
Ways of death comes in many shapes. But there are only a few shapes of death itself.[/i]

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Deathblood wrote:Why Isn't 10 on there!? It's the only 1 I ever beat. I ain't posten a poll here.
Reading the rest of the topic before posting is a good idea.

Now you know. And knowing is half the battle! GO JOE!

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

OMG...I'm shocked. I thought I was the only one who thought FF6 was the best in the series. I thought the general public likes FF7 the best. FF6 (the FF3 on SNES version) was my very first RPG. I'm more of a Lunar fan now than a Final Fantasy fan, but FF6 will always hold a special place in my heart since it brought me into the world of RPGs.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Most people I know think FF3 is the best of the lot. Usually anyone who's played a lot of the series, and not just FF7, will rank many other games above FF7.

The ones that get really contentious are FF9 and FFX. People either love or hate them, it seems. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Hmmm, that's odd. I guess it makes a difference where you live. Or maybe I just have an oddball circle of friends (since they like FF7 better). Lol. FF 9 is my second favorite though. That was a GREAT story.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

Kizyr wrote:Most people I know think FF3 is the best of the lot. Usually anyone who's played a lot of the series, and not just FF7, will rank many other games above FF7.

The ones that get really contentious are FF9 and FFX. People either love or hate them, it seems. KF
Don't forget FF8. Actually, when you think about it, all the new-school FFs are instantly polarizing on some level. I put it down to the popularity boom after FF7. Of course, FF was a big-name series up to FF6/3, but still the head of a niche genre, and while the SNES was definitely ahead of the Genesis there was still some balance there, so the FF fans were balanced by the Lunar fans, the Phantasy Star fans (to say nothing of the Chrono Trigger fans on the same console). The PSX utterly crushed the Saturn and even N64 in the next-gen wars (and the N64 was a virtual wasteland for RPGs, what with Square jumping ship), and immediately upped the ante with FF7. The huge boom put FF right at the heart of the storm, so it immediately got hordes of squealing fans and with it a smaller horde of it's-popular-so-I-hate-it antifans, which latter group combined with the old-schoolers who genuinely preferred previous games in the series to make a vocal set of detractors. Each subsequent FF has been equally polarizing, with its particular strengths and flaws blown all out of proportion by whatever group happens to be talked to. You just don't get that with earlier FFs, so you get a certain proportion of people ("old-school fans," one might say) that liked them better than the later games, and a bunch of other people that while not preferring them have nothing personal against them, either.

Deathblood
Student of Vane
Location: In survitude to The Reapers and about to kill Commander Shepard

Post by Deathblood »

ilovemyguitar wrote:
Deathblood wrote:Why Isn't 10 on there!? It's the only 1 I ever beat. I ain't posten a poll here.
Reading the rest of the topic before posting is a good idea.

Now you know. And knowing is half the battle! GO JOE!
just kidding. I actually really liked FFIX and FFVII. That was a hard one for me. But I chose IX since it had a (when it came out) perfect bundle of animation, story, and action. The animations were back then awsome (and still are). The sound blew my ear drums from the sweetness and that story was so in-depth and life-like, I was addicted to it a long time (until I found Mass Effect). Not saying that FFVII wasn't good. The story is amazing. The fighting was awsome. And the way to get magic was ingenious. That way you could have an all-powerful Cloud (or anybody) or you could have an evenly powerful group (I just went with 1). And making some bosses hard and some easy (not from easiest to heardest in order) was brilliant. Definetly hardest poll ever.
Ways of death comes in many shapes. But there are only a few shapes of death itself.[/i]