Favorite or non-favorite Lunar 1&2 Bosses

For any and all webpolls.
Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Favorite or non-favorite Lunar 1&2 Bosses

Post by Dragonlord911 »

I know that the boss isn't fun after fighting it for Half An Hour :twisted: , but which boss ( or bosses) did you have the best time fighting? :wink:

I had the best time fighting the Fiends in each dragon cave of Lunar 2. :D I could not wait to get to the next one. :twisted:
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

CoePSX
Iluk Crackpot

Post by CoePSX »

The hardest fight i had was against the last Zophar... he just dind't die, and it kept sucking my characters' souls... :(

But i busted him using Triple Sword, Angel's tears, Rest Lithany(the 2nd one), Soul Blade and Omnielemental! 8)

Reaper
Lyton Singer

Post by Reaper »

I had the best time fighting that giant stone guardian, in the ancient runes at the beginning of the game. Now THAT was a challenge the first time I had to fight him, almost had me a few times. But the one boss I can't stand fighting at all is the black dragon fiend!!! He isn't even hard! He just keeps draining all my magic until I have nothing left to do anything at all! :evil:
The end will come to death
but death will never end

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Oh that's an easy one. Borgan, from the original Lunar: Eternal Blue.

For the ones who've only played the remakes, Borgan was the most notorious boss in the original games. By the time you faced him, he was harder to take down than Zophar. Those three circling orbs, plus the Gravity Bomb spell made him nearly impossible to take down without levelling up 5-10 levels. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I also loved taking on the dragon fiends in Lunar EBC. However, I think the hardest boss besides Zophar was the two demon dogs in the Red Dragon Cave in SSSC. :evil:
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I am ZOPHAR! MASTER OF ****!

...Okay, maybe not.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

God, i hated those Fire Demon Dogs. They ran all of my people over every freaking time. I had to fight them all night.
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

For EBC-
For favourite, I'd have to say Zophar. He was fairly difficult, but fun at the same time. Really fun. Along with him, the red dragon fiend, because of the events that happened simultaneously.

My least favorites were the blue and black dragon fiends. I always have a whack of trouble with the blue fiend if I don't level up at that point, so the blue dragon cave and all monsters within are certainly not my favorites. (Although that ship monster's pretty neat.) As for the black, I haven't had trouble with it since, but I still remember how I beat it the first time. Everyone but Ronfar had fainted, so I put him on normal attack. And he defeated it.

SSSC-
My favorites would be fighting Xenobia and Royce, near the end. I suppose it just added to my excitement about finishing the game, but I still enjoy those boss fights most.

It always seems that people had trouble with the fire dogs, but luckily, I never did. Instead, my least favorite was the strange creature that you fight in the Meribian sewers. I always have trouble with that boss, and it always seemed a rather boring fight, so it's certainly my least favorite.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

The very first time I played EB on the Sega CD, I had massive troubles with Borgan (obviously), and I remember having major issues when I had to re-fight all the Dragon Fiends in Zophar's Domain, due to being a bit underleveled and severely lacking in healing items.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

NASH in the Chicken Suit!

No, maybe not that. That was actually a rather average battle, for all that was going on. The Saline Slimer did it for me when I first played through, though. I hadn't yet gotten a regular party to get used to, and this one was difficult.

If not it, then... the Black Dragon.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'm with Kizyr: Borgan in EB. I tended to be overlevelled, so the fight wasn't too horrible and I ended up redoing it to make sure everyone in the party survived and got the EXP. But it was fun since there was a lot going on. Zophar in EBC was kind of fun too, for the same reason. At the other end of the spectrum, the Dragon Angel battle in TSS is very simple, since there's only one character, but cool in its setting and import.

The Saline Slimer was possibly the single hardest one, with its healing itself up. I also remember one of the Fiends (Blue?) in EBC being so tedious that I reset the game, because I wasn't getting anywhere...do damage, it would heal, recover some health or MP and do it all over again. Stalemate. Changing equipment made it easy.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

The overgrown lizard in the Meribean sewers was actually pretty easy for me. Also, the Mega Magic Masher (Nash) was pretty easy. I feel like I could have beat about five of him. :wink: I don't remember the dragon fiends much. So, obviously, I didn't have very much trouble with them.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

I'm voting for Borgan in the original EB as well. I made him (and most of the later bosses) somewhat easier though by stocking up on Silver Lights before facing him. You could purchase Silver Lights for 25,000S in Vane in the original EB -- and I think I usually had about 4-5 screens full by the time I got to Zophar, maybe 1 or 2 worth by the time I faced Borgan. A side effect of this was all the levelling needed in order to buy all those Silver Lights.
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jyd3n »

My favorite boss would be Zophar. I can't really place why I like it so much except that it was so long, like an attrition battle, and really had you think about what your next move would be.

My worst battle would not really be consedered one but SPOILER
when you beat Ghalion in SSSC and then walk up to free Luna, yeah, she killed me about 10 times before I figured it out, lol

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

I'm voting for Borgan for my favorite boss/biggest pain in the butt. I had to refight him so many times. It was challenging but fun. The Zophar fight was rather annoying though he was definitely my least favorite boss.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I almost forgot about that time with Dark Luna after the battle with Ghaleon. I only died about three times before I figured it out, though. However, I didn't save between those two events and I had to refight Ghaleon twice before I had the sence to save afterwards.:lol:

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

God, that was hard. Good thing you called me about the flute thing Alex always had but never used. :twisted:
Eragon

CoePSX
Iluk Crackpot

Post by CoePSX »

At the dark luna part, after i deafeated ghaleon i saved the game, but without the ocarina with him... and i was traped and couldn't get it from nall :(

I had to use gameshark to change one of Alex's itens so he would have the ocarina... and it took me 10 time dying to realize that...

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Oh, dear. Were you playing a Japanese version? Or did you start from the US PlayStation demo and then continue on a save from that with the rest of the game? Because in the US release that bug was fixed by making it impossible to give the Ocarina to someone other than Alex.

osirus
Lyton Singer

Post by osirus »

i had the hardest time fighting challeon