Are we alone in the Universe? You-decide!

For any and all webpolls.

Are we alone in the Universe?

Yes, highly advanced civilizations are out there bartering, warring, and look for human meat.
23%
No little green men don't exist. But I do believe that there are probably fauna and bacteria that are alien
26%
You've got it all wrong! Aliens don't exist but we are not alone! Angel's and Demon's are out there and half-breeds. (By clicking this one your acknowledging that God also exists...)
13%
No, nothing is out there.
3%
Silly person, of course aliens exist! So do angels/demons and God.
36%

Total votes: 39

Deathblood
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80
Location: In survitude to The Reapers and about to kill Commander Shepard

Re: Are we alone in the Universe? You-decide!

Post by Deathblood »

We are definetly not alone out there. But I don't believe all aliens are like how they are in Alien and Independance Day. Area 51 proves that. And I do believe in God. So the last choice was the obvious one for me.
Ways of death comes in many shapes. But there are only a few shapes of death itself.[/i]

captaindax
Red Dragon Priest

Post by captaindax »

Tsk, no agnostic choice, not even an "other" category, now I can't vote. I feel so alone.

I don't know if there are aliens or not really in any form and I'm not going to claim to even think I have a good idea of the truth without more evidence. (and that goes for gods, angels, demons and any other religious stuff too).

I will say this though, if there is intelligent life out there, it probably has better things to do than anal probe us.
I - am that is

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

captaindax wrote:Tsk, no agnostic choice, not even an "other" category, now I can't vote. I feel so alone.

I don't know if there are aliens or not really in any form and I'm not going to claim to even think I have a good idea of the truth without more evidence. (and that goes for gods, angels, demons and any other religious stuff too).

I will say this though, if there is intelligent life out there, it probably has better things to do than anal probe us.
Everyone needs a hobby. Even if I would prefer it wouldn't be anal probing. >_>

Still, I would ask of your agnostic choice... do you think that there is a greater probability either for or against extraterrestrial life, and different sorts of extraterrestrial life? That is, do you believe there can be valid conjectures either way that may not definitely be true, but be enough that someone that typically respects the neutrality-until-we-know argument (which I'm on the side of) can still take the leap to a choice and be happy enough in that?

Put another way, what kind of evidence are you waiting for? Would a proposition saying that life developing on other planets is likely or unlikely sway you? Or would you have to have an alien ship land in front of you? Is there a "sure enough," or do you wait for an "absolutely sure?"
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

captaindax
Red Dragon Priest

Post by captaindax »

I would never be completely satisfied until I saw firsthand evidence of it. I would however say there are better odds if we discovered life on another planet, even in bacterial form that's still alive (not frozen especially). If someone else lives on another planet then there's always the possibility of evolution, divine intervention, etc.
I - am that is