Jian
11%

Total votes: 19

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Who's the best male Lunar Hero?

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Who do you guys think is the best male Lunar Hero? Alex, Hiro, Jian, or Dyne? Yes, I know Dyne didn't have his own game, but I'd say he's a hero worth mentioning. He's got his own MONUMENT! Lol.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: Who's the best male Lunar Hero?

Post by Sonic# »

I wonder what he thought of having a monument.

Incidentally, I prefer Dyne. Perhaps it is because I fill all of the gaps I don't know about him with what I think he would've been like back then. He seemed to have a better grasp at being the hero, from the time he pulled together three other talents to when he made the fateful choice involving Althena, and beyond when he gives Alex advice and watches over Luna from afar. He's a career adventurer. He's likeable. And charming.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I voted Hiro. I didn't really care for Alex all that much, but I loved Hiro. Hiro had a cool personality. Dyne would probably be second best because of his accomplishments as a hero.

Hirox
Student of Vane

Post by Hirox »

Hiro...even tho I loved LSS more than EB

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I threw Jian a mercy vote, just because I think his character arc was one of the few things that actually worked in Dragon Song's story, and I know nobody else will be voting for him.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hiro? HIRO?!

Alex and Dyne fought with their heart. Hiro fought with his

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

phyco126 wrote:Hiro? HIRO?!

well his heart provided the blood!

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Okay, this is something that's always bugged me. Namely, people saying that Hiro began protecting Lucia from Leo just because she was beautiful. He had just seen her cursed by a very powerful and sinister being claiming to have sealed away the power of the Four Dragons and hidden Althena. Of course he was going to believe in her mission. Who the hell wouldn't after seeing that?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

ilovemyguitar wrote:

Okay, this is something that's always bugged me. Namely, people saying that Hiro began protecting Lucia from Leo just because she was beautiful. He had just seen her cursed by a very powerful and sinister being claiming to have sealed away the power of the Four Dragons and hidden Althena. Of course he was going to believe in her mission. Who the hell wouldn't after seeing that?
Not to mention it was destiny.

I mean, I don't believe in destiny in real life. But it works pretty damn well in video games. And, Hiro meeting Lucia there was pure straight-up destiny. They were meant to be there, and Lucia was meant to be with someone who'd believe in what she had to say, and believed in all the old legends of flying cities in the sky, of Dragons and Dragonmasters, and had some natural magical ability. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

I Voted for Jian... ONLY beacuse if DS's story played out in more detail like it should have, Jian would have had to go through alot, not only with saving Lucia, taking down the Vile tribe, but bring all races together. That to me is a hero.
Depend On You Changed My Life.

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lutomboy »

I will say Alex because if they did not make Alex’s character the way they did there would be no Lunar game just a RPG game that would go no ware

Alex was the reason I played the game and the reason I gave EB a shot (not saying Hiro was bad just that Alex was the basses for all Lunar main characters)

And when it comes down to Lucia and Hiro I think Hiro felt an obligation to protect her and later feel in love with her

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Alex rarely even spoke.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Dyne saved a puppy once. True story.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

phyco126 wrote:Dyne saved a puppy once. True story.
No wonder he has his own monument! Who doesn't want to honor a puppy-saver?
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Joe, he decides to help her, or at least tag along after her, before then. Remember, she shows up at the top of the Spire and tells him to take her to Althena. And he says "She's the most beautiful [thing, person, woman... I forget] I've ever seen." I think he also offers to help her through the tower, at which point she blithely blasts away the monsters. She didn't need his help; ergo, he's inclined to help her for a separate reason.

And I voted for Dyne. Although he's kind of a puppy himself in the only portrayal of his youth (Funato's manga), he's at least a grownup and makes a mature decision in the SSSC continuity in favor of the world rather than what benefits him personally. I'm not saying that the others' actions were wrong just because they got girlfriends out of them, but Dyne was truly disinterested, giving up status with no reward, so I'd call that more heroic.

(Although I prefer the TSS continuity, I'm using SSSC in this case because we get more of his character in SSSC. His TSS task that resulted in the loss of his magic was more along the lines of just doing his job rather than the single culminating act of his career -- the task that gave the Four Heroes their reputation was something else, I'm pretty sure.)

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Alunissage wrote:Joe, he decides to help her, or at least tag along after her, before then. Remember, she shows up at the top of the Spire and tells him to take her to Althena. And he says "She's the most beautiful [thing, person, woman... I forget] I've ever seen." I think he also offers to help her through the tower, at which point she blithely blasts away the monsters. She didn't need his help; ergo, he's inclined to help her for a separate reason.
But at that point there was pretty much no drawback to going with her. If Hiro had encountered a less attractive woman at the top of the Spire, or a guy even, I doubt he would have said, "okay, nice to meet you, have fun walking downstairs by yourself." It wasn't until Leo got involved that there was any risk involved in helping Lucia out, and by then he had witnessed Zophar cursing her and talking about his nefarious plans, so he knew that Lucia's mission was fairly important.

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

ilovemyguitar wrote:
Alunissage wrote:Joe, he decides to help her, or at least tag along after her, before then. Remember, she shows up at the top of the Spire and tells him to take her to Althena. And he says "She's the most beautiful [thing, person, woman... I forget] I've ever seen." I think he also offers to help her through the tower, at which point she blithely blasts away the monsters. She didn't need his help; ergo, he's inclined to help her for a separate reason.
But at that point there was pretty much no drawback to going with her. If Hiro had encountered a less attractive woman at the top of the Spire, or a guy even, I doubt he would have said, "okay, nice to meet you, have fun walking downstairs by yourself." It wasn't until Leo got involved that there was any risk involved in helping Lucia out, and by then he had witnessed Zophar cursing her and talking about his nefarious plans, so he knew that Lucia's mission was fairly important.
I'm not sure "less attractive woman" really is the right comparison to make, though. Hiro's full of the whole "protect the girl" kind of chivalric nonsense, so I think he would have gone with her (whether she needed him or not) and then helped her out after she was cursed.

Let's say instead that she looks like, say, one of those Statue Soldiers. Or a giant ogre. Or something superficially monstrous. Or for that matter, like Laike. Would Hiro have immediately offered to help? Would he have sided with Lucia at that point against White Knight Leo's assertion that The Destroyer Had Arrived (maybe so--to be fair, Zophar pretty well gives the game away when he shows up, does the Evil Laugh, and slaps on a curse)? Or would he have gone screaming downstairs yelling, "Grandpa Gwyn! Grandpa Gwyn! A giant monster just appeared out of nowhere!" Hiro being infatuated with Lucia is clearly because she's "the most beautiful girl I've ever seen" (heck, that's the definition of infatuation)...it clearly isn't her personality because she doesn't have any at that point...but his siding with her against the forces of the Apparent Goddess Althena is based on the fact that she looks weak and innocent (and to be fair--IS innocent and after being cursed IS weak). Of course, he's Hiro, so he's right about her, but that's not the point here.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

I always felt like Hiro was a little less deep of a character than Dyne or Alex. He hadn't know Lucia all his life (like Alex did with Luna) or fought the good fight just for the sake of doing the right thing with no real rewards (like Dyne). Teenage hormones were the reason that his quest began in the first place. As much as I'd love to believe in love at first sight, it just doesn't seem realistic enough to me. He was a cool character otherwise though.