Beggar Prince

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Megalodon
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Beggar Prince

Post by Megalodon »

Anybody played this game? It's the first Sega Genesis game released since like 1998. The company releasing it is Super Fighter Team. More info at superfighter.com and beggarprince.com. They release 600 copies earlier this year and are pressing another 300 for preorder if anyone is interested.

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DragonmasterAndy »

Wait..it's a SEGA GENESIS game? :shock:

Megalodon
Student of Vane

Post by Megalodon »

That is correct a Sega Genesis game in 2006/7.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Uh... why did they make a game for a dead system?

Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Blue_Sycro »

I still have my Genesis, but I don't recall there being any new games for it since the mid-90s, so yeah that seems unusual. I've never heard of this Beggar Prince, what's it about?

Megalodon
Student of Vane

Post by Megalodon »

If I understand correctly it was released originally in 96' but it is being re-released by this company and has been localized. It's an RPG, thats about the limit of my knowledge.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

The website for the game is hilarious, especially where they're talking about the battle system. It's just a regular old-school battle system with attack, magic, etc., but they're pimping it out like it's some wonderful new thing. And they even specifically point out that when you cast a powerful spell, sometimes it'll make the background change color.

Really, it's quite hilarious. Go check it out.

Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Blue_Sycro »

Wow.

"The game's combat system is very advanced, presenting many options to the player. The prince can be instructed to attack with his current weapon, cast a magic spell, use an item, attempt to escape from battle - there's even an autofight option"

:o
I've never seen that before! Not in any RPG I've ever played in my entire life ever!

Anyway, the game actually doesn't look that bad. I'm still amazed they would go through with revamping a Genesis game and re-releasing it for the Genesis again almost a decade after Genesis stopped making games. It does look like it could be fun, though.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

thats the coolest thing i have heard of in.. omg its been that long since ive been this excited for somthing, ugh i really want one but i really shouldnt be spending any more money online and 46 buck for a genesis game oh.... this deciscion is gonna kill me.

Megalodon
Student of Vane

Post by Megalodon »

exigence wrote:thats the coolest thing i have heard of in.. omg its been that long since ive been this excited for somthing, ugh i really want one but i really shouldnt be spending any more money online and 46 buck for a genesis game oh.... this deciscion is gonna kill me.
If you really do pick it up let me know how it goes.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

if i do get it id be afraid to open it

Megalodon
Student of Vane

Post by Megalodon »

exigence wrote:if i do get it id be afraid to open it

I think I would also keep it sealed. Thats mainly what stops me from buying it, I need games I can play right now.