SEGA Collection

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Megalodon
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

SEGA Collection

Post by Megalodon »

http://www.sega.com/games/?g=577

Dec 23,2008
THE LARGEST SEGA GENESIS COLLECTION TO DATE!

Take a trip back in time with over 40 titles from the SEGA Genesis™ era, including your Sonic The Hedgehog favorites, for only $29.95! In classic single-player and multiplayer battles, you’ll take down a huge variety of enemies, including Sonic’s nemesis Dr. Eggman (AKA Dr. Robotnik), shuriken-flinging ninjas, hordes of altered beasts and the world’s greatest fighting champions.

FEATURES:
• THE LARGEST COLLECTION OF CLASSIC SEGA TITLES. All the favorites are here including Sonic The Hedgehog, titles from the Phantasy Star™ series, as well as three titles from the Streets of Rage™ series, to name a few.
• UNLOCKABLE CONTENT. Unlock arcade games and interviews with the original game developers as you earn Achievements on the Xbox 360® and Trophies on the PLAYSTATION®3.
• ALL TITLES UPGRADED TO HI-DEF. The classic 2D style never looked so good! Each of the titles has been converted to hi-def (720p) and will be a blast to play using the intuitive controls of the Xbox 360® and PLAYSTATION®3 systems.
• MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER OPTIONS. Play these classics together with a friend from the same console at home.

GAMES:
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Beyond Oasis
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Comix Zone
Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head
Dr. Robotnik's MBM
Dynamite Headdy
Ecco the Dolphin
Ecco II: The Tides of Time
E-SWAT
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe I
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Kid Chameleon
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
Ristar
Shining in the Darkness
Shining Force
Shining Force 2
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic Spinball
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Super Thunder Blade
Vectorman
Vectorman 2

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: SEGA Collection

Post by GhaleonOne »

0_0 I'll be getting that.
-G1

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Megalodon wrote:http://www.sega.com/games/?g=577

Dec 23,2008

Take a trip back in time with over 40 titles from the SEGA Genesis™ era, including your Sonic The Hedgehog favorites, for only $29.95! In classic single-player and multiplayer battles, you’ll take down a huge variety of enemies, including Sonic’s nemesis Dr. Eggman (AKA Dr. Robotnik), shuriken-flinging ninjas, hordes of altered beasts and the world’s greatest fighting champions.

FEATURES:
• THE LARGEST COLLECTION OF CLASSIC SEGA TITLES. All the favorites are here including Sonic The Hedgehog, titles from the Phantasy Star™ series, as well as three titles from the Streets of Rage™ series, to name a few.
• UNLOCKABLE CONTENT. Unlock arcade games and interviews with the original game developers as you earn Achievements on the Xbox 360® and Trophies on the PLAYSTATION®3.
• ALL TITLES UPGRADED TO HI-DEF. The classic 2D style never looked so good! Each of the titles has been converted to hi-def (720p) and will be a blast to play using the intuitive controls of the Xbox 360® and PLAYSTATION®3 systems.
• MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER OPTIONS. Play these classics together with a friend from the same console at home.

GAMES:
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Beyond Oasis
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Comix Zone
Dr. Robotnik's MBM
Dynamite Headdy
Ecco the Dolphin
E-SWAT
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe I
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Kid Chameleon
Phantasy Star II
Ristar
Shining in the Darkness
Shining Force
Shining Force 2
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic Spinball
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Super Thunder Blade
Vectorman
Vectorman 2
It's very similar to the PS2 Sega Genesis collection, it just has a handful of extra games.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I'd be interested in this if it came out for the Wii...

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Werefrog wrote:I'd be interested in this if it came out for the Wii...
Same. And if they added a Sega Master System emulator and added Phantasy Star 1
-Nobi

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

I love the other set they put out with 28... but it was missing Streets of Rage, Shining Force, and others that are here. I love it!

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

localflick wrote:I love the other set they put out with 28... but it was missing Streets of Rage, Shining Force, and others that are here. I love it!
I was about to say the same think. I like the collection just before, but the additions they make to this collection make it equally attractive... especially Streets of Rage, which I've never technically owned, but just played at friends' houses back in the day.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Shining Force II and Beyond Oasis are worth the price alone.

And no one here can ever touch me in Mean Bean Machine. I've beat it on hard without losing once.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Thing is, I jumped into SEGA stuff with the Sega CD. I might be the only person that bought a Sega CD game before owning a Genesis game. In fact... I didn't buy a Genesis game for like 2 years. This collection is great for me, having never played any of the Phantasy Star or Shining Force games. I'm not sure when I'll have time to play any of them, but for 40+ games, of which I own none... and many of which are classics... for 30 bucks? I'm down.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Oh Shining Force is a lot of fun. Story's kind of lame, but it's fun.

I'm on Shining Force 3 for the Saturn now (Scenario 2).

Phantasy Star's great, too, but I only played the first one. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Megalodon
Student of Vane

Post by Megalodon »

DragonmasterDan wrote:

Dec 23,2008

FEATURES:

GAMES:
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Beyond Oasis
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Comix Zone
Dr. Robotnik's MBM
Dynamite Headdy
Ecco the Dolphin
E-SWAT
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe I
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Kid Chameleon
Phantasy Star II
Ristar
Shining in the Darkness
Shining Force
Shining Force 2
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic Spinball
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Super Thunder Blade
Vectorman
Vectorman 2
It's very similar to the PS2 Sega Genesis collection, it just has a handful of extra games.
Except you are neglecting the HD factor. Also, possibly formated to widescreen.

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Megalodon wrote:
DragonmasterDan wrote:

Dec 23,2008

FEATURES:

GAMES:
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Beyond Oasis
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Comix Zone
Dr. Robotnik's MBM
Dynamite Headdy
Ecco the Dolphin
E-SWAT
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe I
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Kid Chameleon
Phantasy Star II
Ristar
Shining in the Darkness
Shining Force
Shining Force 2
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic Spinball
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Super Thunder Blade
Vectorman
Vectorman 2
Except you are neglecting the HD factor. Also, possibly formated to widescreen.
The games aren't being redrawn ala Street Fighter Turbo HD to take advantage of a higher resolution, they're just being upscaled.

My TV can upscale any signal, the "HD" is of no benefit to most people and more importantly these are all 2D sprite based games with 64 colors. A higher res doesn't matter.

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Are you sure about that? The game isn't coming out for another year. Does it really take that long to put a compilation together? I'm no expert on emulation but I would think they might be doing more to the games if it's going to take so long.

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

WD RPG WD wrote:Are you sure about that? The game isn't coming out for another year. Does it really take that long to put a compilation together? I'm no expert on emulation but I would think they might be doing more to the games if it's going to take so long.
That or they're waiting for a less busy time of the year to release it. It's not that it takes THAT long to release it, it's that they didn't want this collection getting lost in the Christmas rush.

Megalodon
Student of Vane

Post by Megalodon »

Upscaled to 720P. I am not complaining. As far as the amount of time it is taking them, we shall see. For $30 and to not have to blow the dust out of my SEGA CD, money well spent.

Megalodon
Student of Vane

Post by Megalodon »

DragonmasterDan wrote:
WD RPG WD wrote:Are you sure about that? The game isn't coming out for another year. Does it really take that long to put a compilation together? I'm no expert on emulation but I would think they might be doing more to the games if it's going to take so long.
That or they're waiting for a less busy time of the year to release it. It's not that it takes THAT long to release it, it's that they didn't want this collection getting lost in the Christmas rush.

So they're waiting for Winter/Christmas next year to avoid that?

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Megalodon wrote:
DragonmasterDan wrote:

So they're waiting for Winter/Christmas next year to avoid that?
It's coming out in Spring, not next Christmas.

Megalodon
Student of Vane

Post by Megalodon »

Says winter on the website.

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Megalodon wrote:Says winter on the website.
They're saying winter as in the actual season. (normally we think of Spring beyond January due to weather in the US).

Its actual release date is 2,10,09
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Product ... t_id=72743

captaindax
Red Dragon Priest

Post by captaindax »

DragonmasterDan wrote:
Megalodon wrote:Says winter on the website.
They're saying winter as in the actual season. (normally we think of Spring beyond January due to weather in the US).

Its actual release date is 2,10,09
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Product ... t_id=72743
Spring doesn't really start till mid-may where I live. I had snow here in June last year. What happened to global warming? I had such high hopes for that...instead it's 30-35 below some nights. Ah Maine, the only place where a hot chocolate is enjoyed more than a Margarita.

But I digress...

I'd definitely buy this for my PS3...I can't wait. Hope it looks better on my 52" HD than my actual Genesis does. Really butchers Shining Force's graphics.
I - am that is

Contact Info: lunar2ebc@hotmail.com