Suck it, Oregon Trail.

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Jenner
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Suck it, Oregon Trail.

Post by Jenner »

10 miles before the final river crossing a bandit came and stole 6 sets of clothing from me. HAX.

I will do better, but until then, beat my score -Borgan-.

http://www.virtualapple.org/oregontraildisk.html
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Suck it, Oregon Trail.

Post by Aaron »

I keep wanting to post up my scores but I never have time to play this game.

Good times with this game.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Reminds me of fifth and sixth grade. (Only, I was never any good at it.) Good job, Jenner! I mean... yeah it was a game designed for middle school kids but so was dodge ball and college aged kids still play that, and Oregon Trail is way cooler.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Reminds me of 3rd and 4th grade...

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I was doing so well! Then Jesus died after getting Cholera, Sarah died, my axle broke without a replacement, I only had three shirts to bargain with to trade for a new one, I was running out of food and bullets, and a series of inconvenient hunts didn't improve matters.

All this 80 miles before the end. :P
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

phyco126 wrote:Reminds me of 3rd and 4th grade...
Maybe you were just advanced for your age, Phyco. Don't have to make me feel stupid :oops:. We didn't get much computer time until we got into fifth grade. Honestly, though, I was still playing Math Blasters and Oregon Trail until 8th grade, not really for educational value. It was just that I was bored, and the games were something to keep me from being bored.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

If it helps, Werefrog, I've only ever seen Oregon Trail once, when my little sister showed it to me (she was 11 grades behind me). When I was in fourth or fifth grade I knew exactly one other kid who had a computer at home. Actually, that was probably the case in third grade too, but I don't remember the question coming up then.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I remember playing this at the library back when I was in the 5th grade or so(for me, 5th grade was 2001 into 2002). The game was old (hooray for my library having old computers). I think it was on some Mac computer. I really don't remember. That's been to long. O_o

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

We had lots of computer time in Elementry school. Actually, it was a requirement.

Werefrog, I played math blaster 3 (I think it was 3) when I was already in middle school. It was fun enough. My sister played it with me, and she was in 8th grade.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

PottleElf
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by PottleElf »

My crew always dies of dysentery and cholera... And sometimes snakebite. The worst is when all your oxen die and you're basically stranded. "Well! Nothin' to do but hunt for the next several years!"

Actually, it'd be pretty cool to see how long you can survive like that. Anyone want to make a challenge where you just take one ox, stay in place, hunt every day, and try and last forever? Maybe wait until you die of old age or something.