DS Lite

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Silver Phoenix »

The screens appear to be the same size as the original model, but the clarity and color depth is brighter and more vibrant. If you look at the original DS it looks like the touchscreen is smaller than the top screen because the top screen has the black border around it. I noticed they trimmed the border on the top screen of the DS Lite so the screen size is more evenly matched.

I've never seen a Gameboy Micro in action but it would be nice to see how a game looks on it. I was just playing Zelda: Four Swords Adventure on the Gamecube with a friend yesterday and I forgot how dark even the GBA SP first series was. It would be nice if Nintendo did things right the first time instead of releasing new models of the same handheld just so you pay more money for better screens (or designs).

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

GhaleonOne wrote:I'm with Kiz and others. It looks nice, but I think SP is right, it'd be an impulse buy, at least in my case. My normal DS works fine, so no need to replace it, but for someone like Insydius, it's a good deal. As for the DS being non-ergonomic, I think that was more Lunar DS's fault than the DS. That's the only game I had that problem, and it's because of having to hold L and R down during battles.

Well, I think part of it was the edges, which dug into the base of my thumbs in a highly uncomfortable manner. The DS Lite surpassed my expectations in this regard, and I found it much better than the original in that sense. Actually, I've been playing my friend's copy of New Mario on her DS Lite, and it's really nice - lighter, nice buttons, and still quite durable feeling. It's certainly changed my opinion on the DS.

osirus
Lyton Singer

Post by osirus »

im thinking of buying one