What are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Alunissage »

I had completely forgotten about that, if I even knew about it. We might pick it up, if only to put it on the shelf next to the PC Ys I-VI that we haven't played much either. Though we'd probably would give it a try, as the only Ys game we'd have only on PC and no particular expectation at this time of seeing it on console.

I was planning on finally getting back to Zelda this weekend and have been sick all weekend and simply not up to it. :(

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

i started a new game in FF VII, it seems like its been so long i havent played that game since middle school it took me from 6th grade to 8th grade to beat it.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

exigence wrote:i started a new game in FF VII, it seems like its been so long i havent played that game since middle school it took me from 6th grade to 8th grade to beat it.
Funny you mention that. I never beat it, and I've had the game since somewhere around 1999/2000, if not a year or two earlier than that even. I only got towards the end, but ended up with a friends saved game of level 99, so I cheated and used his game and beat it, bwa hahahaha.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

phyco126 wrote:
exigence wrote:i started a new game in FF VII, it seems like its been so long i havent played that game since middle school it took me from 6th grade to 8th grade to beat it.
Funny you mention that. I never beat it, and I've had the game since somewhere around 1999/2000, if not a year or two earlier than that even. I only got towards the end, but ended up with a friends saved game of level 99, so I cheated and used his game and beat it, bwa hahahaha.
thats kinda what i did, i played all the way through to disc 3 with out cheating then around level 68 i got sick of trying to level up for the final boss so i just used a gameshark for infinite hp

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Yeah, I did the same for EBC. I don't really have a safe way to play EBC and beat it, but I got all the way to Zophar but couldn't beat him. After the 30th try or so, I gave up, loaded my gameshark, and beat the snot outa him. I still would like to someday replay it all the way through, EBC was definately a challeng to play.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

I just finished Advance Wars Dual Strike after several pickup and put down sessions. I still have a handful of started but not completed games to finish on the agenda.

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

I literally just finished FFIX - after leaving my save at the final boss for about three years or so. It was fantastic, and I wish I'd finished it earlier! I could have gone for earlier in the evening as well, since it's well into the morning.

Anyway, it was fantastic, and if I'm a little tired tomorrow it'll be worth it for that ending.[/i]

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus. :D
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Phoenix Wright: Justice for All! and Civilization 4 when I need respite from that and I have suitable time.

And... I'm determined to beat Altered Beast. It was never a game I played much, so I can't just pick it up and beat it like I can some others.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I'm playing Phoenix Wright 2 as well. I'm trying my hardest to only play it a few minutes each sitting. I've enjoyed it so far. Very fun. Very funny. It's probably not as good as the first one, but my view of the first one is probably tinted by the sheer novelity of the first one.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I got the expansion for Civilization IV about a week and a half ago.

It finally allows Josef Stalin as a playable character! They haven't done that since Civilization I. And the Russians are already my favorite Civ (with the Cossacks as my favorite unique unit). So I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

There're several other little tweaks to the system here and there, also, and it runs faster on my system. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Currently playing Rogue Galaxy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I still haven't gotten back to Zelda, but I started a new game of Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga yesterday during my commute. Felt like playing something light, I guess.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

this is my second snow day in a row so this morning i decided to play through mortal kombat for the ol genesis

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

Right now, I'm plyaing NIS America's latest RPG import, "Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia". After that, I'm booting up the Sega Genesis Collection and working on the Phantasy Star series.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I'm officially in love with Meteos for the DS. I love puzzle games, so I have no idea why it took me so long to pick this one up. Really, it's awesome.

Grey Fox
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Grey Fox »

I've gotten back into my old love of Swat 4 because there is honestly nothing like bean-bagging someone right in the gut when they don't comply.
No ma'am...no your computer isn't broken, you are...

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Back to playing Lunar: SSS for the Saturn.

There are only slight differences from the English version, overall. Although the bromide locations are completely different, so I'm having a hard time with that. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Kizyr wrote:Back to playing Lunar: SSS for the Saturn.

There are only slight differences from the English version, overall. Although the bromide locations are completely different, so I'm having a hard time with that. KF
At least you have the better quality music to keep you company. :wink: