Kingdom Hearts 2- Who's excited about this game?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.

Are you going to get KH2?

Yes
53%
No
33%
Maybe
7%
What's Kingdom Hearts?
7%

Total votes: 15

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Kingdom Hearts 2- Who's excited about this game?

Post by Jyd3n »

I remember seeing previews for the first KH and i thought it looked lame, couldn't have been more wrong.

KH2 is scheduled to come out March 28th and I plan to get it. From what I've read the director of the game said he could make 4 games just out of this one. Although the game lasts 50 hours he said it is never dull and always action packed. Oh, and you get to play as another character, not sure who he is though.

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

I'm really excited about the fact that Setzer will be in this one. I WANT MORE FINAL FANTASY V AND FINAL FANTASY VI!

...One down, and a whole lot more to go!
ImageImageImage

Dunkleheit
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dunkleheit »

Curse my lack of a Playstation.

Mei Ling
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mei Ling »

Wahaha. I already played it. ^^
Lucia siggy~

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Mei Ling wrote:Wahaha. I already played it. ^^

Is it good? Just remember no spoilers.

Mei Ling
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mei Ling »

Okay, sure. No spoilers it is! If I know how to put a spoiler box or something, I'll tell the plot. ^^;

The gameplay is ovarall better. The effects and graphics have improved since the last game, and more abilities to perform. There is also the 'Co-op' move, where you can perform skills with your partner....^^

The story is PERFECT for a sequel for Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. More history on the characters, new Final Fantasy people, and more places to go.
Lucia siggy~

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Mei Ling wrote:Okay, sure. No spoilers it is! If I know how to put a spoiler box or something, I'll tell the plot. ^^;

The gameplay is ovarall better. The effects and graphics have improved since the last game, and more abilities to perform. There is also the 'Co-op' move, where you can perform skills with your partner....^^

The story is PERFECT for a sequel for Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. More history on the characters, new Final Fantasy people, and more places to go.

Cool, I am pretty excited about this game. I just hope they wrap everything up this time around. I don't really want it going on forever.

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jyd3n »

I hate to tell you...I think, but I'm pretty sure we'll see at least one more KH based on what was said in EGM. They said that Disney and Pixar were working things out (they've been fighting) and that there should be Pixar movie characters in the next or last KHs game. I'm still exited, three more weeks :D

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I never was interested because of the Disney characters. I'm not into that sort of thing.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Jyd3n wrote:I hate to tell you...I think, but I'm pretty sure we'll see at least one more KH based on what was said in EGM. They said that Disney and Pixar were working things out (they've been fighting) and that there should be Pixar movie characters in the next or last KHs game.

They didn't quite say that. EGM said there were licensing issues getting the characters shared by Pixar, and they hoped they would be resolved in time for a KH3 (if there is one).

Of course, that article was must have been written quite some time in advance because Disney is currently in the process of buying Pixar and barring something unfortunate they'll own them around the end of summer. That doesn't mean that Pixar chars will show up in a KH sequel--only that it makes it easier for them to do so.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I never was interested because of the Square characters. I'm not into that sort of thing.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

(hehehe)

Oh, I'm really looking forward to this game. I only played the first Kingdom Hearts last year; finished over the summer, in fact!

When a game is good, there are times when I still don't finish it, because of time crunches or another diversion. With this game... I played straight through. No real pauses. It was *great*.

I liked the integration of characters. Because most of them come from one or the other universe... okay, I can see how they might not be preferred. And though seeing my childhood favorites (Alladin especially) and my game favorites was fine, the story really is engaging even without that. And the gameplay is exquisite.

Needless to say, I really look forward to this one.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

I can't say I've ever been particularily excited about this game (or the series in general). I'm not a particularily big fan of Disney or Final Fantasy, so it's hard for me to get all that enthusiastic about a game for which the inclusion of characters from those franchises is a big part of the appeal. Also, ARPGs are probably my least favorite of the major RPG subgenres.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm with you. I did play about 15 hours of the first one, but got stuck somewhere and took it back (I had only been renting through it). Seemed fun enough, but after taking a break, I just never got around to going back to it.
-G1

Mei Ling
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mei Ling »

Ha ha, I know some people who don't want to play this game because there's those characters from Disney like Mickey, Donald, because they're cartoons. ^^;

Well, I finnished the game myself...

...wait, can't anyone buy the Japanese Version itself and play it? Or don't you undertand it? o_o

...I'm confusing myself. x_x
Lucia siggy~

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Mei Ling wrote:Ha ha, I know some people who don't want to play this game because there's those characters from Disney like Mickey, Donald, because they're cartoons. ^^;

Well, I finnished the game myself...

...wait, can't anyone buy the Japanese Version itself and play it? Or don't you undertand it? o_o

...I'm confusing myself. x_x

Well, we could do that. However, onlly a very small group of the board would be able to understand it. Japanase is a very hard language for us English-speakers to learn.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Hell yeah! I am counting down the days now. I even have it pre-ordered.