Final Mockery: XIII

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Final Mockery: XIII

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

Not sure if this would go here, but it's more related to gaming than anything else. Enjoy

http://www.wimp.com/mocking/

Pretty awesome video created by a bunch of bored 20 year olds, they really captured the RPG spirit.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

1) What is that "overworld" theme at the beginning? I can't quite place it, but I definately know it. Was it Chrono Cross?

The rest are darkened so not to "spoil" the video, though I don't see why anyone would care that much.

2) lol at the copyright infringment and "Rock" throw.

3) I feel sorry for the girl. She got killed, revived, then blow off the battle screen. She was kinna cute though. :P

4) lol at the confusion. Yet again, to the girl. She's a nice lass to take all that damage for the party. :P

5) lol at Potion being a bottle of Auqafina (or what looks like it; the video quality is hard to tell)

6) Damnit, she died again! What did she do to deserve death twice in a row! :P

7) Hey! That's not right. He revived her but she's still confused!

8) That's a bit more like it!

9) Like you couldn't see that ending to the battle coming. :P
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

My favorite attack in that film was Copy Right ingringment. Ub3r. That had to take a lot of time to do, not to mention resourced to do it. Not bad though, seriously, not bad. Though it seems to be mocking FF7 more than anything. As for the girl... cute, yes, but pretty accurate on how often she dies and stuff. I know that's how often it seems all the girls die in RPGs (guess the men who programmed the games just can't accept strong women, lol)

Though when the Emperor sent out Lord Vader to execute Order 67, that was classic.

Oh, wait, is it me or did it sound like the ping sounds where from an actual voice?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Or at least strong woman healers. That's why Jessica is so cool. :P This one was a really, really wimpy healer too, though...I mean, 5 HP?? One would hope she was better in future battles, after getting all the EXP from this one.

That was pretty funny. I'd like to see it with decent video quality and without ten-second loading pauses...every ten seconds. Fortunately, when I restarted it halfway through it played without them.

Oh, and the menu sounds sounded like voices to me, too.

I can't help but think that it would be fun to do a Lunar one...possibly not so much to mock, though, other than the zigzagging in TSS battles. And Genesis in its entirety.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I can visualize mocking Dragonsong now.

Let's see. Your weapon breaks every 5 seconds, you attack the least strategic enemy at all times cause you can't target, and then you run yourself to a horrible death. Like that greek guy who ran the first marathon, delivered his message, and dropped dead. Poor old Jian. Doesn't help all the Dragonsong characters are Sora aged either.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Now, now. You can't lose more than 2/3 of your HP from running. Of course, then you can't get away from those monsters who are way stronger than you anyway.

Add really slow enemy advances (especially for those of us playing the Japanese version), cheap shots from the airborne enemies, running from battle when you've almost won because background noise got picked up by the microphone...

On the non-battle side, "Hi. I'm a mighty warrior who's been a fighter all my life but am still level 1. But have no fear, I'll level up rapidly, only to leave permanently just when I start looking like I might be useful someday."

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Alunissage wrote:On the non-battle side, "Hi. I'm a mighty warrior who's been a fighter all my life but am still level 1. But have no fear, I'll level up rapidly, only to leave permanently just when I start looking like I might be useful someday."

Indeed. Though I have to admit, L:EBC was the first RPG I played where the main character didn't start as a level 1. I was in total shock in that sense.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Actually, though the battle was great, my favorite part was just entering the house, and where they go upstairs and run into a wall and keep running. That was done very well. XD
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

GhaleonOne wrote:1) What is that "overworld" theme at the beginning? I can't quite place it, but I definately know it. Was it Chrono Cross?

It was definitely from Chrono Cross, although I don't remember the exact title. (I think it was the world map music, perhaps? It's been awhile. )

Thanks for sharing, by the way! I loved the sound effects- just right.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Just a note, the site that lists it tends to snatch these videos from all around randomly.

Here's the official appearing site - http://ultimateutopia.cjb.net/, with different versions so the text might be clearer (I couldn't read a couple of parts well because of that).

I haven't looked at the others, but they seem kinda cool.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Thanks, that's much to be preferred. I'd just about always rather download something than play it streaming anyway.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

thanks for the link, I certainly do enjoy watching higher qaulity films. Then again, I have cable internet, so I can easily afford to watch higher qaulity versions of films. Boy, don't know how I lived with dial-up for so long....

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

GhaleonOne wrote:1) What is that "overworld" theme at the beginning? I can't quite place it, but I definately know it. Was it Chrono Cross?

Yeah that was Chrono Cross. It was the Overworld theme for Another World (least on the main land of El Nido). It was one of the many overworld themes in that game.