Wii 2!

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Wii 2!

Post by phyco126 »

:D : I just got my new wii man, you should come over and play with it.
:) : Nice! I think I will. I want a wii so bad since I never had one as a kid. I would get one now but I just don't have the money to get a wii.
:D : That's cool man.
(Random Person who overheard the convo) :shock: : WTH?! I'm moving...

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

AlasdairPalemoon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AlasdairPalemoon »

Surely, the rest of us can't be denied our opinions of this stunning new development ;) And yes, the name is laughable, at best...I'm being nice here. Actually, I told a guy at campus who is this huge Nintendo fan that I thought the name sucks and he got really offended by it. Oh well.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Eh, it could be called Os-m- B-n L-d-n for all I care. I just want to poke fun at it :D

Mei Ling
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mei Ling »

Wiiiiii~~...

...More Nintendo Consoles? UGH.
Lucia siggy~

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Wii 2!

Post by Zophar »

phyco126 wrote::D : I just got my new wii man, you should come over and play with it.
:) : Nice! I think I will. I want a wii so bad since I never had one as a kid. I would get one now but I just don't have the money to get a wii.
:D : That's cool man.
(Random Person who overheard the convo) :shock: : WTH?! I'm moving...

LOL LOL LOL :lol: When a console is called Wii it's hard to take it seriously. "We can play that new game on my wii." XD

Picking a name like that is so typical for Nintendo (no offense to any Nintendo fans out there).

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I really enjoyed reading this blog. It sums up my feelings pretty well. And since I didn't write, it should not be construed as a flame.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Good blog to whoever wrote it but I am still not convinced. And of course that's not a flame, werefrog. Posting a blog of someone's oppinion isn't attacking anybody.

Ever since Nintendo showed the dual TV remote control for the Wii I knew it was going to get weirder. But I never anticipated them changing the name. In my oppinion, Revolution is better.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

I prefer Revolution because I like to say "Revmote." I can't say I like "Wiimote" nearly as much.

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

Imperial Knight wrote:I prefer Revolution because I like to say "Revmote." I can't say I like "Wiimote" nearly as much.

It's like a little kid's way of saying "remote"! :P

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Eh, I hate the controler with a passion.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

You've used it? You've played it extensively to see whether it works in the usage for which it's intended? Or is this some silly ego thing about not wanting to be seen holding something nonstandard, like the people who claimed loudly that they wouldn't be caught dead with a purple console?

Here's another thoughtful column on the name. I realize most people would rather make dumb jokes than be thoughtful, but for the random person who's more interested in being intelligent than being 5, here you go.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Alunissage's article wrote:Science indicates that every possible "Wii" joke
has already been made, less than 72 hours after its
revelation. Well done, Internet! You can stop now.

Hehe.

I hadn't really thought explicitly about the appeal to non-English speakers, but it makes sense. Of course, this does not mean that the American counterpart of Nintendo has to go with the name... but it's probably more convenient to go on with one name than it was over twenty years ago with the Famicom/NES.

I don't think a name should make an object. I think that the object should be judged both on what it can do and what it's used with. So I look forward to what the controller will bring, what games I will be able to use it with. I look forward to this system. And if I don't like it, I won't judge it based on three piddly letters.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Alunissage wrote:You've used it? You've played it extensively to see whether it works in the usage for which it's intended? Or is this some silly ego thing about not wanting to be seen holding something nonstandard, like the people who claimed loudly that they wouldn't be caught dead with a purple console?

I use a television remote and even from minor usage it gets uncomfortable and if used as a game pad, I can see my hands getting sore and painful as it is. Not that anyone here knows it, but when playing a simple point and click comptuer game, or even a simple arror-kay game, my hands get painful really fast.

Alunissage wrote:I realize most people would rather make dumb jokes than be thoughtful, but for the random person who's more interested in being intelligent than being 5, here you go.

Psh, screw being 5. 4 is better.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:You've used it? You've played it extensively to see whether it works in the usage for which it's intended? Or is this some silly ego thing about not wanting to be seen holding something nonstandard, like the people who claimed loudly that they wouldn't be caught dead with a purple console?

I think that's a tad unfair a comparison. The Wii's controller really does worry me now, and it's no stretch to say that it certainly looks uncomfortable. When folks see the controller, they imagine using it to play a game, and a controller is nowhere near as abritrary a thing as the color of the machine. (And to me, the original Saturn controller is still the most comfortable one to date). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

(And to me, the original Saturn controller is still the most comfortable one to date).

Bah, you didn't have you use it consistently on the same game for 8 months straight...
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:
(And to me, the original Saturn controller is still the most comfortable one to date).

Bah, you didn't have you use it consistently on the same game for 8 months straight...

You're one to complain! You got compensated for that! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Hehe, nah, actually, I do think the Saturn controller was a solid controller.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Can't say anything about the saturn or dreamcast's controllers, but for the longest time the N64 was the most uncomfortable controller I have used at the time. Then the Xbox came out. While the second generation controllers are indeed comfortable, the ungoddly huge first generation controllers too the crown from the N64 as the most uncomfortable controller.

Funny though, boy have controllers changed... from a directional pad and two game buttons to game controllers with over half a dozen game buttons and sleek curvators.

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

phyco126 wrote:Then the Xbox came out.

My friend refers to that monstrosity as "The Duke."

He loves The Duke...I hate it. To me, that shoe box of a controller is the worst thing ever created. When I first started playing Xbox games...I couldn't :P The button layout on that thing was just terrible. They were just all in the wrong places, and no amount of muscle memory was helpful in training oneself to use them. I've got big hands, but even I was/am uncapable of really using that thing effectively for some reason. Everything about it is just...wrong :P
Free your mind and let your dreams fly, -me

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I agree, and that was a turn down from the Xbox. However, when I got a job and got an Xbox so I could play Halo, I found that they changed the controllers a bit, so they where smaller and far easier to handle, which I quickly became quite adapt at using :).

However, nothing can replace the Playstation controller. Now to me, that thing was THE most comfortable controller. No matter how many hours I spent playing, my hands never got tired or sore. Unlike even the Xbox and past controllers, there where times my hands would get a wee bit cramped.