Resident Evil 5

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
MogTheMoogle
Meribian Merchant
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Resident Evil 5

Post by MogTheMoogle »

Any RE fans here? I'm pretty sure you guys have heard and already watched the extended trailer for this beautiful game. You can find it at http://www.the-horror.com .

This game looks awesome, I love Chris's punch near the end of the trailer. He went from a little STARS boy scout to pure badass... then again that's pretty much how Leon turned out... they went overboard with him though. I'm hoping Chris gets his fair share of getting the crap knocked out of him, I kinda hate it when the hero comes out of the story unscratched.
Holy karp, a Lunar: SSSC video walkthrough!
http://www.youtube.com/my_playlists?p=63A45604406446EE

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

Dude I can't wait for this game. I've beat Resident Evil 4 seven times lol. I hope Leons in RE5.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

This game series just keeps getting worse and worse and worse and worse and worse...

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

MogTheMoogle
Meribian Merchant

Post by MogTheMoogle »

phyco126 wrote:This game series just keeps getting worse and worse and worse and worse and worse...
Why? RE4 was spectacular. It wasn't scary, and Leon had some cheesy quotes, and well, action =/= survival horror, but overall it was crazy fun.
Holy karp, a Lunar: SSSC video walkthrough!
http://www.youtube.com/my_playlists?p=63A45604406446EE

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, let me clearify that I think the game has gotten worse from my perspective.

I enjoyed the slow, mystery, spooky/shock factor of RE:2. Three I thought was a bit lame, 4 I thought took away from RE as a whole, and 5... I just don't know.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Patty Mac
Meribian Merchant

Post by Patty Mac »

I love the RE series and look forward to playing this one as well. They have made some stinkers like gun survivor and RE3 but I won't say anything negative about this game until I've had a chance to play it personally.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

phyco126 wrote:Well, let me clearify that I think the game has gotten worse from my perspective.

I enjoyed the slow, mystery, spooky/shock factor of RE:2. Three I thought was a bit lame, 4 I thought took away from RE as a whole, and 5... I just don't know.
Actually, i have another point of view. Back in the PS1 era...our expectations weren't quite so high. The Pre-RE4 games were fun, but the controls were frustrating and not ideal. It definitely had scary stuff, but a lot of that came from knowing it'd be hard to kill them. would that have been the same if the controls were intuitive? we need intuitive controls that feel natural AND we need a scary experience. R4 only gave me that when the zombie came out of the "torch chamber" thing and grabbed me.

Resident Evil is an amazing concept that has NEVER been done properly. at least not what I envision. i like the puzzles. i don't want any box moving puzzles. DEFINITELY not one of those "move the squares and make a picture" puzzles again. i'd like more complexity on gameplay but not in how controlling the character feels. it needs to be quite hard and ammo should be a bit hard to find. not a crippling shortage but definitely not like you could get it in RE4.

Resident Evil in the year 2030 should be nice. it's actually very plausible that by then it could be full immersion VR. think the human mind and body could tolerate that?