To the past ?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Zhirl
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

To the past ?

Post by Zhirl »

Has anyone somewhat neglected today's games and decided to go play some oldies such as PSX for kids like me.

Legend of Legaia
Tales of Destiny
and some others I will, once I bother to wake up from realizing it's summer school...
Curiosity killed the cat, white man brought it back.

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

Yeah. Tales of Destiny owns still...I quit Tales of Symphonia recently to go back and beat it.
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, I'm still working on Majora's Mask. Was hoping to play it tonight but I probably won't. And I'd like to replay Legaia sometime.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Man I gotta start playing my stack of backlogged games... and stuff I've been meaning to go through a second time. I think that's around 4-5 games...

- Tales of Phantasia (PSX)
- Lunar: Magic School
- Lunar: Eternal Blue (Mega CD)
- Tales of Destiny (PSX, import)

Hm... then there're the other games that aren't as important to get to yet... Tokimeki Memorial 1 & 2, Sakura Taisen 1 & 2, Grandia (Saturn), etc. etc. I hardly ever play the newfangled stuff anymore. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

My game-buying has slowed of late, though I've also played fewer games this year so that's not helping my backlog any. I'm still trying to finish Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne which I started in January. There's just so much in that game that I'm trying to finish it before my character hits level 99 and the timer 100 hours because then I'll be embarrassed I've spent so much time on it. :P

Anyway, getting back on topic, after SMT:N I plan on putting ICO in the PS2. It's a first gen PS2 game, but apparently it's some incredible storytelling experience I completely missed out on so I'm going to have to go back and play it.

If I get the chance, I'm going back to the first Persona game on the PSX as well, but it's admittedly getting harder to play the really old backlogged games of mine. Two, three, even four years back isn't that big a jump. Seven or eight is pushing it.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

I usually go back to play Lunar SS which can be beat in a span of one day, hehehe I know lol. Lunar 2 EB and FF 7. I usually do this once a year. Every once in awhile I replay the lunar remakes aswell.

keele864
Red Dragon Priest

Post by keele864 »

Earlier this month I randomly decided to take out my Genesis and play Contra: Hard Corps and Castlevania: Bloodlines. I've also play Street Fighter : Anniversary Collection and Mega Man Anniversary Collection, both of which are compilations of some older games.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Right now I've been playing Space Channel 5 (thankfully, a quick addiction), Lunar: EBC, and another game or two when it strikes my fancy. Actually, I also want to replay Alundra. I think after that, I'll be satiated enough to buy some more modern games, like the new Harvest Moon coming out, as well as Samurai Legend Musashi and Ys and... eventually, Lunar DS.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

artzi
Red Dragon Priest

Post by artzi »

I play Phantasy Star 4 and all three Sonics on mega drive.
enix 7tth saga on SNES.
And alone in the dark on pc LOL

love a riddle
Lostest Boy

Post by love a riddle »

I've been replaying some older games because new games simply won't come out.

Replayed within last year:
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Xenosaga Episode I
Grandia II

Planning to Replay this Summer:
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Lunar 1 and 2 (PS)
Xenogears

Still Have to Play:
Skies of Arcadia (GC)
Zelda: Windwaker
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

I declare Auguest/September to be my official Replaying Through Final Fantasy VII In Preparation of Advent Children period.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

You have way too much time on your hands to get through eight RPGs in a year. :P I'd count myself lucky if I could get through more than two.

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

*sheepishly looks at game pile from last year*

Panzer Dragoon Saga
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Chrono Cross
Lost Kingdoms II
Defenders of Oasis
Shining Soul II
Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis

Um... I managed nine. ^^; Do not ask how. I really don't understand it myself since I've only finished one this year (Baten Kaitos). I think it helped that half of them could be finished in under 20 hours, but still...
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

DragonMaster Sam
Nanza Bandit

Post by DragonMaster Sam »

While I sometimes play the current systems, most of the time I still find myself playing my Super NES. It's the best system around, next to the NES.