Sonic the Hedgehog

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Omega
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Sonic the Hedgehog

Post by Omega »

You guys can use this to talk about Sonic the Hedgehog.

Anyway, i'll give that the gameplay on Sonic '06 was a bit annoying, but that problem only occurs in certain levels for all three hedgehogs. that aside, the game still had a good story.
Those who underestimate the power of the human spirit are destined to fail... and that means you, Ghaleon!

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog

Post by AlexHiro4 »

A Sonic game actually had a good story? I played the older ones on Sega Genesis and I remember that they didn't have much of a story. <shrugs> You learn something new everyday I guess.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

A lot of the early Sonic games had a good story. It was simple but it served its purpose of just being fun.

Sonic 3 + Sonic & Knuckles (locked-on) is still the best Sonic game out there. Although Sonic CD comes really close. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Kizyr wrote:A lot of the early Sonic games had a good story. It was simple but it served its purpose of just being fun.

Sonic 3 + Sonic & Knuckles (locked-on) is still the best Sonic game out there. Although Sonic CD comes really close. KF
I'm the other way around, I put Sonic CD slightly past Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Either way those two were the best games in the series. ^^
-Nobi

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I still favor Sonic 3 & Knuckles, though I must admit, they come from very good stock, because I still play Sonic 2 and Sonic 1 sometimes... moreso Sonic 2, because I know that game so very well.

And more detailed story-based Sonic can be pretty good. At its best, probably Sonic Adventure 2, it doesn't distract from anything, and can be a good ride combined with the gameplay. Then there's Sonic Adventure, which was trying to be an adventure game and had a few rough spots, but was okay. And then there was Sonic Heroes, which makes me sigh. I haven't played any Sonic game more recently than that except for Sonic Riders (which I love) and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

I like The Sonic and Mario Olympic games. I tense up when I play it, so all my joints are sore afterwards. Lol.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Kizyr wrote:A lot of the early Sonic games had a good story. It was simple but it served its purpose of just being fun.

I like that you understand that a story can be GOOD without being excessively complicated. That's why i love Lunar a lot more than FF. FF games have a million twists and half of them suck.

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

I only have one thing to say: the new Sonic game suck. ONly the 2D old school Sonic games ever got the formula right. The creators should never have made the jump to 3D graphics, as they've shown themselves to be completely incapable of making quality Sonic games as of...ever since the first 3D Sonic game.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

I replayed a couple of THOSE and i think even those aren't as great as i recall. I didn't realize that it was largely "omg look how pretty all these colors are when i'm hauling ass!" that i was loving.