Dood! The Disgaea 3 thread

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Dood! The Disgaea 3 thread

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

So I picked up Disgaea 3 on Tuesday and have been grinding away. Man I'm loving this game already. The story is a lot funnier and quirkier than Disgaea 2 was (the main character in particular, Mao, is delightfully silly), the music is once again top notch (though it does borrow a few tracks from the past couple of games), and the gameplay is as solid as ever.

I haven't dug far enough into the game to tell whether "evilities" are a better idea than the old method which consisted of improving abilities by leveling up. So far this is the only thing that seems like it's kind of a snag compaired to previous entries.

And Prinnies!

-Nobi

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Dood! The Disgaea 3 thread

Post by localflick »

I very much enjoy the first two, is the item world back?

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Whats the game about?? Other than it being a tactics game with huge Damage, I don't know anything about it.
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

localflick wrote:I very much enjoy the first two, is the item world back?
Item world is back, as are a couple of new features, one called the Class World.
Sadrin wrote:Whats the game about?? Other than it being a tactics game with huge Damage, I don't know anything about it.
Each of the Disgaea games takes place in a Netherworld filled with Demons, Demon Lords, and Overlords.

The 3rd game's premise is about Mao, the sun of an Overload (a "Mao"), who decides he's going to become a hero in order to defeat his father. He came to the conclusion that only a Hero can defeat an Overlord after extensive research (i.e. watching lots of anime and reading manga). It's a tactical RPG with very VERY quirky humor.

The "massive damage" is mostly optional. You can build your characters up to Level 9999, but can beat the game at about Level 80 (as I did).
-Nobi