Star Ocean

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Star Ocean

Post by Monde Luna »

This thread is basically just a question. I have been playing Star Ocean Till the End of Time for a few months now. This is the first Star Ocean game I have played. I know I'm right at the end, I'm assuming I am in the final/next to final dungeon but I am simply have a hard time finishing the game. Is the ending worth fighting through to see? I think I have gotten to the point where I am just sick of fighting monsters. Just as an FYI I have that problem with lots of RPG's.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Star Ocean

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

Ending is awful. I enjoyed the game up until there lame little plot twist and I thought it sucked hardcore. I wouldn't recommend continuing if you're already having a difficult time with it.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

I got to the very end and just stopped. The plot just wasn't worth it near the end, and the only things I really enjoyed about the game at that point was inventing and running around the world on little errands, so I just didn't finish. I have another friend that did the same.

It's entertainment - life is too short to spend on it on things you don't need to do and don't enjoy!

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I'm pretty sure that I'm aware of what the twist is. I won't say what it is, but I thought it was a neat twist. That said, my view may have been different if I had played the game.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I ended up getting to a point which was close to the end of the game, but still a little ways out... I think the big turn had happened already at that point, and if there were to be any further plot turns along the way, I wasn't especially interested, since I was apparently underleveled. >_<
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Thanks for the info guys, I will let the game rot on my shelf. :wink: