Suikoden Tierkreis for the DS...

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Suikoden Tierkreis for the DS...

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

...Is excellent. I'm a few hours into it and I'm really enjoying it. Story is good, voice acting is a bit over dramtized but still enjoyable, and there are plenty of little side quests to do. Theres a character named Moana who gives you jobs Dragon Song style, and the huge cast of characters is back again as well. I am enjoying this game, but it's different. So far, if you got rid of the reference to the 108 Stars of Destiny, it could easily be another game. No returning characters, no familliar settings, no upgrading weapons at the blacksmith, and... NO RUNES?! This might change later in the game, but so far everyone is getting their powers from weird glowing books. THAT kinda upsets me. I understand if you dont want to give up a spot for one of the true runes for the DS spinp-off, but at least stick to the same battle plan. Still, not a bad game. i can already see where the conflict is going to lie, and I like it. I definitely recommend investing the $35 and getting yourself a copy.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: Suikoden Tierkreis for the DS...

Post by GhaleonOne »

I was excited for it then heard it wasn't that good compared to the main series. Figured if it was going to be like IV, then I wouldn't bother (I loved 1-3 and 5, but 4 was a chore and just felt sub-par to the rest of the series). Might check it out of it's worth it.
-G1

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Oh hell, miles from Suikoden IV. I'd put it on level with III. Certainly not one of the best in the series but not bad either. It's fun.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'll have to get it then. I love the series and wanted to support it in hopes of getting a legit Suikoden VI. V was amazing... probably my favorite of the series, so I had thought we would have gotten a Suikoden VI by now.
-G1

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Yeah, V was fantastic, but my favorite is still II. I'm next to positive that we'll get VI. They have at least ten games scheduled and there's just waaaay too many loose ends. Missing a ton of the true runes, still don't know the relationship between Pesmerga and Yuber, haven't set foot in Harmonia yet... Too much going on for them to stop the series now.

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon wrote: No returning characters, no familliar settings, no upgrading weapons at the blacksmith, and... NO RUNES?! This might change later in the game, but so far everyone is getting their powers from weird glowing books. THAT kinda upsets me. I understand if you dont want to give up a spot for one of the true runes for the DS spinp-off, but at least stick to the same battle plan.
Weird. I wonder if that changes as the game goes on? There have been rune-derivative throughout all of the games (scrolls + fragments) so perhaps thats where they were going with it. Eliminating the runes entirely would be an odd choice though, considering how important they are.

Still, I'm definitely going to pick this game up as soon as I get out of school. I'm doing a Suiko playthrough right now, so this will fit in nicely!

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Just beat it. Was an excellent game. A good addition to the series. They never referenced the runes at all, but they have this multiverse they refer to as the Infinity, so I think they are trying to use that to explain it away. Regardless of the series related errors, it was an excellent game. A bit too easy in my opinion, but I always tend to go the extra mile in games and make my cast of characters ridiculously strong. They did an excellent job having you utilize the large cast of characters. Have to have multiple groups for multiple events, so you cant slack off and level up only a hand full of characters. Overall, I'd give it a B or a B+. Awesome story, awesome cast of characters. I found the main character kind of annoying, but he was still refreshing considering he didn't conform to the whole cold and quiet cliche. I definitely recommend this to people, both fans of the series and newcomers alike. Check it out.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

I was pleasantly surprised at how much voice over work they fit into a ds cart. It's a little compressed, and there are times when it seems like the main character has been drinking a case of Red Bull, but it's pretty good overall.

It makes me wonder if we'll experience more games with lots of voice overs on the DS.

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Oh yeah, they not only have good voice acting, but they have good voice acting for over 108 characters. :P

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

I'm almost done with this game now, I've been at the end for about 3 weeks... I just haven't had time to finish it. Anyway, I was actually pleased with the quality. The story is okay and everything makes sense. And I have to agree w/ localflick on the VA, while impressive the main character is on speed.