Lucas Arts Games Now on Steam! (Updated with prices)

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Werefrog
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lucas Arts Games Now on Steam! (Updated with prices)

Post by Werefrog »

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2644/

LucasArts the company responsible for some of the most beloved adventure games will be releasing a few of their classic games tomorrow. Depending on the price, I'll be buying Loom and The Dig as soon as I wake up.

It's a great time to be a gamer!

Edit:

The games have been available for a few hours now. The price is certainly right: 5 dollars per game. I think Nintendo should take note of the price and see how these games sell compared to the virtual console... and maybe adjust pricing accordingly.

Anyway, I bought The Dig and Loom. I was tempted to go ahead and buy the Indiana Jones games since I thought the games were going to be 10 dollars at first, but I resisted.
Last edited by Werefrog on Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Some classic games availabe via Steam tomorrow

Post by DevNall »

Am I missing something, or is there a reason this is in the General Lunar forum?

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Moved to general gaming.

I wish I hadn't bought a game last night, because then I'd buy one of these. O_o
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

DevNall wrote:Am I missing something, or is there a reason this is in the General Lunar forum?
Opps. Sorry about that, especially if the title got you excited about the prospect of Lunar on Steam. I was just so excited (and tired, that played into too I'm sure).

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Sonic, were, Did you guys get the new MI game yet? I got it last night. It is definately worth grabbing.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Re: Lucas Arts Games Now on Steam! (Updated with prices)

Post by Werefrog »

I didn't get it because I don't think my laptop will support anything so fancy (it's pretty bare bones when it comes to gaming). I will get it though when it comes out for WiiWare. I'm glad to hear that it's good, though! I always get nervous when series that I love get sequels after so many years (maybe that's Dragon Song's effect on me)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

WD RPG WD wrote:Sonic, were, Did you guys get the new MI game yet? I got it last night. It is definately worth grabbing.
I'm also waiting for the Wii version. Thanks for letting me know though! I look forward to it.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I just finished Loom. It's a lot shorter than I thought it would be (about 4 hours). I really enjoyed though, but it did seem really incomplete (Apparently, they were originally going to make two other games). I still think it was worth the money though.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

It's good to see Armed and Dangerous up there, a really fun FPS that was. Also good to see Fate of Atlantis up there also, the only good Indiana Jones game we ever recieved. I am, however, disappointed in one thing. Still no X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter game or remake. Though Replublic Commando wasn't that bad and Starfighter wasn't totally horrible.