First system ?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

First system ?

Post by Guest »

Here's a question what is the very first game system you owned ?
Mine was SegaCD.

Pitch
Nanza Bandit

Post by Pitch »

First system that I owned?

That'd be a Sega Genesis. First system I ever played on, ever? That'd be the NES. Good times.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I count the Commodore 64 as a computer system. :P

But, besides that, the first real system I had was a Sega Genesis. The first games, Sonic 2, Echo the Dolphin, and X-Men. :D
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, the first system that we, rented, kinda, was the NES, but the first true system that I owned was the Sega, when they where still at $109

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

SNES. Seems strange that I did'nt get one of the Sega consols first.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

NES, all the way.

I ended up having almost every system in the early years... SNES, Genesis, SCD, Game Gear, hell I even had the 32X. Got the Saturn soon as it came out as well. About that time I didn't care about buying everything up since I realized how little they were really worth, and focused entirely on only getting very few good games that I could get a lot of mileage out of. Hence why I'm into RPGs now. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

In order:

Intellivision (was my dads, first game system I ever played, I was probably 2 years old; 1982ish) Only games I truley remember playing much of was Advanced Dungeons and Dragons and Burgertime.
Commodore 64 - Totally with Sonic on this. Very good times. That thing got a lot of use. I still have it, though I need a new disk drive for it to work.
NES (1988 or so) - THE system to have at the time. Main games I played on it were Mario, Ninja Gaiden, Mega Man and Turtles games, but there are so many more that could be mentioned. Never was into RPGs at the time though.
SNES (early 93 sometime) - Mostly because of Mario, but ended up in love with Zelda, which started me on RPGs
GameBoy Christmas 1992.
Genesis - 1994. Gameboy got stolen, used the money we got from the car dealership that stole it (which never paid us even close to the full amount) to buy a Genesis after hearing about supposedly good RPGs on the Sega CD. Never did get a Genesis game until like 2001.
Sega CD - Christmas 94, rented Vay cause it was newer than Lunar. Knew very little about Lunar, Working Designs, etc. Finally tried Lunar, friggin' fell in love.

After that I bought quite a few systems. At this point I own: Intellivision, Commodore 64, NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, GameBoy Advance, Nintendo DS, Virtual Boy, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation and Playstation 2. My brother owns an Xbox. On top of this, I used to own a Sega Nomad, a JVC X'eye (a Sega CD/Genesis combo thing that JVC put out) and a second Genesis. Genesis broke, sold the other two systems on Ebay last summer. I feel I'm forgetting a system, but can't think of what.
-G1

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

NES, I still remember the first game I ever played on it... Sesame Street ABC's :P I also played a lot lot of Mario 1 2 and 3.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

My first system was the NES, even though it was my dad's. I remember playing Mario, Castlevania, and some other wierd things that were fun. I wish my AC cord wasn't missing to it though...

Then my first system I actually owned was the SNES. The first time I played a rpg was on SNES, but I didn't get into them until the PSX.

Then all the other ones in order...I think...are: Sega Genesis, Gameboy, Sega Saturn (Which in the end only ever got Nights and Sonce R for it), N64, PSX, GBA, PS2, Gamecube, and then lastly my Nintendo DS.

I got Gameboy Pocket and Color somewhere in there but I can't remember where.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Dark_Fairy wrote:My first system was the NES, even though it was my dad's. I remember playing Mario, Castlevania, and some other wierd things that were fun. I wish my AC cord wasn't missing to it though...

You can buy another AC cord at any electronics or hardware store. Just check the voltage on the back of the NES unit and see what kind you need; the NES is either 6 or 9V if I remember right. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

DragonMaster Sam
Nanza Bandit

Post by DragonMaster Sam »

The Atari (don't remember which model) back in the late 80's.. That's the first system we had.

Ruby
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Ruby »

My first system was the Atari 7800

http://home.earthlink.net/~jeffw2002/games/images/7800_4.jpg

And there's an image so Sam can identify if that might have been it.

Audric
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Audric »

NES =D

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

My first was the NES. I loved all the Mario games, both Zelda games, and Tetris on it. (I still remember how excited I was when we got Super Mario Bros 3.)

Then I got my first handheld. It was the Atari Lynx. Technically superior to the Gameboy, but it didn't really have too many great games. :x

Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Scorpioeyez »

Atari 2600.... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day.
~ Webmaster of OtakuReview ~

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

ilovemyguitar wrote:Then I got my first handheld. It was the Atari Lynx. Technically superior to the Gameboy, but it didn't really have too many great games. :x

There's an understatement... I had a Lynx, all the games for it were poorly designed and not much fun to play through. 'Course, I got it late when the thing was on sale, long after it flopped. The Game Gear, by contrast, was a great portable system with great games--and a horrid battery life. The Game Boy might've been technically inferior, but it had enough games and lasting power to make it worthwhile...

Same thing would apply to the DS versus the PSP. Just because one is technically superior doesn't mean it'll sell better. But, that's beside the point. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

I think there was a certain charm to the B&W LCD display. :D

Anyway, my first was Atari 2600. I'm real old school.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

chilly
Meryod Yokel

Post by chilly »

1st System NES
1st Handheld Gameboy
Is it me or is it kinda chilly in here? ^_^

Felth
Burg Farmer

Post by Felth »

My first system was the Commodore 64.

ZP
Pao Hunter

Post by ZP »

I can't remember what I played on first. Probably a BBC Micro in school.

My first system was a Sinclair Spectrum +2.

First console was a Sega Master System, and my first handheld was a GameBoy.