Your top 5 video games

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:
Spirit Icana wrote:I've never played a Lunar game before so I don't know how those are; I'm excited about Lunar: Dragon Song though.

Just wondering, why are you here then? Dragon Song is pretty much only big news to people who already knew the series.

I think any traditional RPG fan with a Nintendo DS would be happy to see Lunar: DS. Are there any other traditional RPGs for the DS right now? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, honestly, I'm with Kiz on that one. The reason Legend sold so well is it had a lot of new fans introduced to the series. I think that's possible with this game. And on top of that, this being the first RPG for the DS stateside will give it a bit of an edge it would otherwise miss out on.
-G1

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

There's so many sub-categories that you could go into to make this a lil' bit easier. Not much, but it would help.

Final Fantasy III/VI is my all-time favorite game ever. So that much is easy for me.

Suikoden Series.
Lunar Series.
Mario Kart Series
Shadow Hearts Series.

So I cheated some what.
Others on my honor list.
Final Fantasy II/IV, X-Men Legends, Tales of Destiny, Tales of Symphonia, Dragon Force, I forget which Shining Game but it has Forte!! Chrono Series.
ImageImageImage

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:Yeah, honestly, I'm with Kiz on that one. The reason Legend sold so well is it had a lot of new fans introduced to the series. I think that's possible with this game. And on top of that, this being the first RPG for the DS stateside will give it a bit of an edge it would otherwise miss out on.

It's the first RPG for the DS in Japan too, if I'm not mistaken. At least, that's what the advertisements are saying. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

True. I was forgetting about things like that. I don't generally get particularly excited about new-to-me games/series until after they've been out and I've heard more directly about them. It just seems strange to jump in to an existing series' community when so much of the conversation is regarding how it relates to earlier installments.

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

Well, other than the fact that this is indeed the first RPG coming to the Nintendo DS over here in North America, I joined these boards in hopes of having some say regarding the localization of Lunar: Dragon Song. Seeing as this site hosted the name poll for the game and is the home to the official site of Lunar: Dragon Song; I said to myself "why not." There is a lot of intelligent discussion on here regarding video games as a whole so I feel comfortable with you guys; the boards are very slow though.

Kizyr wrote:It's the first RPG for the DS in Japan too, if I'm not mistaken. At least, that's what the advertisements are saying. KF

Depends on how you look at Egg Monster Hereos and maybe even Goemon.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

There is a lot of intelligent discussion on here regarding video games as a whole so I feel comfortable with you guys; the boards are very slow though.

Slow as in they load slow, or slow as in people don't post as much as some other boards slow? Just curious.
-G1

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

I'd say both if it wasn't for the fact that the loading times I had just now were obnormally fast compared to how they were earlier in the week. The slowdown period must've been my computer acting up.

SinReVi
Saith Pirate

Post by SinReVi »

1. Lufia II Rise of the Sinistrals
2. CIMA The Enemy
3. Lufia The Legend Returns
4. Lufia & The Fortress of Doom
5. Lufia The Ruins of Lore

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I'm gonna cheat because my list would only comprise of Lunar games otherwise...

1) Lunar Series
2) Shadow Hearts Series
3) Silent Hill Series
4) The Sims 1 & 2 (All expansions) (PC)
5) Shadow of Destiny

Honorable Mentions: Starcraft Series (PC), Skies of Arcadia, Popful Mail, Soul Calibur Series, Monkey Island, Willy Beamish, and D.

mr. farenheit
Saith Pirate

Post by mr. farenheit »

1.sonic cd(seeing that it was the first game I ever played,it deserves the top spot)
2.lunar 1/lunar2(I put them together because I like them about the same)
3.skies of arcadia legends
4.tales of phantasia
5.klonoa:door to phantomile

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Hm, I've never known anyone to actually start out on the Sega CD. That's a new one.

But, good taste... {^^}. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

It's really hard to name a top five, so many good games here is a short list.

1. Lunar: The Silver Star
2. The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time
3. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
4. Dragon Force
5. Super Mario Kart
6. Tetris Attack
7. The Legend of Zelda
8. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
9. Super Metroid
10. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

there are many many many many others. It's hard to narrow stuff down, this list might change as I remember old favorites on and off as well.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Yeah, I'm afraid I'm going to have to cheat on this one too...

The Old School List:
1.) The 2 big Lunars -both versions, but I love EB/EBC more
2.) Grandia & Grandia II
3.) FF VII
4.) Doom
5.) Street Fighter II - In all it's versions

Though I just started Tales of Destiny 2, and it'll probably end up in the top 5 too. I'll probably never get a PS2, GC, or Xbox since I'll never finish the games I already have... but that's a great problem. :)

Mog Dragonheart
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mog Dragonheart »

-Suikoden II* This series was just a total awesome upgrade over Suikoden I. As if they were logging me and Neuromancer's IMs over the years. To bad they f'ked up everything in Suikoden III

-Dragon Force* Addictive and the Black Mask of Death. 'nuff said.

-Final Fantasy VI* First RPG ever, loved everything about it, know everything about it, still love it today.

-Smackdown* Can't mess with me and my friends 5* matches. Totally addictive and plus create a wrestler mode. Totally love creating the perfect image and move-set for ourselves. haha. Come on God, grow me 5 inches taller!

-Super Mario RPG* Mallow, Geno and the Axem Rangers made me really really love this game.

Honorable Mentions:
Suikoden I (It was easy, fun, and had this loveable charm to it.)

Final Fantasy VII (Not that great at all, but there's a lot to it that I love above all other games)

the first half of Wild ARMs (Aside from the Battle System, I loved it, until they first met Ziekfried. Wish there was more to the Kingdom of Arcadia.

Skies of Arcadia (My love for RPGs was reborn. There was something old school about it. The corniness maybe? But it was a good RPG. The battle system wasn't all that enjoyable but I could live with it.)

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

So many Final Fantasy VII's...my least favorite FF.

For me:

1.) Xenogears
2.) Final Fantasy VI
3.) Lunar SSSC
4.) Lunar EBC
5.) Chrono Trigger

This is for favorite RPGs....if it was favorite games, I'd never know which Megaman or Castlevania to stick in there.
Last edited by Ardekh on Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

1.) Lunar SSSC
2.) Lunar 2 EBC
3.) Rhapsody
4.) GTA2
5.) (currently) Command and Conquer

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

1. Legend of Mana
2. Lunar series
3. Zelda: OoT
4. Chrono Trigger
5. Donkey Kong Country/Super Mario World (SNES) ..It's a tie.

My choices might seem weird, especially the last one, but eh. I was addicted to those two games when I was really little. =P

Honorable mentions: Breath of Fire II, Mario Paint (....what?), Super Mario 64, Ogre Battle 64, Clay Fighter SNES (um...yeah >_>), Tales of Symphonia, Star Fox 64, Ragnarok Online (I don't play it anymore, but I seriously loved that game.)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Not to me. I always feel silly for putting DKC 2/3 on lists which otherwise comprise RPGs (well, and Super Metroid), but DKC 3 is like my comfort game, whenever I want to play something that's more or less easy and fun and short. And if I ever put together such a list I'd probably have your #2-4 choices on it also, which pretty much makes five.

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

Never played lunars on sega CD and PSX, so these won't be in it( I'm sure they would if I'd played them :D )
1) final fantasy VII
2) riviera: the promised land
3) lunar legend
4) fire emblem: the sealed sword
5) fire emblem: the sacred stones

honorable mentions: halo: combat evolved, secret of mana, call of duty pc+ expansion, sims 2, advance wars, final fantasy X, final fantasy V