What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Sonix
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by Sonix »

Kaiya-Sky wrote:
ShindoW wrote:
Kaiya-Sky wrote:I'm playing the Legend of Dragoon, well sort of, I'm at the end boss. I tried him once, got him down to red, he killed Rose and Meru, and confused Dart and that was the end of that, and i really don't want to attempt that again for awhile, he's such a boring boss. So i going to Play Tales of the Abyss now~
I don't know if I misread my strategy guide but I was under the impression you had to use Dart, Kongol, and one other character to defeat the last boss, which is why I put that game down (and I'm missing 1 frickin' stardust somewhere)
Really? i never herd of having to use specific people to defeat the end boss, and they don't mention anything about it in the game, I hope i don't have to I'm really bad with Kongal, but i did almost kill him with Meru and Rose so i don't think you have to. Missing one Star dust would really suck it could be anywhere, and it would be really anoying to find.
I used Dart, Rose and Haschel and got him on the first try. I don't think I was overleveled since I had some trouble with some bosses before (the last time you fight the dragon, I believe). And I tend to be underleveled, if anything. Except in Tales of the Abyss, where I played with my friend and we did almost everything before facing the final boss.

Oh yea, don't forget to get those items that reduce the physical or magical damage by 50%.
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

World of Warcraft
Avalon Code
Chrono Trigger
Dance Dance Revolution Konamix
Final Fantasy III
Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete
Pokemon SoulSilver
Suikoden Tierkreis
Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille Zur Macht

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Final Fantasy VI (or FFIII if you prefer). It's been a long time since I've played it last. I'd actually forgotten many of the details of the story.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Imperial Knight wrote:Final Fantasy VI (or FFIII if you prefer). It's been a long time since I've played it last. I'd actually forgotten many of the details of the story.
I need to replay that...some century.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 as well as Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Besides those though, I'm also playing Halo: Reach with a few friends of mine every once in a while.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Ardent Fox wrote:Sonic the Hedgehog 2 as well as Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Besides those though, I'm also playing Halo: Reach with a few friends of mine every once in a while.
Sonic 2 = awesome cause of Tails! XD

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

MaroonChan wrote:

It's not awesome going through those special stages and having Tails run into all the bombs cause he's too stupid to jump the same time I do. So many rings lost...;_;

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Ardent Fox wrote:
MaroonChan wrote:

It's not awesome going through those special stages and having Tails run into all the bombs cause he's too stupid to jump the same time I do. So many rings lost...;_;
Ha, true. XD But he's so adorable, it makes up for it. GO FOXES! XD

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

That plane he made was pretty sweet.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Cause he's Tails! XD Shame I don't have my plushie of him anymore...I don't think I do anyway...if I recall you could bend his tail's.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I've always had a soft spot for Tails. Not so much for voice-acted Tails, but for struggling-to-keep-up-and-not-on-screen-for-most-of-the-level Tails? Yeah.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

I thought the voice acted Tails in Sonic SatAM was good.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I was playing Sonic CD on PC until my computer broke...

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

When I take breaks from schoolwork, I've been playing some:
Civilization IV
Team Fortress 2
Grandia 2
Chrono Cross
Dragon Quest IX
Ardent Fox wrote:I thought the voice acted Tails in Sonic SatAM was good.
SatAM was a decent Tails. I mean more in the 3D Sonics.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Sonic# wrote:When I take breaks from schoolwork, I've been playing some:
Civilization IV
Team Fortress 2
Grandia 2
Chrono Cross
Dragon Quest IX
Oh Grandia II! One of my favorites! What version? And yay for Chrono Cross.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

MaroonChan wrote:
Civilization IV
Team Fortress 2
Grandia 2
Chrono Cross
Dragon Quest IX
Oh Grandia II! One of my favorites! What version? And yay for Chrono Cross.
This! I hope it's the Dreamcast version.

It's so weird, but for two weekends in a row, I've had time for some games. So I'm replaying Riviera: The Promised Land for the first time since its GBA release. Also, some Civ V and I just bought Recettear, so probably that!

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I've had the Dreamcast version nearly since it was first released. But alas, I don't have a Dreamcast anymore. (It was stolen.) I tried emulating it, but I didn't like it as much. So right now, it's the PS2 version. I notice the shortfalls, but the story and system are still intact.
Sonic#

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I decided to start playing Persona 3 FES again this weekened. I had stopped cause I was stuck quite some time ago, but now I'm unstuck! That usually tends to happen after not playing a game for a while though. >:P

I wish I would had decided to start playing Persona 3 again sooner though, considering all my gaming time will be gone starting October 5th, thanks to Castlevania Lords of Shadow coming out. :D

Looking at the other posts reminds me of how I still need to play Grandia, Grandia II, and Grandia III, since I have them all. I'll eventually get to that.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Yeah! I love the Dreamcast version. I remember right after beating it I rented the ps2 one and I was all "ick" when I compared. *shrug* I did pick it up though. Sometime i'll give that version another go. In fact I need to re-play them all. I never truly beat Grandia. I got to the last boss, but just wasn't strong enough, so I got cheap and game sharked it, lol. Someday, I'll get to it...my game back log is so big! At least I'm getting through my book backlog. I have the habit of buying stuff when I have other games to play or books to read. XD

lunasinger13
Pao Hunter

Post by lunasinger13 »

Civilization IV
Team Fortress 2
Grandia 2
Chrono Cross
Dragon Quest IX
I really have to play Chrono Cross again; I haven't played it since I was a little kid. Do you like playing it?

Right now I'm replaying Final Fantasy IV, which I don't think gets nearly the recognition it deserves for it's storyline. :(