What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by Imperial Knight »

Tecmo Super Bowl. So classic.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

whitedragon_nall wrote:
ShindoW wrote:Got my copy of Last Rebellion w/poster and about to start it since I finished Heavy Rain~
Post back with impressions please! I'm kinda on the fence with this game
Ditto! Please do tell us how it is.

I'm "playing" too much homework. But when I get the chance, I'm so close to finishing Disgaea (yeah, the first one) that I can taste it.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Gee I dunno...Lunar Silver Star Harmony =3

Old_School
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Old_School »

MaroonChan wrote:Gee I dunno...Lunar Silver Star Harmony =3
What a coincidence! That's the same thing I'm playing right now. Who would have thought it?

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Old_School wrote:
MaroonChan wrote:Gee I dunno...Lunar Silver Star Harmony =3
What a coincidence! That's the same thing I'm playing right now. Who would have thought it?
*gasp* I never would of guessed someone else on this forum would be playing it too! :lol:

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Nall and Vyse, as far as Last Rebellion is concerned, you'd be better off saving your money for a price drop. I only shelled out the full price so I could get the preorder poster, because NIS stuff is a %#@% to find later.

The game had mediocre reviews and... well... it's not horrible, but its not particularly enjoyable. IMO, the voice of the main guy (sounds like it may be Vic Mignona) does NOT fit the character at all, but everyone else seems spot on so far (Im at the second town...)

The battle system is tedious (you select body parts to attack and you get bonuses and combos if you get the right order... but its random with no kind of indicator unless you get one in correct sequence... but once you get it for that enemy its easy), but different. As most reviews said, you can tell this game was PSP --> PS3 transition on the fly. Barely anything is animated (like their mouths during dialogue; the art is wonderful however)

My best advice: Find this when it drops to $30 or so or rent it and play it when you have nothing better to play (IE: SSH would be better! XD)

Hope I helped...

I also went back on Heavy Rain and got the ending I wanted. Now I have 2 left I want to get, which are the ending where everyone lives and then a new game where I kill everyone as quick as possible. ;)

But there's so much Lunar TSS and SSH to finish... not to mention my EBC replay... I should just pop in my 3 VHSs of my last playthrough but I love the game too much XD

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Thanks for the reply! I'll probably take your advice and hold off. Too many other games coming out so I'd rather not pick up something mediocre.

And I felt my Heavy Rain ending was (near) perfect so I didn't want to sour that by playing through others so soon. It is definitely worth a couple more replays though. Fantastic game. It really toys with your mind with some of the decisions you're forced to make.

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

Finished Comix Zone, but my file for CastleVania: The Dracula X Chronicles got corrupted after I updated my firmware, despite having a backup of it. Now I have to do the entire game again! Damn you, Sony! :evil:
"To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step..."

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Well that kinda sucks. DXC is an awesome game though, so it shouldn't be too bad replaying it.

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

What's annoying about it is having to collect all of the music files, including going through Boss Rush Mode a good 3 times or so. -.-'
"To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step..."

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Ohh, so it was a completed file with everything unlocked. Well that really is annoying. I had no clue that normal firmware updates could kill data like that.

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

That's the thing; even though I use custom firmware, this has been a common problem even on OFW.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

I had a Dance Dance Revolution file get corrupted once. And there's some corrupted files on my one ps1 memory card (it has 8 of em on it, just one of em has em) and I can't delete em.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

I remember hearing once that PSX memory card corruption was a relatively common thing. Apparently the flash memory they used back then didn't have a lot of read/write cycles. So you get this thing where you try to save, you can only kinda save because you hit the write limit, the file gets corrupted, and then you can't delete the corrupted files because you can no longer write to those blocks.

The same thing happened to my 50+ hour Dragon Warrior VII file.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

The third-party ones with multiple pages were by far the worst.

That's the reason I never finished FFTactics. After my save file getting randomly erased twice, I gave up. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

Agreed. Sometimes they would fail to show up, so getting my PSP and DexDrive was a godsend. So I make sure that I backup all of my PSX files, including PS1, PS2, PS3 and PSP. Just in case this kind of thing happens. Unfortunately, it didn't work in this case. -.-'

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Kizyr wrote:The third-party ones with multiple pages were by far the worst.

That's the reason I never finished FFTactics. After my save file getting randomly erased twice, I gave up. KF
I had something like that happen with Final Fantasy III/VI for Super Nintendo. It got erased a few times (always near the end I believe >_<) it took me a few times to figure out that it did that if I unhooked the system with the game in. I refused to unhook it till I finished it lol.

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

You sure that it wasn't a problem with the battery?

Although that happens to me a lot when it comes to Super Metroid and Kirby Super Star... I wish there was a way to back up these files... -.-'

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Jasonb12 wrote:Although that happens to me a lot when it comes to Super Metroid and Kirby Super Star... I wish there was a way to back up these files... -.-'
You could replace the battery. You have to get a special tool to open the cartridge, but it's not expensive, and it's just a standard button cell battery (CR2032) inside. In fact, Dreamcast VMUs, the Sega Saturn, and I'm fairly sure the Sega CD all use the same battery.

I need to do that for my copy of Harvest Moon, come to think of it, and my Sega CD extra memory cartridge thingy.

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

The batteries in my games aren't dead yet, but I'll save this link as it will be important later. Thanks.

I should have been more clear. Sometimes these games don't like to work properly and after finally getting them to work, sometimes I lose my files. -.-'

What? The Sega CD memory card has a battery in it that may need to be replaced too? I had no idea...