What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
sharkythesharkdogg
Reza Thief
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by sharkythesharkdogg »

Oh, that's a fun coincidence. What area of Canada? My wife's last place of residence before moving to the south (so you know she loves me) was Rockland/Greater Ottawa area.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

My husband says I can tell you he's a Sasquatch-weenie, though I don't know if that's how he'd spell it. =) When we met, he and his younger brother were both in Vancouver going to UBC, and their other brother and parents moved there so now that's where the family is.

sharkythesharkdogg
Reza Thief

Going off final locations we're all sort of opposite twins; East coast/West coast, US Gal & Can Guy/Can Gal & US Guy. That's cute.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

WD RPG WD wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:04 am I guess I never said it was official.. My bad. :x

I'm driving up to see her tomorrow. Our 1 year anniversary. She may even be moving here in the fall. That means RPG all-nighters with Kiz and Jenn, while pigging out on junk food, and getting really sick, because we aren't kids anymore..

Not to get ahead of myself, but wouldn't it be cool to have the 2nd official L-Net wedding on Sept. 2, 2022? 10 years exactly since the last official L-Net wedding?
So first up, post-panini you're both 100% welcome over to our place any time (we'll already be fully vaxxed in a week). And no worries on making it "official" -- I mean, it's not like you misled the entire forums into thinking you were dating when you weren't or vice versa for a good five years to the point where no one even believed us when we announced our engagement.

Anyway I still haven't started on FF7R and now the Mass Effect remaster just came out and we got the Horizon: Forbidden West gameplay teaser, and a major Cloudpunk DLC / effectively a sequel got released a few days ago... So I have a bit to play coming up this year.
~Kizyr (they|them)

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

Hello, I just beat Star Ocean Till the End of Time (PS2) just now this afternoon. Finally, thank God. I started to not care about anything towards the very end and skipped through most of the voice over dialogue, LMAO, which I never do. I think I definitely prefer SO2 to this game. I spent a little time with item creation though not too much most of it was just cooking and making food which I loved. I just wanted to move on to another RPG which I'm pondering what at the moment. The ending song was nice, though.

sharkythesharkdogg
Reza Thief

Anyone else thinking of getting the Legend of Mana remake when it releases?

EDIT: Currently playing some Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown. It's free for me, and Sega put a lot of work into it.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I have Legend of Mana preordered, and I very seldom preorder games. I loved the original and haven't replayed it in 13 years, so I'm looking forward to devoting my summer to the game.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

sharkythesharkdogg
Reza Thief

Nice. I've always really liked the original, but I thought it was one of those unappreciated gems. I guess if it's getting a remake it was much more popular than I thought.

I hope they take the 2-player aspect and bring it online. That would be a nice addition without really changing important parts of the game play.

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

Hey, I just beat Tales of Destiny (PS) earlier today. I thought it was kinda meh but I just wanted to beat it so I can play the other Tales games I have. I pretty much rushed and mashed through the end lol.

I decided to stick to the PS1 and just knock out the games from that console... so, I might play Persona 2: Eternal Punishment next, and then I can get started on the other Persona games in my collection as well.

sharkythesharkdogg
Reza Thief

I noticed my local game store has Eternal Blue Complete for about $120, and I'm thinking of getting it if it's still there and I have money to burn.

Other than that, I plan to play though the first two Trails of Cold Steel games and my wife and I will play through Trails in the Sky before we move onto the fourth Cold Steel game.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

I beat YS IX & Ys Memories of Celceta recently and now I'm back to play Atelier Ryza
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

Hey, guys! I just finished Suikoden IV for PS2. I thought it was pretty good, compared to what I've heard other people say. Ever since I got a Backloggery, my eyes have opened up to the idea/notion of '100% completing' RPGs, so I might try my hand at speedrunning Suikoden I as a challenge... I've always wanted to run through the Suikoden series (1-5) and do everything you can so might as well start now.

Edit: I tried speedrunning Suikoden I and finished at 8:49. Not too shabby for my first time speedrunning any video game.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

VidKid369 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:52 am Hey, I just beat Tales of Destiny (PS) earlier today. I thought it was kinda meh but I just wanted to beat it so I can play the other Tales games I have. I pretty much rushed and mashed through the end lol.
I started ToD once or twice but quickly got so... uninterested... that I just couldn't push myself to play more than an hour or two into it. Which is odd because I've played through Tales of Phantasia like five times on multiple systems (SF, PS1, and PSP). I can't tell what rubbed me the wrong way from the beginning, just that I never got nearly as invested as with ToP.
~Kizyr (they|them)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Slowly chipping my way through Half-Life Alyx. I love VR games but I can also only play for about an hour before I just gotta take the headset off.
-Nobi

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

Kizyr wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:31 am I started ToD once or twice but quickly got so... uninterested... that I just couldn't push myself to play more than an hour or two into it. Which is odd because I've played through Tales of Phantasia like five times on multiple systems (SF, PS1, and PSP). I can't tell what rubbed me the wrong way from the beginning, just that I never got nearly as invested as with ToP.
It's all good. I was just like that whenever I got around to playing Tales of Destiny, too--I would just play for a little bit, maybe 1/3 into the game, and just quit for whatever reason. I always thought the game was fine with cool-looking characters and the swordians but it quickly turned into that RPG that sat in my collection that I could never beat. You're not missing out on too much it's a pretty short game, the battles are a bit grindy and the storyline has a bunch of fetch quests over-and-over. I say it can wait until you get around to it someday I only beat it cause I wanted to play Tales of Destiny II (Eternia) and I wanted to play in order.

Oh, I need to get a copy of Tales of Phantasia one day since I've always wanted to play that game! (And also the Star Ocean title that was for SNES that I believe later came out on another console. ^_^)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I remember buying Tales of Destiny in the months after playing SSSC in 1999. That was when I realized that I could actually go and get games rather than waiting for them to come to me (everything I'd played up to that point had been given to me or my housemate, except for SSSC itself which may have been the first videogame I bought). Housemate and I played it for three or four hours before we realized that that sparkly pool you could stand it was a save point. Then, as I leaned forward to put a mem card into the PSX, my heel hit the power cord and turned it off. It was literally a decade before I played it again, with my husband. We got probably two-thirds of the way through before putting it down for some reason and now we have pretty much no recollection of what happened and would have to start over again.

My own most recently played game was Zelda: Minish Cap in the past couple of days, on my 3DS. I remembered it having some frustrating aspects but very good music, writing, and graphics. Found all of these still to be the case in this replay. Got some extra appreciation for the writing because Ezlo, who you can talk to at any time to get a reminder of what you're supposed to be doing, actually has a lot of different dialogue, not just one or two lines that repeat. Other NPCs have dialogue updated more than the usual once or twice for Zelda games too, at least the ones in town.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Gotta take the time to mention Final Fantasy 7 Remake, and the DLC for Yuffie called Intermission.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

I just finished Suikoden II (PS) earlier this morning. I got all 108 Stars of Destiny and the good/best/perfect ending. It was a little bit of a chore getting through it this time since I've played this game numerous times. Ever since I've been keeping track of which games I've beaten, I had to go through it again. I don't know why I do this to myself, lol. I was planning on going through the Suikoden series which means Suikoden III next but I can't bring myself to play another Suikoden game right now. LOL.

For my next game. Deep down in my heart. I really want to play SMRPG or Lufia II. But, I really should focus on games I haven't beaten yet, I just want to make sure I've 100% completed those two. My next RPG is currently up in the air.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Beat Atelier Ryza 1 and i'm going to pick up 2 at some point (has like 10 games i'm behind on)

I'm currently playing Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists. Almost finished!
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Recently played a little of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I pretty much missed out on playing this game the first time around because my arm was broken. Unfortunately, I'm just as susceptible to motion sickness now as I was then, so I haven't gotten very far.