Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Sliver

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Sophia
Lostest Boy
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Sliver

Post by Sophia »

I've played HeartGold for several hours now...and while it's good, it's just not hooking me like past Pokemon games. Guess I've done one too many Pokemon journeys? Also I hate most of the updated G/S/C music. The rival's theme in particular makes me a sad panda.

Digimon Side Note: I adored the first Digimon World despite it being a glitchy mess at times, but I hate hate hate HATE the second one. It's on my "Worst Games EVER" list.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Well nuts. The updated music was one of the things I was most looking forward to.

I've had mine preordered for a while now, but it's not supposed to arrive until tomorrow. I need to stop preordering things online.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Okay, so I decided not to get some things and broke down and got both Soul Silver and Heart Gold. What can I say? I have to have both. This is Gold and Silver, after all. ^_^

Anyway, the new music = bleh. I heard that an item later in the game let's you change the music back to the original classic songs though.

Who did everyone start with? I started with Totodile in Heart Gold and plan to start with Chikorita in Soul Silver whenever I start it. I'm glad I did get both versions, not only because of version exclusives, but because I love Totodile and Chikorita equally. I would have never been able to choose from the two. @_@
Sophia wrote:Digimon Side Note: I adored the first Digimon World despite it being a glitchy mess at times, but I hate hate hate HATE the second one. It's on my "Worst Games EVER" list.
I don't understand why Digimon World 2 gets the hate it does. I loved it. Heck, it was my first Playstation game ever. Yes, the way Digimon World 2 plays is VERY different from Digimon World 3 and on, but Digimon World 2 was still fun. Digimon World 2 was very difficult, but I still loved it.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

I can't pick this up until Friday because of Spring Break and even then I don't think I'll be able to. I have to cross a boat to get to the island where everything is, but we're trying to avoid the 3 hr wait lines for the boat so we're taking a long way around to where we need to go which is only about 20 min off the island >>... so looks like next Monday.

I start with Cyndaquil.

I want my Mew event. I've never been able to attend an official giveaway for it so I really really am hoping we get this one.

As for Digimon World, I played the first one until I gave up trying to get Garurumon and instead hacked him in and then played until he passed away. I got pretty far in the game.

I get 2-4 mixed up... I think I was playing 3. I loved Digital Card Battle, sucks the cards didn't do well here.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

I started with a Cyndaquil...same as with Silver. I love him. My Gamestop held an event for pika-colored Pichu and another for Jirachi. I haven't seen anything for Mew though. I'm loving the game a ton so far and the pokewalker is pretty neat. I walk around a lot at work, so I get watts like crazy.

Sophia
Lostest Boy

Post by Sophia »

I started off with Chikorita. I was considering taking Cyndaquil since that's who I used waaaaaay back in the Gold/Silver days, but...Chikorita's so much cuter. And I was planning on using Growlithe or Houndour for my fire needs.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Silver was my favorite pokemon game when I was little, so I'll probably pick up Soul Sliver later. :D
Silver Phoenix wrote:Disney got the rights to Digimon, which ruined it. It's the same reason Power Rangers went to total crap. Saban never should have sold the rights to either of them.
Are you referring to season 5 Digimon?? It was a lot better than season 3 & 4 in my opinion. Probably because they got Jeff Nimoy back to direct, he was originally in charge of season 1 & 2 Digimon.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

I wasn't gonna, but people talking about it made me want to pick one up. I ended up getting both. I'm playing SoulSilver and my mom's playing HeartGold. =3 I picked Cyndaquil myself. I'm rather enjoying it. I still have the old silver somewhere, never really played it though, lol.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

whitedragon_nall wrote:I started with a Cyndaquil...same as with Silver. I love him. My Gamestop held an event for pika-colored Pichu and another for Jirachi. I haven't seen anything for Mew though. I'm loving the game a ton so far and the pokewalker is pretty neat. I walk around a lot at work, so I get watts like crazy.
Yeah, I got both of those, but Japan has also had Mew recently, so I'm very much hoping that they release him here. I want an official one so bad, even if I love the shiny even more. <3

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Well, I finally started a game with Chikorita. As I recall, when I played Gold originally, I had Totodile. Fun times! I've also decided to make the game more fun for myself by giving almost everyone weird names. The rival is Grampa.

And actually I've really enjoyed the music so far.

Anywho, I'll post my friend code when I get a chance.

Hirox
Student of Vane

Post by Hirox »

I picked up Heart Gold, the gf got Soul Silver.

I started with Cyndaquil, and traded over 4 eggs at the begining of the game, a squirtle, trapinch, sneasel (which I evolved into Weavile), and a phanphy.

So far I am loving the remake.