Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Sliver

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
TerraBemani
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Sliver

Post by TerraBemani »

Anyone else here getting these games? Just checking in to see if other people here wanted to trade/battle as well.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Sliver

Post by ShindoW »

I'm getting Gold and my gf is getting Silver. We're going to Anime Matsuri that weekend IIRC so we should have access to wifi then. =D

Dragon Master Lunar81
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Dragon Master Lunar81 »

I was thinking of getting them just to relive my youth. I think I will get it now because I know people are willing to trade. I am going to get Soul Silver.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Last game I got was Pearl. I'm about done with Pokemon though, the only way to truely *beat* the game is to own every single game ever released, or know someone who has each game and doesn't care about getting rid of their rare pokemon. Even then, it still isn't complete unless you travel around the world (in real life) and manage to make it to special events that will unlock areas/pokemon/items. Even then, some of those events only happened once or are for a limited time, forever missing out on the opportunity to unlock the 'full' game.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

I will be picking up Soul Silver. Probably gonna start up a walking routine everyday to put my Pokewalker to good use too. I'm up for some trading as well.

Anybody here mess with the EV points? I've never quite understood what they were.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

I haven't played a Pokemon game, since red or blue or one of those ones, i cant remember I'm more of a Digimon girl . I've never beat one or took the game very seriously. Lately I've been sort of wanting to play one, my friend is getting Silver, maybe I'll borow it from her when she gets bored with it.

Charmander FTW

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Oh yeah, I forgot about the pokepedometer. I remember when Pikachu had one and it would link up with the Game Boy Color and give you special gifts in Silver and Gold via Mystery Gift. I bet I would log some serious miles on it. I had over 2000 miles on my old pedometer just from work alone.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

phyco, you'll enjoy the PokeWalker probably. Same thing as the Pikachu Vpet pretty much.

Kaiya, nice to see another Digimon fan. I have always loved that series of anime over Pokemon, but Pokemon games FTW. Especially since Savers/Data Squad was kinda... crap. Let's hope the new TBA season of Digimon might redeem itself. Although I really liked Digimon World Dusk. I hope Lost Evolution keeps that style of gameplay.

Gold being my all time favorite game... this will be the last Pokemon game I probably buy. I had a good file on Diamond before it just stopped loading one day, so I dont put forth the effort, especially since my favorite Pokemon is Mew whom Ive never owned officially, much less a shiny one. Thank God for Action Replays. Oh, and screw getting every Pokemon... the little bit of story that there is and getting your favorite team together is what I play for.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

ShindoW wrote: Kaiya, nice to see another Digimon fan. I have always loved that series of anime over Pokemon, but Pokemon games FTW. Especially since Savers/Data Squad was kinda... crap. Let's hope the new TBA season of Digimon might redeem itself. Although I really liked Digimon World Dusk. I hope Lost Evolution keeps that style of gameplay.
Yay another fan. I love Digimon world, it was alot of funny (i bought it off of ebay a little while ago after loosing my copy) all the other games where horrible, i sort of liked one other one i cant remember which. I'm also hoping the new one will be good, it would be nice to have another Digimon game.

Sorry for going off topic... so again Charmander FTW
I'm also slightly interested in this PokeWalker, even though i wont be getting one. My dad ever called me out when he saw it on a commercial to tell me about it, which was a little strange

TerraBemani
Student of Vane

Post by TerraBemani »

Yeah I got all 493 really early in 2007 because of a friend in japan and that Elite 4 glitch before it was patched. So I can help anyone get just about any pokemon you need. Or at least get credit in the pokedex for. I have a extra Darkrai untouched from the toysrus event as well. And I have a wifi router at home so I can be available quite often for that.

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

Hell yes I'm getting it. I was really into competitive battling with my buddies, and reigned supreme! I was into the IV breeding and EV training, carefully choosing my natures and movesets and all that jazz. I'm excited for it. :) But, I have other games to get through before concerning myself with these.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I plan to get Silver. I was originally going to get both, but I don't have the money right now. :\

I would battle and trade and all that good stuff, but I don't really have access to WIFI. >_<

Oh, and Digimon is amazing! I love the anime and games! I still love the games about as much as I love the Pokemon games!

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I'm a Digimon fan as well, with my favorite season being Season 3 Digimon Tamers. It's also the only season I own. The original animators left after Season 4 (Digimon Frontier), so that's why Season 5 Digimon Data Squad (Savers) has different animation.

I haven't played the games except for some fighting game, and Digimon World Dusk and Dawn are supposed to the best games. I haven't heard about a new season but I hope it's good. Season 3 has the best script and it's very adult themed.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Yeah, they wanted Savers to be "more modern anime style" and then ripped off the Pokeballs. Lame. I couldnt get through the dub box set of Savers... I just dont like the art or the storyline... I bought it in hopes Toei would get off their butts and give us official english releases of Digimon 1-3, but they just gave us subtitled low quality hand me downs of season 2 for download at $2 a peice. Also lame.

I love seasons 1-4, in this order: 1, 4, 2, 3 but all are very awesome and interesting in their own way. I grew up on the dubs but I saw the subs as well and love them both.

Anyway! I can't wait for HeartGold! BEST POKEGAME EVAR. lol

Also, the PokeWalker should be bundled with the game right? (it was preorder only in Japan, but we;re getting a figure IIRC instead)

lost_f0n_drive
Lostest Boy

Post by lost_f0n_drive »

Yes, I'll be getting it. I already have Heartgold pre-ordered at my local Gamerdoc.

I'll also be putting the Pokewalker to good use. :)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Disney got the rights to Digimon, which ruined it. It's the same reason Power Rangers went to total crap. Saban never should have sold the rights to either of them.

TerraBemani
Student of Vane

Post by TerraBemani »

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon wrote:Hell yes I'm getting it. I was really into competitive battling with my buddies, and reigned supreme! I was into the IV breeding and EV training, carefully choosing my natures and movesets and all that jazz. I'm excited for it. :) But, I have other games to get through before concerning myself with these.
Reigned supreme huh? Let's see you get on wifi asap and back that up. And I'm dead serious about that. I've been around this game for 12 years in the usa. And a ex official pokemon tcg gym leader with the yellow shirt in 2000.

Note I have nothing against you at all. I'm just extremely competitive like you are.

TerraBemani
Student of Vane

Post by TerraBemani »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Disney got the rights to Digimon, which ruined it. It's the same reason Power Rangers went to total crap. Saban never should have sold the rights to either of them.
Oh God don't get me started on the disney power ranger dvd releases each year too.

Dragon Master Lunar81
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Dragon Master Lunar81 »

Did anyone else noticed the thread title? Pokemon Soul Sliver? Lol.

I am not quite sure what kind of gimmick Gamestop is pushing but is it the same as over here? (Gamestop being known here as EB Games Canada) If you trade 3 DS Games, you can get one of the Pokemon games for free. What is the gimmick?

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Only deal Im aware of is trading in certain games gets you 50% more trade in credit.

Yeah, I admit, I loved Frontier/Season 4.. that was an awesome season even if Disney had it... but since then its gone to @%@.