What's the last RPG you've completed?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

I actually just got finished playing through SSSC and EBC again in my Lunar: Dragon Song countdown. I sort of finished before I wanted to since I still have a little under a month left until the release date. Maybe I should buy TSS or the original EB or play through Legend again or something.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Dragon Force, for the Saturn. Just replayed it yesterday since I didn't want to start up anything in my backlog; once Genesis arrives, I wouldn't be able to get back to it.

Played through as Wein this time. Maybe it's from all those Civ games, but the battles were so much easier than I remember them... It's like the opponent never strategizes properly, but just always falls into my traps. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

The last I finished was Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. It took almost 100 hours over the course of about six months.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Well I just finished Riviera: The Promised Land now, so make that my last RPG completed. XD
- Mike

Blue Star Princess
Meryod Yokel

Post by Blue Star Princess »

The last rpg, I've completed was Chrono Cross. ^_^

That's a good game. ^^
"Hanging Silently in space, the world in the shadow of the Blue Star was once a lonely and barren place unfit for habitaion. However Althene took pity on that world and transfromed it into a place of beauty and wonder. she called the new world Lunar."

love a riddle
Lostest Boy

Post by love a riddle »

Hmm... I'm currently replaying through Xenogears, but the last one I beat...? I think the last replay I did was Chrono Cross, but I also beat Eternal Mana: Atelier Iris also. I'm not sure which one I did in first.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Dragon Warrior 7 was my most recent new project.

Then debates on these boards forced me to go through Lunar 2 again so I could argue my points more effectively.

Funny how that works. :P
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

Super Mario: RPG.

What an incredible gaming experience. Too bad it was so short though.
They said that on Saturday evening Arsenius used to turn his back to the setting sun and stretch out his hands towards heaven and pray until, at dawn on Sunday, the rising sun lit up his face, and then he sat down again.

HuBBsDoctor
Reza Thief

Post by HuBBsDoctor »

ff2 on my gba.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, assuming that counts. Replaying through Lunar: Legend when time permits.

artzi
Red Dragon Priest

Post by artzi »

Final Fantasy VI psx. Currently i'm playing megaman x command mission.

Mormon88
Reza Thief

Post by Mormon88 »

hm... probably Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Texcap
Meribian Merchant

Re: What's the last RPG you've completed?

Post by Texcap »

localflick wrote:...what was the last RPG you went through, and how long did it take?

While it doesn't categorize neatly as an RPG (more a Strategy, romance title with several RPG conventions), I recently finished SAKURA TAISEN 4 on the Dreamcast, which I really enjoyed -- as I had the [3] previous installments.

That one was on the short side though at approx. 7 1/2 hours. The others were well over 20, not including mini-games, etc. Still, well worth it.

Recently started LUNAR: SILVER STAR STORY (wa-hoo!) and SUIKODEN IV, so I'll be devoting some time to these over the next several weeks.

Fortiter -- Per Mare Per Terras!

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

i recently finished Lunar 2 EB SCD for like the one billionth time. At the moment I am switching between Advance Wars DS, and Sigma Star saga, and some time here and there for Lunar Genesis. Mostly just waiting for Lunar DS next week

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

I just finished Baten Kaitos. It took about 50 hours. The game was better than I expected. It had a slow start but finished well.

Texcap
Meribian Merchant

Post by Texcap »

Mormon88 wrote:hm... probably Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Curiously, what do you think of FE: THE SACRED STONES?

I'm playing this as well (though I did take a break to focus on a few other games that I had wanted to get to) and am having a blast with it -- though admittedly I've had a couple of moments there where, if I could've jumped into the game, I'd have violently ripped limbs from a few of the bad guys for all the trouble they caused me, at times, in keeping a partiuclar character alive.

For those that may not know, when a character dies -- they die, that's it. You can restart the game, but it often means re-starting an entire battle and sometimes they ain't short.

Good stuff though!

Fortiter -- Per Mare Per Terras!

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Well, Final Fantasy Tactics is like that too. When the number over your head hits 0, that's it.

Then again, there's always the reset button.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Mormon88
Reza Thief

Post by Mormon88 »

Angelalex242 wrote:Well, Final Fantasy Tactics is like that too. When the number over your head hits 0, that's it.

Then again, there's always the reset button.

uh... not really, that only happens if you're in a jagd city with no laws(im assuming you're talking about the advance one? well whatever)

Curiously, what do you think of FE: THE SACRED STONES?

I'm playing this as well (though I did take a break to focus on a few other games that I had wanted to get to) and am having a blast with it -- though admittedly I've had a couple of moments there where, if I could've jumped into the game, I'd have violently ripped limbs from a few of the bad guys for all the trouble they caused me, at times, in keeping a partiuclar character alive.

For those that may not know, when a character dies -- they die, that's it. You can restart the game, but it often means re-starting an entire battle and sometimes they ain't short.

Good stuff though!

eh yea im a bit of a fire emblem fanatic haha. and yea i know what you mean, sometimes when i lose someone i get so annoyed i won't pick up the game until two days later... but i still love it to pieces. Fire Emblem 7 was better though.

LUNARverse
Pao Hunter

Post by LUNARverse »

last thing I beat was Musashi Samurai Legend and that hardly a true RPG. Last true RPG i finished was Shadow Hearts Covenant.

AlasdairPalemoon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AlasdairPalemoon »

Hm, if action/adventure falls into the category, then Windwaker. If just RPG, it would be Suikoden IV, I believe...which I need to play through again to get all the characters before Rhapsodia comes out in November.