What is the best place to buy games on-line?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Erasculio
Reza Thief
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

What is the best place to buy games on-line?

Post by Erasculio »

Well, suppose you cannot just walk to a game store and buy something there, ever. Also assume that, to buy any game, you must do so through Internet. And let's say a game you really want has just been released (*coughLunarDScough*).

How would you buy it?

I have found a good store that sells PC games on-line, and that's where I get everything I need. But, even if I can buy a DS around here, I don't have anywhere to buy the DS games from. Considering how I live out of the USA, Amazon and common stuff like that doesn't work, as they won't sell this kind of thing to international customers. I may try E-Bay, but I'm not very fond of it, considering you are usually buying used stuff, not the new thing.

So, do any of you have any idea of where I could find that kind of thing?

Erasculio

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Well, maybe you could try to go directly to the video game company's website and buy it directly from them. I think most video game companies have a store on their online site or at least on a sister site and you could possibly obtain your games that way.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I recommend half.com

Cheap+wide selection=yay
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I seem to recall that EB ships internationally...yep.
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/help/shippin ... tional.asp

Where do you live, by the way?

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Amazon does have international branches (Canada, UK, France, Germany...) Does your country have a local version of Amazon?

National Console Support (http://www.ncsx.com/) will ship abroad. I've bought a few things from them in the past, usually import stuff, but they'll ship domestic to international customers.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

Erasculio
Reza Thief

Nice, many options

Post by Erasculio »

Thanks everyone for the replies!

Angelalex242 wrote:I recommend half.com

Actually, Half.com is just an organized version of E-Bay. While it's useful, I would rather buy from a more reliable source than the random people we see selling items there.

Alunissage wrote:I seem to recall that EB ships internationally...yep.
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/help/shippin ... tional.asp

Where do you live, by the way?

Nice, but there's a problem with the way they handle International Credit Cards - they require the Bank Service to open itself in order to allow for Validation, and that's not something easy to get around here. I may give it a try, though, thanks!

(I live in Brazil, South America. All video-games sell very well here, but the problem is that there is a long delay between something being released in the USA, and then being released here - we have a lot less publishers, so those few are always overcrowded with work.)

Rune wrote:Amazon does have international branches (Canada, UK, France, Germany...) Does your country have a local version of Amazon?

Very unfortunately, no :cry: .

National Console Support (http://www.ncsx.com/) will ship abroad. I've bought a few things from them in the past, usually import stuff, but they'll ship domestic to international customers.

Nice, this one looks like it's very good, thanks : ). I don't see anything in the main site about what kinds of payment they accept, but I guess I'll learn that soon enough.

Erasculio

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Brazil? That's a country I've heard all too much about lately...my boss is currently there and I had to do a lot of coordination for that trip. (Not that I bear the country any grudge, of course; I just wish all his trips weren't so complicated.) Where are you located?

Erasculio
Reza Thief

Unless it's politics, which is another matter entirely...

Post by Erasculio »

Alunissage wrote:Brazil? That's a country I've heard all too much about lately...my boss is currently there and I had to do a lot of coordination for that trip. (Not that I bear the country any grudge, of course; I just wish all his trips weren't so complicated.) Where are you located?

Heh, that's a funny coincidence. I'm in São Paulo, which is likely where your boss is if he came to do any kind of job behind a desk. Unless he's sightseeing (and then he would be anywhere but here), or at the real factories/industries/mining spots/things like that, in which case I think he would be a bit to the north.

Erasculio

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, he's sightseeing at the moment, but he did spend a day in São Paulo when he arrived. After this personal trip (Iguacu Falls) he'll be staying in Rio for a couple of days before attending a conference in Caxambu, which is the business portion of the trip. This conference is so strenuous that there's a party written into the program each night. :o

LUNARverse
Pao Hunter

Post by LUNARverse »

I don't care to deal with ebay too much, but Amazon has a lot of places you can deal with that make for easy transactions. Actually if you buy through ToysRus on Amazon, they always have hard to find titles that are new or in demand in stock.

Erasculio
Reza Thief

Ha ha

Post by Erasculio »

Alunissage wrote: After this personal trip (Iguacu Falls) he'll be staying in Rio for a couple of days before attending a conference in Caxambu, which is the business portion of the trip.

Heh, he's likely going to do sightseeing as much in Rio as in Iguaçu Falls (an odd place to travel too, it's not our most famous tourist place). It's a beautiful city.

This conference is so strenuous that there's a party written into the program each night. :o

Not to enforce an stereotype, but that's how most of our conferences go :P . People here can make a party for the weakest excuses, sometimes.

Erasculio

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Not to enforce an stereotype, but that's how most of our conferences go Razz . People here can make a party for the weakest excuses, sometimes.

Such as everytime the national team wins a soccer/futbol game? :P And that's quite often.
-G1

lunarRPG88
Meribian Merchant

Post by lunarRPG88 »

Angelalex242 wrote:I recommend half.com

Cheap+wide selection=yay
yes i agree with angelalex242 half.com the best place to buy games cuz of the good prices