Guild Wars

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Guild Wars

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Are there any Guild Wars players here? I don't play very often, my fiance is the real GWs player, but I think I'd be prone to play if I was playing with friends.

If anyone is interested in adding me to their GWs friends/buddy list I have a few characters:

- Flora Windsong
- Rathher Dashing
- Uwant Fryeswitthat
- Mahou Tenou Ghaleon

I don't think "Tenou" is correct for the Ghaleon name, but every other name for Ghaleon was taken... I'm lucky I got that one ;_;

If you play GWs feel free to whisper me and we can meet up and complete some quests ^^

Anyhow, if you do play what do like and/or dislike about GWs? If you don't play it because you don't like it, what do you not like? I hear a lot of people prefer World of Warcraft (WoW) over GWs. I haven't played WoW so I can' t really compare, but as far as online games go I think GWs is still fun. It's a one time fee (basically the purchase of the game - you can either buy an account online which is the same as the game and start playing immediately or you can buy it at your local game store), and you can play as much as you want. There aren't any monthly fees and that's a big reason why I play it. I'd really love to play a couple of other online games such as The Sims, but even for a low monthly fee it's just not something I could keep up with right now.

Anyhow, even though it's a small part of GWs, I really love the commands, such a /dance and /excited, they're just so silly. The environments are beautiful in my opinion, some are just amazing! The creatures you fight are awesome, and the gameplay as a whole is challenging yet isn't too hard either. I like that it has an RPG mode and a separate PvsP mode. The PvsP is for Guilds to battle, thus the name Guild Wars. I'm not a very "tactical" person for lack of a better word so I stick mainly to the RPG mode. The storyline isn't the greatest, but the quests are still fun and are really fun when you're teamed up with friends or other human players. The henchmen that you can take along instead are rather boring.

So, what are your thoughts?

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

Kale Katsura, Pyromancer ;)
"I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but...What kind of Cheesy poof is that!?"
~Ruby, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue after meeting Mystere

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hi everyone,

I just got back into playing GWs after acquiring the Nightfall expansion, anyone here play often? I don't play everyday, but when I do I play for a few hours at least. I'm planning on playing for a while tonight at some point.

To add me as a friend, names "Flora Windsong". Just whisper me and tell me you read this on LNet ^^ I'll add you to my friends list and hopefully we can play.

Take care now! ^^b