Tales of symphonia

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
lioyd
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Tales of symphonia

Post by lioyd »

If you havent played tales of symphonia yet then you should buy it right now no kidding this game is really perfect once you try it you will never stop playing it believe me I couldnt eat or sleep I jusy kept playing for more than 10 hours in the day.
you should visit my website:
http://www.monady.net/sagesofsymphonia/

Post by Guest »

If you havent played tales of symphonia yet then you should buy it right now no kidding this game is really perfect once you try it you will never stop playing it believe me I couldnt eat or sleep I jusy kept playing for more than 10 hours in the day.

Same here I haven't even started playing Lunar Dragon Song yet cause i've just been playing Castlevania TS (I had to stop cause my arm started to cramp up)it's the bomb though you should eat and sleep once in awile

oh also what level where you when you finished Castlevania?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm tempted to pick it up, but it's between this and Skies of Arcadia Legends. I already played Skies on the DC, but my copy of it has been lost, and I know there's extra's. I loved that game though, so it's a toss up. I'll eventually probably get both, but if anyone has any opinions one way or another, I'm interested in hearing it.
-G1

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jyd3n »

I must agree, Tales of Symphonia is very awesome. I had to have it pryed (sp) out of my hands by my brother since the GC is in his room and he needed to sleep. Unfortunately, I am unable to finish it as I am at college without it.

The only thing I don't care for about the game is some of the voice acting. Some characters are really annoying.

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

Right now i'm working on Tales of Fantasia for the SNES, its pretty fun when everyones maxed out ^.^:;;
"I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but...What kind of Cheesy poof is that!?"
~Ruby, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue after meeting Mystere

Parn
Reza Thief

Post by Parn »

Get Tales of Symphonia, G1. It gets my highest recommendation. Nintendo did an incredible localization job with the game, and the game is just a lot of fun, period. Pretty good old-school feel with the soundtrack, and the gameplay takes a hint from old-school as well with a bit (but not too much) of level up battles required. The dungeons are also not overly convoluted with visible enemies.

A few minor nitpicks, but overall it's one of my favorite RPGs. Outstanding combat system, much more refined than Star Ocean 3's.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I haven't played Tales of Symphonia, G1, but I'd recommend Skies of Arcadia Legends. The extras are decent, mainly a couple of side-plots, more discoveries and ship battles and boss battles, and a bounty hunting system, but it had been long enough since I played that it seemed new anyhow.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Parn
Reza Thief

Post by Parn »

But given the choice between a great game he's already played with a few new features and a great game he's never played with an all-new experience, I'd say Tales of Symphonia is the better choice.

For the record, Skies of Arcadia Legends is a mixture of new features and evidence of a rushed port. The decreased load times, lack of slowdown and extra content is wonderful, but the audio has taken a nice downgrade, and there are new (minor) graphical glitches that weren't present in the Dreamcast release. The pros outweigh the cons, but I wish Sega would have taken a little more... interest in releasing a higher quality product, though that seems to be a problem with Sega in general as of late, sadly.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

But given the choice between a great game he's already played with a few new features and a great game he's never played with an all-new experience, I'd say Tales of Symphonia is the better choice.

Yeah, for that reason, I'm going to pick up Symphonia first. I'm not sure when though, but the big question is, how's the story? And honestly, I know nothing about the Tales series. Are the stories connected between games? I hate jumping into a series halfway into a storyline.
-G1

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Tales of Symphonia is a wonderful game. One of the best blends of old-school design with new-school technology! Cheesy? Definately. Loveable? Definately! XD
-Nobi

Parn
Reza Thief

Post by Parn »

GhaleonOne wrote:Yeah, for that reason, I'm going to pick up Symphonia first. I'm not sure when though, but the big question is, how's the story? And honestly, I know nothing about the Tales series. Are the stories connected between games? I hate jumping into a series halfway into a storyline.

Tales of Symphonia is actually a prequel to Tales of Phantasia, which pretty much has never seen a US release yet, though as of today, there's been an announcement that the Gameboy Advance version is going to finally see the light of day on our shores. Alternatively, there's a ROM with a translated version of the game by some fans for the SNES version, but Tales of Phantasia is pretty overrated in my opinion. It has a great storyline, awesome cast of characters, great music and some of the best 16-bit graphics around, but the gameplay suffers. The controls are extremely clunky and unresponsive, which is unacceptable when other games like Secret of Mana and Street Fighter 2 controlled just fine. Enemies can block on a whim while you cannot, and aerial enemies can be a nuisance since there is no dedicated jump ability... only a leaping attack that must be performed at a specific distance.

Though you're interested in Symphonia itself however, and the story is pretty decent. It's pretty heavy on the foreshadowing... almost to a fault. You can see most plot events two minutes before they happen, heh. There are a handful that will catch you off guard though, if only because the rest are a little too obvious and you become used to the game letting you in on them. The character interaction is absolutely fantastic, and the localization job is outstanding, so you'll enjoy the game, I'm sure. It lacks the more complex NPC conversations that GameArts games are known for, but to make up for it, the game has optional "skits" that pop up at random times where the characters talk to each other, many of them pretty hilarious.

Edit: For the record... Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Phantasia are the only two games of the series that I've ever had any interest in, and the latter wasn't all that great to me. So I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Really now? I found Tales of Phantasia to be 100% in all categories. It's second next to the Lunar series for me. The controls, likewise, were fluid and made battling really fun; I apparently didn't have any of the problems you did executing the jump attack.

I've played the Super Famicom and PSX versions both; haven't gotten the GBA one though. The PSX one I've only played using a PS emulator; the SF one both via ROM and on the original system itself. Both cases, the controls were solid and responsive. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

I believe the GBA version of Tales of Phantasia has recently been confirmend to be coming to Europe and North America next year. I know someone on GameFaqs had the IGN link to it so....you guys could look for it if the news isn't posted clearly on the Game Boy section yet.

Edit: It's confirmed in the DS section. It looks like Nintendo may be publishing it.

lioyd
BANNED

Post by lioyd »

I dont think that namco is going to make tales of symphonia 2 so tales of symphonia will become just some remain ashes :cry: .

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Actually, I really didn't take to Tales of Symphonia like I thought I would. I found the story so horribly cliche, a lot of the characters just plain annoying, and the lack of cinematics boring. (I thought they would be more frequent like Lunar, or maybe Lunar just has me spoiled in the cinematics department. XD) The only good thing I found about this game was Zelos. And they only reason I continued to play it was to make him Lloyd's soulmate and turn the game into a complete Zelos/Lloyd yaoi fest. XD

It's not a bad, but I didn't really enjoy it that much. :( I kinda consider it a kiddie RPG.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

lioyd
BANNED

Post by lioyd »

Actually, I really didn't take to Tales of Symphonia like I thought I would. I found the story so horribly cliche, a lot of the characters just plain annoying, and the lack of cinematics boring. (I thought they would be more frequent like Lunar, or maybe Lunar just has me spoiled in the cinematics department. XD) The only good thing I found about this game was Zelos. And they only reason I continued to play it was to make him Lloyd's soulmate and turn the game into a complete Zelos/Lloyd yaoi fest. XD

It's not a bad, but I didn't really enjoy it that much. I kinda consider it a kiddie RPG.

.....b...but....but why?!!!! this is a game that I will never forget
(tales of symphonia you will always live in my heart:cry::cry::cry:)