What are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Alunissage »

From your first sentence I thought you were requesting information, but then your second sounds like (again) you didn't think we'd know something which is easy for people who have the product to find out, as if we'd have no concept of exchange rate and are incapable of looking on the box, where it's clearly printed (5,800 yen, for anyone else here who's curious and lacks the software). I really wish you'd stop assuming you know more about these things than other people here. You're not the only Lunar collector, you're not even the most knowledgeable one here (I would consider Shiva Indis that, not me, just so we're clear that I'm not claiming to be). Frankly, I found that last post of yours rather insulting.

G1, that's interesting that it was hard to find even then. Still, I would expect Vic to get one through GA, bypassing the usual market.

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

Sorry if you took it that way, Alunissage. I was simply asking for information. I had no intention of belittling anyone from my two earlier posts, nor am I acting as if I know more than people who have been collecting LUNAR merchandise longer than I.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, I'm gonna ask everyone to start giving each other the benefit of the doubt when it comes to comments, and interpreting them. Nobody is meaning to be offensive or belittling here, so I'd rather not have disputes flare up because of a simple misunderstanding.

That being said... asking Vic if he's heard about All the Lunar is like asking me if I've heard about the Lunar novels.

Anyway, I might start requesting some of the harder-to-find merchandise (All the Lunar included) on the Lunarhope boards soon enough. Though, that'll be after I take care of some other upcoming purchases. There's still a fair amount of folks wanting to get rid of their copy. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

AlasdairPalemoon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AlasdairPalemoon »

I'm playing Tales of Symphonia right now. I really want to play Kingdom Hearts 2 and especially Suikoden V, but I have this backlog of games I've collected over the last year and a half or so and I swore to myself not to buy (unless it's a really good deal I can't pass up 0:)) anymore until I play through what I already have.

I'm actually proud of myself for holding out this long.

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

That's good to hear! I just finished Disgaea last night, so now I'm working on Legaia 2: Duel Saga and some other games I didn't finish.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I really want to play Kingdom Hearts 2 and especially Suikoden V, but I have this backlog of games I've collected over the last year and a half or so and I swore to myself not to buy (unless it's a really good deal I can't pass up 0Smile) anymore until I play through what I already have.

Dude, you should break your rule for Suikoden V. It's really that good. ^_^
-G1

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

Speaking of Suikoden V, I just beat it 5 minutes ago.

The BEST RPG on the PS2, in my opinion. Now I need to hurry and beat Tales of Legendia as well as Dragon Quest VIII...I put both of them on hiatus for SV. >_>

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

Just finished Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and still working on Legaia 2 and Chi No Rondo!

I can't wait until Disgaea 2 comes out!

:D

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I forgot to post when I finally finished FF1 last week -- the first numbered FF I've ever completed. Amazing how being level 99 can shorten a final boss fight. I started FF2 about ten minutes later and have enjoyed it well enough (for the hour I've played); I'm curious to see how the non-experience/level system plays out. What I heard long ago about the cheat of attacking your own party members to power them up finally makes sense.

One thing I haven't liked much is that the mode of discouraging you from going where you're not supposed to be yet is to simply make the battles there against much stronger enemies. This wouldn't bother me so much if it were possible to run from the battles, but the enemies were also faster, meaning I got a Game Over several times in the course of just figuring out where I was supposed to go next. Pretty brutal when you don't know ahead of time that that's a possibility so you haven't saved in a while.

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

GhaleonOne wrote:Dude, you should break your rule for Suikoden V. It's really that good. ^_^

I hope you're right. I just started it, and so far it's fairly enjoyable. The graphics on it though- really, really nice. There's something very crisp about them that I like.

Anyway, I just finished Suikoden, which in my opinion was fantastic. Seriously, near the end, I loved just walking around my castle.

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

Agawa wrote:
GhaleonOne wrote:Dude, you should break your rule for Suikoden V. It's really that good. ^_^

I hope you're right. I just started it, and so far it's fairly enjoyable. The graphics on it though- really, really nice. There's something very crisp about them that I like.

Anyway, I just finished Suikoden, which in my opinion was fantastic. Seriously, near the end, I loved just walking around my castle.

Suikoden V has a slow start (or so everyone says, but I liked the begining), but it really picks up later on, don't worry.

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

I just finished playing Shadows of Rome. It is a pretty good game. Gladitorial Battles rule.
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Suikoden V has a slow start (or so everyone says, but I liked the begining), but it really picks up later on, don't worry.

I really liked the beginning (or at least, during the Sacred Games and such). Seemed like they pushed the story more than gameplay for the first 2-3 hours. I like that personally, because it draws me in much better. If I have to wait 8 hours for a story to pick up, sometimes I never make it.
-G1

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

Currently playing Yoshi's Island, Phantasy Star, Legaia 2, and Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour.

lucia24
Student of Vane

Post by lucia24 »

im playing tales of legendia :D

"Even if a day should go by when I don't say I love you,
May never a moment go by without you knowing I do."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I'm playing Rome: Total War, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and a spattering of other games.

SSBM is pretty self explanatory, but Total War... oh gosh. I really like it. The family element is fascinating (and something I could become better at), but the battles... mm. I really like the command element, being able to shift troops around. Maybe it's because most of the barbarian hordes can't stand against the might of Rome... but then again, I had quite a time trying to counter Elephant riders (Why are my horsemen flying everywhere? Wait...).

That and I got a mission to take over Carthago Nova. I misunderstood, and took Carthage before I was supposed to. >_< Which is cool, except that every few turns I have to fight those darned elephants.

... I just wish I could raze it to the ground and render it infertile.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Dunkleheit
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dunkleheit »

I'm playing Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Phantasia.

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

I just finished Phantasy Star! Wonder what I should play next?
I can't wait until all four are re-released here!

:D

Dunkleheit
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dunkleheit »

Have you played any of the games in the Tales series?

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Just finished Langrisser IV (I've beaten it before, but the game has multiple story branches). I've also lately been playing through an old but fun PC space-flight sim, Wing Commander: Privateer and its expansion Righteous Fire