What are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Rune Lai »

I think Gauntlet is a fine translation. It's more commonly known and it's located in roughly the same position on the body. I don't remember them mentioning it in the original. It's just now his name doesn't match anymore. ^^;
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Rune Lai wrote:I think Gauntlet is a fine translation. It's more commonly known and it's located in roughly the same position on the body. I don't remember them mentioning it in the original. It's just now his name doesn't match anymore. ^^;

Yeah... Then again, I suppose they had the legacy of the original game to worry about. If they did rename him, they probably would have to deal with the legions of fanboys/girls complaining that "They changed Jack's name!" whether or not they changed "Van Burace" to "Vambrace" or "Gauntlet."

That said, they did change Beselk's (one of the Metal Demons) name to "Berserk," so who knows?
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

punkabof1
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by punkabof1 »

Mario n Luigi partners in time!! This game is so addictive I cant put it down but on the other hand i still didn't finish lunar because well you guessed it, its boring me to death.

Oathkeeper
Burg Farmer

Post by Oathkeeper »

Currently playing Dragon Quest VIII (having a blast), Mario Kart DS (same), Sonic Rush (more or less), and if I ever get around to it again...Lunar: Dragon Song.

otakujohn
Meribian Merchant

Post by otakujohn »

A friend of mine has dragged me into the hell known as World of Warcraft. I'm trying to escape but I don't think it's working. o_o

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I'm playing Xenosaga Episode II, some Civ IV and Age of Empires III, and A Bard's Tale.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Mario Kart DS and SSX On Tour for the GameCube. I'm still replaying Zelda: OoT, but I just haven't gotten back to it after the holiday rush.
-G1

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

Playing? Wow, I'm not playing anything lately. The only thing I've been using the TV for is watching Smallville. *lame*

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

I've recently started on Final Fantasy IV Advance and Riviera.

punkabof1
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by punkabof1 »

Speaking of Final Fantasy 4, (I'm to lazy to look) but what are the most dramatic changes in the port?

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

Hmm...I never got all the way through IV. Pretty far in, but then my memory card got erased (with over SEVENTY HOURS of Xenogears on it, and about 35 of FFVI) and the CD got lost. I should re-play it. I've gone through VI about 20 times now since the first time I played. :D

Unless we're talking about a different IV.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

punkabof1 wrote:Speaking of Final Fantasy 4, (I'm to lazy to look) but what are the most dramatic changes in the port?

I'm not far enough to have seen any of them, but apparently there are some new optional dungeons, and you can now switch in different party members for the final dungeon.

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

Currently, I am playing Dragon Quest XVIII (8)

Its pretty cool. LONG. But cool.
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Dragonlord911 wrote:Currently, I am playing Dragon Quest XVIII (8)

You're playing Dragon Quest 18? Hadn't realized that was out yet.

Ramza Izlude
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Ramza Izlude »

haha. I think he means Dragon Quest 8.

I'm playing Lunar 2: EBC. And, Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance. Just completed Aria of Sorrow.
My love steals my light and darkens my eyes.

~G.W.~

Anordin
Pao Hunter

Post by Anordin »

I've paused all RPG's for my space sims, yet again... Just finished Freespace 1&2. Going to go through the Wing Commander 1, 2, and 3 because WC: Standoff (a fan based mod) keeps showing me nice explosions... of my ship. And somewhere between is X-Wing Alliance.

Just out of curiosity, how many people actually own a joystick for their PC?
Heaven does not speak. It simply showed its will by his personal conduct and his conduct of affairs.
-Mencius, Bk V, Chap V, Legge Translation

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

Playing DQ 8....but haven't touched it in weeks because my need for a constant FF XI fix is in full swing.

Grandia 3 will be coming my way in a couple weeks...but it will probably just sit on my shelf til I get through DQ 8 and need a massive FF XI break.
Free your mind and let your dreams fly, -me

red9_merchant
Student of Vane

Post by red9_merchant »

Okay, get ready for this. (Can't help but wonder how I can possibly have so much time to play all of these....)

Phantasy Star Generation: 1, Phantasy Star Generation: 2, Fable (2nd time), Resident Evil 4 (5th time), Phantasy Star Online, Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Resident Evil, Resident Evil Zero, Legend of Dragoon, Return to Zork, Ultima VII: The Black Gate, Riven: The Sequel to Myst...

I spared you all the horrible, long list of games I am currently working on, and gave you a list, in order, of the ones I've worked on in the past week and a half.

Ramza Izlude
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Ramza Izlude »

red9_merchant wrote:Okay, get ready for this. (Can't help but wonder how I can possibly have so much time to play all of these....)

Phantasy Star Generation: 1, Phantasy Star Generation: 2, Fable (2nd time), Resident Evil 4 (5th time), Phantasy Star Online, Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Resident Evil, Resident Evil Zero, Legend of Dragoon, Return to Zork, Ultima VII: The Black Gate, Riven: The Sequel to Myst...

I spared you all the horrible, long list of games I am currently working on, and gave you a list, in order, of the ones I've worked on in the past week and a half.

:shock: Wow. And I thought I played alot of games at one time. That's video game muti-tasking. Those are some good games aswell. I've completed half of them. I need to play Riven: The Sequel to Myst. Are you playing it on the PSX or PC?
My love steals my light and darkens my eyes.

~G.W.~

red9_merchant
Student of Vane

Post by red9_merchant »

Pc. My mom got the Myst Trilogy for Christmas a few years back, but since then, the games and box have been in my posession. I've cleared Myst and Riven, but my computer is so outdated that I can't get Exile to run smoothly.