What are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
lioyd
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by lioyd »

:D final fantasy 11 is an online game man I loved that game :D

Texcap
Meribian Merchant

Post by Texcap »

Currently playing:

- Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
- Radiata Stories
- Star Wars: Battlefront 2

Fortiter -- Per Mare Per Terras!

DaWrestla
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DaWrestla »

Mario Kart DS (and then)
Battalion Wars (and then)
Gun (for the Cube)

And after that, it's time to get back to RPGs...probably Golden Sun 1 and 2.
Vaporized before my eyes

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

it's time to get back to RPGs...probably Golden Sun 1 and 2.

How is the second Golden Sun anyway? When I found out that it takes place right where the first ends, I vowed not to get it until I finished the first, and I'm just finishing it up now almost three years later. It was really a fun game, I just wish I had more time to play it.

...and I'm currently playing Mario vs. Donkey Kong again while I wait for my new DS to come in the mail so I can get a KILLER Castlevania, and what's been described as a less than mediocre Lunar game. (But I still want to try it).

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

Right now for me its

Mario kart DS
Castlevania Curse of darkness
Resident Evil 4
Shadow of the collosiss
and some random bomberman ds here and there

Anordin
Pao Hunter

Post by Anordin »

Currently playing:

Dragon Warrior VII
Daggerfall
Riviera (off and on)
Fire Emblem (1st GBA game)
Heaven does not speak. It simply showed its will by his personal conduct and his conduct of affairs.
-Mencius, Bk V, Chap V, Legge Translation

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Dragon Quest VIII is currently my most played game.

DaWrestla
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DaWrestla »

So...now that I started playing Battalion Wars, is anybody else pissed off about the controls? Why the HELL don't they allow you to use BOTH ANALOG STICKS!!!!!!! IT'S SOOOO MUCH EASIER! DAMN YOU!

This same issue absolutely infuriated me about Star Fox Adventures, but at least you could CHANGE the control scheme in it. You can't even do that in Battalion Wars.

Somebody PLEASE tell me the game is still worth playing!
Vaporized before my eyes

DragonMaster Sam
Nanza Bandit

Post by DragonMaster Sam »

Metroid Prime on the Gamecube; Breath of Fire on Gameboy Advance.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Nintendogs. :P And yes, I am enjoying it just fine, virtual petting and all. It's a change of pace to have something that doesn't require a huge chunk of time, but is good to do daily. I'm finding that I'm more likely to spend 5-10 minutes with my dog daily than an hour or so of play on another game weekly.

Over Thanksgiving my sister and I played through Neutopia and about half of DKC3 on cooperative mode. And I still pick up Grow II now and again and someday I'll even finish. I've been saving throughout and as I recall when you finish the game every save on the card is updated with that info (that you've had the date with so-and-so) and since all seven people in my party like Wein just fine I can probably get those seven endings just starting from the save before the date. This is important because I've been putting off Grow III until I get all the Grow II endings, and I really do want to try Grow III.

Oh, yeah, I should play Metroid Prime too. Maybe on vacation later this month, though more likely I'll try to finish up my TSS playthrough and my import EB playthrough.

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

And I still pick up Grow II now and again and someday I'll even finish. I've been saving throughout and as I recall when you finish the game every save on the card is updated with that info (that you've had the date with so-and-so) and since all seven people in my party like Wein just fine I can probably get those seven endings just starting from the save before the date. This is important because I've been putting off Grow III until I get all the Grow II endings, and I really do want to try Grow III.

I've done the same exact thing. I've played through Grow II for two different endings...but I don't want to go to Grow III until I've unlocked all the II characters, since you can bring them over to the Grow III, at least that's what I've been told.

Of course...last time I played Grow II was back in July :P

Damn the crack that is FF XI !!!
Free your mind and let your dreams fly, -me

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Alunissage wrote:
Over Thanksgiving my sister and I played through Neutopia and about half of DKC3 on cooperative mode. And I still pick up Grow II now and again and someday I'll even finish. I've been saving throughout and as I recall when you finish the game every save on the card is updated with that info (that you've had the date with so-and-so) and since all seven people in my party like Wein just fine I can probably get those seven endings just starting from the save before the date. This is important because I've been putting off Grow III until I get all the Grow II endings, and I really do want to try Grow III.

Which Neutopia, I or II? I replayed them both a few years ago, they're not quite as sharp of Zelda clones as I remembered when I initially played them in my youth.

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Checked Shadow of the Colossus out of the library at work. Well, actually it was my coworker who'd checked it out, but after watching everybody (at least four different people!) mashing on colossi behind me in my cube I decided that I'd better take the game home for the weekend and finish it before everything gets spoiled to high heck for me.

So far I'm really liking it. The game goes by quickly, but it's absolutely gorgeous. It's true that there is a "trick" to beating each colossus, but I liked how the player is largely allowed to find the trick on their own. It's difficult enough that it's a challenge, but I've yet to have to run to GameFAQs to figure it out. I like being able to think "Well, if I do this, then maybe I can get it [the colossus] to do that, and then I can..." Definitely a thinking person's action game. For those who have no patience though I can see this kind of gameplay being rather grating. ^^;
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

Rune Lai wrote:Checked Shadow of the Colossus out of the library at work. Well, actually it was my coworker who'd checked it out, but after watching everybody (at least four different people!) mashing on colossi behind me in my cube I decided that I'd better take the game home for the weekend and finish it before everything gets spoiled to high heck for me.

So far I'm really liking it. The game goes by quickly, but it's absolutely gorgeous. It's true that there is a "trick" to beating each colossus, but I liked how the player is largely allowed to find the trick on their own. It's difficult enough that it's a challenge, but I've yet to have to run to GameFAQs to figure it out. I like being able to think "Well, if I do this, then maybe I can get it [the colossus] to do that, and then I can..." Definitely a thinking person's action game. For those who have no patience though I can see this kind of gameplay being rather grating. ^^;

A friend of mine told me it was related to Ico. Is that true?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The first Neutopia; we don't have Neutopia II yet but are working on it. It did have a *lot* of Zelda stuff in common, but not everything, I admit. The Rainbow Bridge just cracked me up as being so similar to the ladder (though prettier and a little less awkward in some places), and so many of the enemies were similar that we just called them by their Zelda names, like Wizzrobes. It was fun enough, though, and I'll be happy to play the second.

The Grow II characters are used as summons in III, I think, or something like that.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Rune Lai wrote:Checked Shadow of the Colossus out of the library at work. Well, actually it was my coworker who'd checked it out, but after watching everybody (at least four different people!) mashing on colossi behind me in my cube I decided that I'd better take the game home for the weekend and finish it before everything gets spoiled to high heck for me.

My friend was playing that last night! She bought it for her brother, but couldn't resist playing it. Oh, it was very beautiful... at first I was struck by the sparseness of battles, but I think that the challenge in them and the general exploration possible makes up for it. Though the exploration did get a little much as we gave up looking for the third colossus after an hour. We were in a canyon area; maybe she took a wrong turn? A tough-to-find cave? It looked like there was a place she should be able to climb, but it didn't work. I don't go for action games as much as I used to, but I really enjoyed this one.

Otherwise, I've been playing Civ IV. Still doing my first game in the easiest mode, to get used to it. Regardless, I take pride in my mighty Greek empire and the levelled-up mechanized infantry and armor at my disposal. Also, it pleases me to see that Judaism, my state religion, is easily the most successful (only Hinduism begins to rival it).

And then there's Super Mario 3 for the GBA. I'm in World 6 right now... I've still never beaten this game. I just have so much fun playing through the other levels that I find it tough to concentrate enough to beat it. That and I'm not quite good enough at it yet.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Currently replaying Zelda: OoT Master Quest. Up next: Wind Waker (I've never finished it).
-G1

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Roas Atrades wrote:A friend of mine told me it was related to Ico. Is that true?

It's by the same dev team and it really shows in the art direction and some of the puzzle elements (lots o' wall climbing). If you've played Ico before that will make the kind of thinking necessary for Shadow of the Colossus easier. It's just... in Ico the "walls" never tried to throw you off of them while you were in the middle of climbing. ^^; There's also a lot of that "lost in the mists of time" feeling where it's just you, your non-speaking companion (in this case your horse), and your environment.

Sonic# wrote:Though the exploration did get a little much as we gave up looking for the third colossus after an hour. We were in a canyon area; maybe she took a wrong turn? A tough-to-find cave? It looked like there was a place she should be able to climb, but it didn't work. I don't go for action games as much as I used to, but I really enjoyed this one.

I got lost for a half hour looking for the third colossus. The thing is that the light beam points directly to the colossus, irrespective of obstacles, and right after crossing the gorge it leads you directly up to a rock wall. If you try to go around by heading to the right, you'll find a narrow passage through the rocks. If you head left like I did you'll get lost in a canyon-like maze and if you keep following the light beam (when possible) you'll end up running around the whole darn mountain range until you get back (almost) to where you started. :P You'll know you're on the right track if you end up at a foggy lake. From there, just follow the hint Dormin (the giant glowing light entity) gave you to find the colossus.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

Otherwise, I've been playing Civ IV. Still doing my first game in the easiest mode, to get used to it. Regardless, I take pride in my mighty Greek empire and the levelled-up mechanized infantry and armor at my disposal. Also, it pleases me to see that Judaism, my state religion, is easily the most successful (only Hinduism begins to rival it).

Ah, Civ IV.

One of my best friends is probably going to work on no sleep right now because of that....if he isn't in china at the moment that is :P

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Alunissage wrote:The first Neutopia; we don't have Neutopia II yet but are working on it. It did have a *lot* of Zelda stuff in common, but not everything, I admit. The Rainbow Bridge just cracked me up as being so similar to the ladder (though prettier and a little less awkward in some places), and so many of the enemies were similar that we just called them by their Zelda names, like Wizzrobes. It was fun enough, though, and I'll be happy to play the second.

The Grow II characters are used as summons in III, I think, or something like that.

Neutopia II isn't really that much better of a game in my opinion. Neutopia is one of the most blatent Zelda clones I've ever played, with that said it's still a fun game since it's copying a classic. And yeah, I remember being younger and calling all the enemies by their Zelda names too at the time. Even some of the bosses were similar if I recall correctly (a Dragon etc).