What are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Faust
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Faust »

Currently exclusively tales of legendia

seems like the wrong place but if there is anyone playin the same game
could that some one please share some 999 combo tips

mine always died around 650++

thanks

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Finished Partners in Time, which overall I found disappointing after Superstar Saga. Started Eternal Blue.

PurifyWeirdSoul
Lostest Boy

Post by PurifyWeirdSoul »

I'm currently playing Lunar:SSSC. Figured I could use a challenge, so I'm playing with these handicaps: Original equipment only. Items other than equipment can be used, only if found. So no shopping. So far, I'm seeking the Red Dragon.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Well, a month or so ago I finished the amazing DQ VIII. Now I'm mostly playing Mario DDR. I'm also waiting for Kingdom Hearts II.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm currently playing Lunar:SSSC. Figured I could use a challenge, so I'm playing with these handicaps: Original equipment only. Items other than equipment can be used, only if found. So no shopping. So far, I'm seeking the Red Dragon.

You can't win then. Don't you have to equip the Dragonmaster equipment before you can enter the Grindery? I know that's the way it is in TSS, but I can't remember if it's the same in SSSC.
-G1

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

Right now, I'm playing Vanguard Bandits, Mega Man Powered Up, LUNAR: Eternal Blue, and CastleVania Dracula X: Chi no Rondo.

Waiting on Disgaea: Hour of Darkness and All the LUNAR to come in the mail.

:D

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I imagine he'd equip the stuff just for the entry, then.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, I was more or less giving him a hard time. Though it does make me curious if you did need the equipment in SSS. You don't get Althena's Sword until after the Grindery events, so was that taken out?

And...

Waiting on Disgaea: Hour of Darkness and All the LUNAR to come in the mail.

You scored a rareity with AtL. How'd you come by it? I know it pops up on Yahoo Japan semi-frequently, but that's about the only place I've seen it, save once or twice on Ebay.
-G1

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

Last month, I started searching for it on the web, and I found an EBay auction. Unfortunately, it had been over for at least a month. I contacted the seller to ask if he could get another one. Some time later, he finds a brand new, sealed copy and sells it to me for an :oops: insane price.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Sealed? O_O

Wow, that's insane. How much did you have to pay for it?
-G1

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

He charged $400, including shipping and trackable insurance. I used my PayPal Buyer Credit though.

At least I'll finally have it...you remember when I was asking about it before, right GhaleonOne?
Last edited by Jasonb12 on Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Wow! 400 smackers! Though for a sealed copy, it's not surprising. It seems on average, they go for over 100 opened. I don't remember how much mine was, but between AtL and all the Lunar soundtracks, I spent close to $400 I believe.

And I faintly remember you asking me about it. That's something I get asked about a lot actually, though mainly through Email. In fact, people wanting to buy merchandise from LunarNET is probably the biggest question I get to the webmaster account.
-G1

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

...I wonder...is All the LUNAR the rarest merchandise or is the movie? My guess is the movie...

...I wish we could get Magic School translated...

(Yeah, I haven't given up yet.)

BraveKing
Lostest Boy

Post by BraveKing »

Movies are extremely easy to pirate so Ima gussing it's "All the Lunar" thing

anyways I am at the moment playing Project Justice, lots and lots of Project justice

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

That's the original name of Rival Schools, right?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

BraveKing wrote:Movies are extremely easy to pirate so Ima gussing it's "All the Lunar" thing

:roll: We're talking physical copies here. You know, things that exist outside your computer? Downloading the movie is not remotely the same as having the actual videotape.

My All the Lunar was $95, two years ago. I bought it from the same seller who sold one on eBay for $360 not long ago; I wonder if he regrets not charging me more now.

PurifyWeirdSoul
Lostest Boy

Jasonb12 wrote:That's the original name of Rival Schools, right?

Project Justice is the true sequel to Rival Schools, released on the DC. Great game, hard to find, moderately expensive, but worth every penny if you're into wacky fighting games. Ebay is your friend here. It used to go for approximately $60-70 USD, now it's around $50. I believe the Japanese release is the superior however. There is a mode that was taken out for the U.S. release, but it was more of a novelty really. You wouldn't be missing much.

Alunissage wrote:I imagine he'd equip the stuff just for the entry, then.

Something to that effect. Alex sucks atm, so my ace is really THE Nanza bandit. I'm not sure If I can complete the game using original equipment Maybe with high lvl characters, or with some modifications to the rules. Until the difficulty warrants such a change, I'll stick with it. It's very fun, and challenging though. During many battles, I think twice about using certain strategies. It's helping to learn more about the AI as well.

Later on, I might combine it with 'no save during dungeons what-so-ever'. That would be one huge headache.

Alunnissage wrote:My All the Lunar was $95, two years ago. I bought it from the same seller who sold one on eBay for $360 not long ago; I wonder if he regrets not charging me more now.

$95 sealed? :shock:

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

No, used, as was the one that went for $360 later. To be honest, I don't place much of a premium on sealed items; I buy them to enjoy them, and I won't be able to do that if I can't open them -- and once I do, the value in the seal is gone. The only point to me in having it sealed is to guarantee that everything is in there and in good condition (and nearly all the used Japanese stuff I've gotten has been good), and I've never felt any particular impulse to buy something I already have again to have a sealed copy (though since my fiance and I both have all the WD guides, I've left his sealed and use mine for reference instead). Obviously when I had All the Lunar offered to me I wasn't going to wait for a new copy, especially since it was at least a year before I saw another one go on sale. ;)

PurifyWeirdSoul
Lostest Boy

Alunissage wrote:No, used, as was the one that went for $360 later. To be honest, I don't place much of a premium on sealed items; I buy them to enjoy them, and I won't be able to do that if I can't open them -- and once I do, the value in the seal is gone. The only point to me in having it sealed is to guarantee that everything is in there and in good condition (and nearly all the used Japanese stuff I've gotten has been good), and I've never felt any particular impulse to buy something I already have again to have a sealed copy (though since my fiance and I both have all the WD guides, I've left his sealed and use mine for reference instead). Obviously when I had All the Lunar offered to me I wasn't going to wait for a new copy, especially since it was at least a year before I saw another one go on sale. ;)

I'm pretty much in the same boat. As long as the goods are in decent condition, it's all good. In general, the Japanese must take good care of their games, because I rarely see import merchandise in unsatisfactory conditions. Ugh, that just brought back bad memories. Awhile ago, I sold off Tobal No.2 and Akumajo Dracula X, both for the PS. They were in emaculate conidtion, and I just hope the next owner took care of my 'babies'. I don't lend my games out anymore, because I always get them back scratched, or the book having seen better days.

I'm tempted to get the artbook myself, but find the price hard to justify. At the price it's going for, I can purchase a few games. My Lunar-fanatism isn't as fervored as some of you. Must...resist...temptation...

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

PurifyWeirdSoul wrote:I'm pretty much in the same boat. As long as the goods are in decent condition, it's all good. In general, the Japanese must take good care of their games, because I rarely see import merchandise in unsatisfactory conditions.

More accurately, there're more standards for used merchandise in Japan, and the used market in general is a lot bigger (lots of used-only shops, game stores always have a used section, etc.--it makes the US used market look like nothing).

That, and for any slightly damaged merchandise, they'll reduce the price. So folks intent on re-selling a game will keep it in decent condition. When stuff is missing or scracthed, there's typically a label or something (e.g., when I bought the Mega CD Lunar EB, they made sure I was aware that there was no spinecard; when I got one of the Suikoden II stories, they made sure I knew there were a few scratches on the disc).

It's all about the used market being bigger. Meaning there're a lot of places to get games for pretty cheap. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)