What are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Ardekh »

I don't know what's going on in the topic right now, but I'll talk about what I'm currently playing.

Every Saturday, I have around 10-15 friends over and we play a lot of Soul Caliber 3, in addition to other random stuff. (Except yesterday we didn't play because it's been going on for 2 months now and I think people are getting sick of me winning. ;)) I also recently obtained a Super Nintendo (:D!) and have been playing Turtles in Time (when others are over) and The Lion King occassionally. It's hard, man! Umm...saw Xenogears at GameStop the other day, hid it behind some other games, need to buy it SOON. Don't have much time to play anything lately because I've actually been busy with life and such.

BraveKing
Lostest Boy

Post by BraveKing »

PurifyWeirdSoul wrote:
Jasonb12 wrote:That's the original name of Rival Schools, right?

Project Justice is the true sequel to Rival Schools, released on the DC. Great game, hard to find, moderately expensive, but worth every penny if you're into wacky fighting games. Ebay is your friend here. It used to go for approximately $60-70 USD, now it's around $50. I believe the Japanese release is the superior however. There is a mode that was taken out for the U.S. release, but it was more of a novelty really. You wouldn't be missing much.

I was lucky enough to grab a copy when it first came out, but if your not into spending a whole lot there are otehr methods of obtaining dreamcast games, if ya get my drift.

PurifyWeirdSoul
Lostest Boy

Post by PurifyWeirdSoul »

BraveKing wrote:I was lucky enough to grab a copy when it first came out, but if your not into spending a whole lot there are otehr methods of obtaining dreamcast games, if ya get my drift.

Although I like to get stuff for free, I'm not into bootleg, pirating, etc. I actually like to support game companies that make good games. There are poor people out there that can't afford games (I used to be one), who plan on buying the games later. However, that's not the case for the most part. People download stuff because they don't want to pay for it even though they can.

When I sold my Dreamcast to my friend, he downloaded every single game that he could find for the console. His CD binder was chock full. He sure got his moneys worth, by only paying for the console and hardware. Anyways, people like that are everywhere. Back then his closet was full of illegal software. He probably has a garage full of that stuff now. It's the same with another person I know. Heck, even my brother! His anime 'collection' is in the hundreds! Of course, he defends his actions by pointing out that the animes aren't licensed in the U.S. so it's fine. :roll:

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I was lucky enough to grab a copy when it first came out, but if your not into spending a whole lot there are otehr methods of obtaining dreamcast games, if ya get my drift.

Seriously. Enough dude. It's in the rules: no talk of piracy, and you were obviously hinting in that direction. Quite blatantly. Please at least respect our rules. Thanks.
-G1

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

Was Project Justice only released for Dreamcast? I don't have one yet...

In any case, can't wait for Disgaea and All the LUNAR to come in!!

:lol:
Last edited by Jasonb12 on Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

BraveKing
Lostest Boy

Post by BraveKing »

GhaleonOne wrote:

Seriously. Enough dude. It's in the rules: no talk of piracy, and you were obviously hinting in that direction. Quite blatantly. Please at least respect our rules. Thanks.

Jeez okay, sooooooooooory >_>

wont happen again

PurifyWeirdSoul
Lostest Boy

Post by PurifyWeirdSoul »

Jasonb12 wrote:Was Project Justice only released for Dreamcast? I don't have one yet...

In any case, can't wait for Disgaea and All the LUNAR to come in!!

:lol:

Yes, Project Justice is a Dreamcast only exclusive. It's strange how Capcom ported many DC games over to other consoles, but not Project Justice. I mean c'mon, Resident Evil 2 and 3 on Gamecube for $40 a piece?! They're straight DC to GC ports! No graphical improvements, no extras, no nothing. Just a means of making an extra buck.

Have fun with Disgaea! It's a great game!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

BraveKing: Consider this an official warning.

G1 might have a lot of patience, but when it comes to insulting other members, I don't. If you keep up with your habit of pushing game piracy, and insulting others while you're at it, then I won't hesitate to ban you.

I deleted a few posts in this thread, so please no one else start getting involved, save for the admins of course. This issue is closed, though the original topic of this thread is perfectly fine. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Mei Ling
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mei Ling »

Currently playing: Boktai 3 and Onimusha 4: Dawn of Dreams

>>

<<

TAIYOOOOHHHHH!!!!
Lucia siggy~

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

Currently playing: Tales of Legendia and Dragon Quest VIII (and about 98% done with both).

In a few days I'll be playing Kingdom Hearts II and Suikoden V, also.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Still playing Arc the Lad. Also playing Sonic Gems Collection, now that I bought a new Gamecube to replace the old one. I beat Vectorman today, and am playing through the other games. Sonic the Fighters is surprisingly interesting, and the Game Gear Sonic 2 is a hard, hard, HARD game. I would've gotten it repaired, but I got a good deal on this one, and I know a friend that wants the broken one, so I figure I'll let him have it.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I am now playing Suikoden V, which is, as I had heard, a major step up from Suikoden IV already. In fact, so far, it has the makings to be on level with the best in the series.

And there's a Ghaleon (or Galleon...) in the game. And a Kyle! Except the Galleon is more like a noble old knight. But this Kyle is much the Kyle we know and love. Womanizing, and will likely end up with a lady similiar to Jessica if my suspicions are right.

Either way, 'tis a good game so far.
-G1

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

My Suikoden obsessed friend just bought 5 and refuses to hang out at all until he finishes it at least once. And now that he has that he won't pitch in to buy a new Xenogears (I lost my copy) which I saw at Gamestop and want.

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

GhaleonOne wrote:I am now playing Suikoden V, which is, as I had heard, a major step up from Suikoden IV already. In fact, so far, it has the makings to be on level with the best in the series.

And there's a Ghaleon (or Galleon...) in the game. And a Kyle! Except the Galleon is more like a noble old knight. But this Kyle is much the Kyle we know and love. Womanizing, and will likely end up with a lady similiar to Jessica if my suspicions are right.

Either way, 'tis a good game so far.

Yeah, I'm enjoying it also. I also noticed the Kyle similarities and the Galleon guy. XD

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I'm replaying Legend of Dragoon right now. If I find my PS2 memcard, I will get back to Prince of Persia 2. I already beat POP3, which inspired me to retry POP2. 8)
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Ramza Izlude
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Ramza Izlude »

Wow...I haven't been here in a while. Good to be back. 8)
Legend of Dragoon was pretty good. I beat that a while back. Right now I'm trying a genre I never really stepped into. RTS (Real time strategy) I'm playing Age of Mythology and Warcraft III. And, I get in some classic FPS action on the side with Quake II. :)

~Izlude~
My love steals my light and darkens my eyes.

~G.W.~

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

My dad has Warcraft 1! I have Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness! 8)
WarToD was an awesome game, even though I never beat it. I got pretty far. I never played the others, though I want to play World of Warcraft sometime (on someon els's computer :wink: ) just to try it out.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

Ohh, it had to happen. I bought Xenogears again and I've played 20 hours in the past 48. I'm at about 32 hours, because I had my friend play a few days ago and a month ago or so. I am the worst with Xenogears. Luckily it's Spring Break so hopefully I'll finish before it ends.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Heh. I had a birthday, normally this means I ask for things and get other things. This time (without even asking) I got nearly every NDS game I could ever ask for. Combined with what I had I'm going through:
Trace Memory
Mario 64 DS
Resident Evil DS
Mario Kart DS (How do you find out the friend codes? I haven't tried wifi yet)
Animal Crossing DS
Wario Ware Touched
and Trauma Center

There's also a few I'm not currently playing (why is Jian the only one that does decent damage?!) So I won't need to buy any new games for a long time... when the SMB DS game comes out. :D

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm so looking forward to that SMB DS game. I've wanted to play a solid 2D Mario since Super Mario World.
-G1