What are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What are You Currently Playing?

Post by LunarRaptor »

Oh yes, the two wise guys. You've played through a decent part of it, but there's lot to go, especially if you're shooting for doing everything in the game.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Omega
Student of Vane

Post by Omega »

You mean the two pyromaniacs on the way up to the ringleader?
Those who underestimate the power of the human spirit are destined to fail... and that means you, Ghaleon!

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Zophar wrote:I'm currently playing Kingdom Hearts: Re- Chain of Memories for PS2. I'm also playing some games on the side of that like Doom 3 and a bit of Halo 3 every now and then.
How is the PS2 version?
-Nobi

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:
Zophar wrote:I'm currently playing Kingdom Hearts: Re- Chain of Memories for PS2. I'm also playing some games on the side of that like Doom 3 and a bit of Halo 3 every now and then.
How is the PS2 version?
The PS2 Version is by far the best version of the game. Its mostly the same game as it was on the GBA, but they've added in some new map cards, new abilities, and there are two 'new' boss fights in both Sora's and Riku's story, one for each of them. They also changed some things in the story but nothing too serious. Ony a few of the cutscenes have voice acting, mainly the cutscenes between floors. You also have the option of choosing the level of difficulty you want to play at: (Beginner, Standard, Proud).

The mechanics of the game have improved slightly, and of course the controls are a little different. In order to stock cards you have to press triangle, which is better than having to press two shoulder buttons. There is also some new features in battle, like Card Duels. And of course Square found a way to put in those 'Reaction Commands' that they threw all over the place in Kingdom Hearts II.

Also, by beating the game you gain access to 'Theatre Mode' where you can watch all the cutscenes.

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

Omega wrote:You mean the two pyromaniacs on the way up to the ringleader?
Yep. I beat the game though. I'm going to go through it once more, this time via Claude's scenario, and do any extras or special secret stuff I didn't do on my first playthrough.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

All this talk of Star Ocean Second Story is making me sad...since I still need to beat it. I stopped because I had no idea what I was doing. I was in disk 2 somewhere with my characters in the level 80 range. I picked Rena over Claude. I don't know when I'll pick up it again since I need to restart it so I can refresh myself with the story.

Currently playing:
1. Star Ocean Til The End of Time - First time playing. Just picked up Albel and I decided to train everyone to level 30. Everyone's on level 29 right now.

2. Pokemon Green Leaf - Currently transfering all my Pokemon to Pokemon Diamond. Then I'm going to restart it to get Entei, Suicune, Charmander, and Bulbasaur. So, I'll need to beat it all again twice. :x

3. Pokemon Diamond - Training my Pokemon so I can destory my nephew to pieces.

I was working on my second playthrough of Devil May Cry and Tales of the Abyss, but I stopped to do those 3 above games. ^^'

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

I've been playing lots of "Devil" games lately: Devil May Cry 1 & 3, Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne(which Dante is in as well), Persona 3(the original but I'm skipping ahead with FES also), Siren, and Odin Sphere.

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

I'm currently playing Metroid Fusion, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, and LUNAR 2: Eternal Blue Complete - using my PSP to level grind and PS1 to play at home. Once I finish, I might start on Magic School!
"To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step..."

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

I'm currently playing FF7 Crisis Core and Guitar Hero 3.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Deathblood
Student of Vane
Location: In survitude to The Reapers and about to kill Commander Shepard

Post by Deathblood »

Guitar Hero 3 (expert now (YAY!!))

Need for Speed Carbon

Mass Effect (can't get enough)

Assassin's Creed (even more addictive)

FFVII (so big I'm still on disc 1!)
Ways of death comes in many shapes. But there are only a few shapes of death itself.[/i]

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

Finished Metroid Fusion and Phantasy Star Adventure last week. Almost finished with Metroid Prime... Once I finish it, I'll go back to Eternal Blue.

My PSP got stolen so I have to redo all of the PSP games I finished to that point. :(
"To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step..."

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Playing Final Fantasy IV DS, and as always World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy XI Online.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

How's FF4 DS? I was never able to finish the original version. I heard the DS version described as the definitive version. I'm kind of skeptical to this claim even though I still want to give it a shot.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Its really good, really fun. I never finished the original either. Eventually I'll try to. That and the Game Boy advance one. Too many games to play. :lol:

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

I just started FF3 (DS version)., it’s okay. I never played the original though so I have no nostalgic attachment to the game.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

I've been playing Xenosaga Freaks for the Playsation 2. I must say that the Xeno-Pittan game is insanely hard when you don't know much japanese. Yet it's a fun game... even though the stage I'm on is more like a puzzle than a game of scrabble (and very hard, and it's only a 2 star difficulty level)... agh brain damage! >_<

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

FFIV DS, Disagea PSP, and FFTactics PSP. I've got such a backlog. >> <<
-Nobi

Loud Mouth
Student of Vane

Post by Loud Mouth »

At home I'm playing Metal Gear Online (name is Mordovah) a lot between Anime downloads, at work I've just finished Suikoden and started Suikoden II (yes emulator, yes I own the original discs, yes I have a PS1 still, yes the game looses half it's charm without music) and am finally able to do Clive's quest within the game.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I'm playing the shareware game Exile 1 (from the mid-1990s, but it ages well for me), Odin Sphere, and Medieval Total War 2. In the last one, I just finished a campaign with the French, but I'm continuing on with them as an experiment to see how the rest of the game flows, with events like the Black Death. France owns all of Europe to the southern part of the Italian Peninsula and east through some of Poland, and a sliver of former Macedonia... not to mention Jerusalem, Acre, Antioch, and part of North Africa.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time