Lunar in my school news (SPOILER ALERT)

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Kale
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar in my school news (SPOILER ALERT)

Post by Kale »

Hey guys! I'm working on a article for my school news paper about the lunar series and I need your help. if you all could provide me with info about the silver star, eternal blue, dragon song, and possibly Magical School, then i would be VERY thankful. I know i could go to the main site and get this, but there was a lot in the forums i dident see on the site (not to critisize or anything)

Thanks for any help you guys can give me in advance
"I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but...What kind of Cheesy poof is that!?"
~Ruby, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue after meeting Mystere

ZP
Pao Hunter

Post by ZP »

Sounds like a cool project. But how can we be expected to provide more info than what's on a website that has been built up over the course of many years by several people? Are school newspaper articles really that big?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

This isn't the best write-up (I need to add quite a bit more) but a brief rundown:

http://www.lunar-net.com/lunar.php

A few major things you'd want to include:

- Kei Shigema, Noriyuki Iwadare and Toshiyuki Kubooka are three VERY important people in the Lunar universe. Shigema has the mastermind behind much of the series' storyline, Kubooka has done artwork and animation for the series, and Iwadare has been the music maestro for all the games except Dragon Song (which, well, has half his music remixed in there anywas)

- Plots are generally very cliched, but built around very developed characters, and done very exceptionally. Lunar 1 has been called "the best save the princess and the world" type story ever done.

- The game has always stayed in the realm of 2D graphics, while giving players amazing cutscenes (that quite honestly, are some of the best in the business at the time they're produced), and lots of voice acting (something that Lunar did before 95% of all other games).

- The series has seen games on the following platforms: Mega/Sega CD, Sega GameGear, Sega Saturn, Sony Playstation, PC, GameBoyAdvance and the Nintendo DS.
-G1

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

Thanks GhaleonOne!

I could also use a few personal reviews. And if you saw Morganna (the paper I work for) then you'd get the idea. I think one time we had a five page paper about abortion. but that was before i took the class

And is it ok if i mention the site in the article as a source?
"I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but...What kind of Cheesy poof is that!?"

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Feel free!
-G1

That Other Person
Lostest Boy
Location: That one place over there. Next to that other place. You know where I mean.

Post by That Other Person »

That is one cool article your making there. I wish you the best of luck. :)

Would it be possible for us to see it after your done? Like scan it in the computer and put it on photobucket or something?
When you hit the bottom, the only way to go is up... unless you carry a shovel.

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

GhaleonOne: Okie ^^.

That Other Person: Yeah, I can see what i can do about posting what i write. All the work I do for the paper is done in word so basicaly I should be able to post it no problem. I've already decided to make the thing a possible 5 part article. Right now, I'm working on Lunar 1, and then Lunar 2 next month, Lunar DS, the month after that, and then Lunar: MS(or a normal over all conclusion) to wrap everything up. and thanks for wishing me luck.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Kale wrote:And is it ok if i mention the site in the article as a source?

Could also mention that LunarNET's hosted (and created) the official sites for both Lunar: Legend and Lunar: Dragon Song in the US. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

Ok, I'll be sure to mention that (I dident know that either)