Favorite Lunar V.A.

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Kale
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Favorite Lunar V.A.

Post by Kale »

Who was everyones favroite Lunar/Lunar 2 voice actor and why? Personally I liked John Truitt (Ghaleon). I mean, I couldent see Ghaleon with any other voice. besides, ever hear his blooper clips?? :shock: :lol:
"I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but...What kind of Cheesy poof is that!?"
~Ruby, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue after meeting Mystere

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

God, I wish Dragon Song has voice acting, just a little bit...

Anyways, I like Luna's Voice actress, but Ghaleon's is probably my favorite as well.

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

Luna's was really good also. I think I liked her singing voice better.
"I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but...What kind of Cheesy poof is that!?"

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I AM ZOPHAR, MASTER OF SH**foghorn* Hehehehe...

And yes, huzzah for Truitt.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Truitt. Though some of the Japanese actors are quite good as well.
-G1

Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Scorpioeyez »

Kale wrote:Luna's was really good also. I think I liked her singing voice better.

Jenny Stigle (Luna's Singing Voice). I don't know if I can choose her as my fav but if I can, she's definately it. I still listen to Wind Nocturne all the time.
~ Webmaster of OtakuReview ~

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Ashley Angel! WOO!

Other than that, I'm not sure if I have a favorite. John Truitt... perhaps.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Yeah, I'm going to guess Truitt would win.

By a long shot.

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

English: John Truitt
Japanese: Megumi Hayashibara

To tell you the truth, I haven't actually heard any of the Japanese voices in Lunar, but I'm an anime fan so I regonize a lot of the actors. And I know that Megumi is very good (and it just so happens that she was the voice actor for an anime character that is very similar to Lemina, so I don't doubt that she did a good job).

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Inoue Kikuko sung beautifully in LTSS. No matter which version you play, you hear her singing. Hikami Kyouko, who took over the role of Luna (and again her singing is in the English version) in remake did a good job, but she's not in the same league as Kikuko.

Lunar 2's cast was full of big name seiyuu, but many of them were underused. If you've got Hisakawa Aya (Jean), Okiayu Ryuuoutarou (Ronfar) and Hayashibara Megumi (Lemina), USE THEM. At least there's the Lunatic Parade. :wink:

On the other hand, Midorkawa Hikaru (Hiro) is awesome, but I prefer him in moodier roles, and I've never been a Yokoyama Chisa (Lucia) fan.
「まあいいけど。」

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

American fans got a real treat with Truitt for Ghaleon, but TSS and EB Ghaleon's voice, Naya Rokurou, is absolutely fantastic. It's a different kind of sneering, but I like his ghostly voice a whole lot. Seki Tomokazu is a riot, as usual, as Killy/Kyle in SSS, and the American Ronfar was top-notch.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Are there audio clips available for some of the Japanese voice actors? I'd be curious to know how they sounded. :)

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

US: John Truitt. What can I say?
JP: Seki Tomokazu. Because the Japanese Kyle is the best (especially with that Killy is No. 1 song O_o).
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Oh, same Voice Actors sang those songs?

Was Ghaleon or EB Nall anywhere on either CD? I'd be curious to hear them in Japanese.

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

Katze wrote:English: John Truitt
Japanese: Megumi Hayashibara

To tell you the truth, I haven't actually heard any of the Japanese voices in Lunar, but I'm an anime fan so I regonize a lot of the actors. And I know that Megumi is very good (and it just so happens that she was the voice actor for an anime character that is very similar to Lemina, so I don't doubt that she did a good job).

You mean Lina Inverse from "The Slayers" right?

and im interested in hearing the japanese voice actors too, I know the main site has a vid from TSSC that has the japanese ghaleon and luna (if i remember right.)

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Ashley Angel and/or Jennifer Stigle.

I'd like to pick Nall, but whoever did his voice (Jonathan Esses I believe?) just didn't live up to what I thought he'd sound like. :(
- Mike

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

Which nall?

[spoiler] You mean human nall or winged kitty nall? [/spoiler]

and ashley angel did a good job...and i mean no offence but...he was in O-Town. That knocked off a couple points from his score.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Jonathan Esses did the voice of human nall in Lunar 2.

(I don't think spoiler tags are necessary, Lunar 2 is fairly old and AFAIK there aren't any more remakes in the works.)

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

John Truitt is AMAZING. *__* And I really liked Jenny Stigile as well, because she can sing. :D

Esses wasn't one of my favorites, but I thought he was perfect for Nall. And I really enjoyed Melissa Gulden's work as Jessica.

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

I dident mind nall too bad. But I STILL Loved Melissa Gulden too for her singing voice, but John Truitt i thought had the funniest outtakes too.