little questions and a little poll

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS

What does Flora do best?

Missing the target?
6%
Getting knocked out
No votes
Healing with Tender rain
47%
Not being on our team
No votes
Sometime attacking ( and touching ) those on the upper screen
No votes
Trying to be funny only to wish she would actually shut up
6%
is very helpful, couldn't do anything without her
12%
Take the spot of a worthy partner
6%
the hell about Flora, let Gabi and Jian kick ass with magic
24%

Total votes: 17

SPALAX
Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

little questions and a little poll

Post by SPALAX »

I just wanted to know... since I did not check into the cards ( never used them anyway, the fights being easy enough as it actually is... )

What cards do the best effects?
Is there some cards preventing the breaking or stealing of equipment?
If so, is the effect permanent while specific piece of equipment is equipped?

[spoiler]Also, is there any use in Lucia's boots that we receive after her kidnapping, or are they, as I suppose, a necessary weapon as one that will be the only way to beat Igiantus? [/spoiler]( do not correct me if I am wrong, I have not ended the game yet so I would love not get any spoilers )

And one last question to those who have actually finished the game. I am actually collecting moneyto buy the equipment in the town before the Blue Dragon Shrine... and I am bored to think I still need 159400 Silver.. So please, is it the last time I have to go through Gad's express quests to get some money??

( and no I will not go to the next levels before being fully equipped, I raise some levels on the way to the places to get the items I need for a job )

I am now at level 56, I hope not to get too much trouble with bosses! :)

One final comment : Is Flora of any use to you guys? Healing gums and antidotes do the job just as well as her.... which means I want Rufus back!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

You don't want people spoiling the end for you but you don't mind spoiling the midgame for others? And you're asking a question but then saying not to correct you if you're wrong? That doesn't leave a lot of conversational options.

I'm surprised you found any use in Rufus at all; I sure didn't. Buying items costs money, while having Flora heal is free.

There are other threads here to answer your card questions. Likewise your money question. I hardly ever did jobs after about the first third of the game (if I needed money, I sold off rings/amulets I wasn't using). Some of the equipment for sale in that town is in blue chests that you'll find soon.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I used her as my card girl and occassional healing.
-G1

SPALAX
Saith Pirate

Post by SPALAX »

Maybe the fact that I am not done yet with the game makes conversation difficult, but I will tell you when I will have seen the ending.

And for the cards, I read some topics, but didn't get the answers I need, which is why I ask that question.

AquaHaute
Meryod Yokel

Post by AquaHaute »

As for the cards, there's a complete FAQ about them on GameFAQs. Part of the FAQ lists cards by function - those that boost stats, those that lower them, those that infiict statuses, those that restore HP or MP, those that alter enemy movement on the map, and cards with miscellaneous effects, of which preventing stealing and breaking are two of them. If you go to the FAQ itself, you can even find out which cards those are, and then go to part 3 of the FAQ to learn where those cards can be found.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/game/925564.html

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

If you level her up enough, and give her the composite bow instead of the Crystal Bow, you can take advantage of the multiple strike properties of that weapon so she sucks slightly less.

Still, she's mostly there to heal, so...
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

knuckles90
Lostest Boy

Post by knuckles90 »

Yeah I just use her to heal mainly. But, Once in a while she hits and helps out some. Oh and Thanks AquaHaute that helps :D

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Hey, a healer is THE key playing in almost all RPGs, I'd say she was pretty helpful :P

Unfortunally, they didn't develop her much more than being a "healer" so yea, that was annoying.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

huh...I thought Flora was the only useful one...Gabi was the one who was annoying IMO...not quite strong enough to do anything worth while...

DaWrestla
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DaWrestla »

If you freakin' ask me they were all useless, except for Jian :evil:

I did finally learn, however, to have flora constantly cast the spell to increase everyone's attack, during a boss battle. Jian started taking off around 1,000 per turn and Gabi around 300
Vaporized before my eyes

knuckles90
Lostest Boy

Post by knuckles90 »

Thats what i use her for...^^

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Wait, where's the jumping up and down after the battle option?

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Flora was really only helpful to me when I equipped her with the Magic Ring which cut the costs of her spells by 1/3 ... so it was like 10mp I think to cast Healing Rain. Before that I didn't think she was too useful. I was hoping the whole time she had the ring that it wouldn't randomly break.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I've found that ring was better suited for Gabi.

A cheap beastman attack generally does more good, in my opinion.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.