Final Fantasy Favorite

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
DaWrestla
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by DaWrestla »

But whyfor you hate FF9?

See my above post in (I think) page 2 of this thread.

But, to sum it up again, I think it was a terrible attempt at bringing FF back to it's roots (at least they tried). The story was TERRIBLE, in my opinion. For me, the story is the number one thing in an RPG. I honestly had a lot more fun playing Secret of Evermore and Lagoon
Vaporized before my eyes

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I remember Evermore. A boy and his dog kick much ass in 4 time periods.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Blue_Goddess
Student of Vane

Post by Blue_Goddess »

I like ff7 and ff9.

I liked ff7 because it had a good story line. and it was the first RPG gane that made me cry.

I liked ff9 because i liked the story too, as well as the graphics. The game had nice graphics...

To make things short, i LOVED these games

scaryice
Student of Vane

Post by scaryice »

DaWrestla wrote:
But whyfor you hate FF9?

See my above post in (I think) page 2 of this thread.

But, to sum it up again, I think it was a terrible attempt at bringing FF back to it's roots (at least they tried). The story was TERRIBLE, in my opinion. For me, the story is the number one thing in an RPG. I honestly had a lot more fun playing Secret of Evermore and Lagoon

FF9 was the last one on the original Playstation, and it was never going to be a big advancement. So they were smart to make it "back to its roots."

Blue_Goddess
Student of Vane

Post by Blue_Goddess »

FF9 was alright... for me

Although i hated it when i was 9 because it was so hard ( i never played RPG's much )

By the time i was 12, i already had experience with final fantasy 7 and 8, so i decided to play it again.

At that moment, i started to like ff9 and finished it a few months later

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

I would say a toss up bewteen

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: Just because of the simplicity and the fact that was the first FF game i ever played

and...

Final Fantasy IV/II (US): Dragoon Kain. Nuff said.
"I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but...What kind of Cheesy poof is that!?"
~Ruby, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue after meeting Mystere

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

For me, it was FF IV (II in the U.S.) It was the first RPG I'd ever played with a riveting storyline, the first one to shock me with the villain encounter music, and the first end boss theme that truly moved me. The characters were great, and quite often hilarious at times. "YOU SPOONY BARD!!!!" That line is immortal. I should get one of the remakes one day, and relive the experience all over again. :D Joy!

Kobalt
Lann Fisherman

Post by Kobalt »

I dont Know if it matters, but I kind of liked FFVI over most of the others.
No one can know the path that I walk.

Silentcrisis
BANNED

Post by Silentcrisis »

i tink ff7 was the best so far. right now im playing the original final fantasy 1.
i tried ffX it was probaly one of the worst games iv ever played i dont mean worst in the final fantasy series either i mean like out of all the games i own

punkabof1
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by punkabof1 »

My very first final fantasy, Final fantasy 6~!!

red9_merchant
Student of Vane

Post by red9_merchant »

Hating to bring up an old topic, but I'm very bored until exams end.

For me, Final Fantasy VI and IV. No questions about it. I have a website dedicated to the two and their information and... merchandise and... doujinshi. It's a not-so-great site right now, but I'm still working on it. Those two are just great to me. Such great memories of my childhood. :3

AlasdairPalemoon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AlasdairPalemoon »

For my personally, FFVI has its place in my heart. Sure it had its imbalances in gameplay (that game is the easiest RPG in history when you use Vanish+X-Zone/Death), but it is part of the trio of games (Chrono Trigger and Lunar: The Silver Star) that pulled me back into RPGs. And it may have been a little pretentious as FF games tend to be, but there was still that grand feeling while playing through the game.

I liked FFIX the most next. I just like a stronger fantasy theme and designs, and while the story did have some "eh" points and not give much development to a few of the main cast, I still enjoyed it overall. I liked the light-hearted feel from it and the sidequests were mostly enjoyable for me.

Those are the two main ones, and I can't really think of where to place the others. I enjoyed and was addicted to FFVII for a while but for me, it's not one of my favorite RPGs, either. I honestly couldn't get into the characters and plot of FFVIII (they were just too angsty for me. I like to play games, watch movies, etc., to escape RL, not be reminded of my own pessimism or that of some of my angsty peers) and the gameplay system wasn't that fun for me. Either it was sit through summon spells all the time, or spend long periods of time drawing spells to keep stats high and that felt monotonous to me. The rest, um...I enjoyed them enough? Heh, can't think of much more than that.

Oh, yeah, and I hate Zeromus. I don't get it. The first time I fought him, I kicked his butt, but every attempt after, I got mine handed to me. Weird.

Master Lunn
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Master Lunn »

I love final fantasy VII . . . and IV (possibly more than VII right now). Mainly because Sephiroth is just misunderstood and Kain is just the man . .

Ramza Izlude
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Ramza Izlude »

FF VII, FF VIII, and Final Fantasy Tactics. I also like the very first on NES. Because it was one of the first RPGs I have ever played.
My love steals my light and darkens my eyes.

~G.W.~

Dark
Lostest Boy

Post by Dark »

I like all FF series but choose the best for me??

Maybe it is VIII afterthat it will be IX.
"Soul Eater show your power, TAKE their souls. NOW!!"

AbsoluteAlex
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AbsoluteAlex »

Id have to say FFVI followed by FFIX with mystic quest in last, I like that one too, it was the first final fantasy game I bought
I wasn't born to fit in, I was born to stand out

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

red9_merchant wrote:Hating to bring up an old topic, but I'm very bored until exams end.

For me, Final Fantasy VI and IV. No questions about it. I have a website dedicated to the two and their information and... merchandise and... doujinshi. It's a not-so-great site right now, but I'm still working on it. Those two are just great to me. Such great memories of my childhood. :3

FF4 is the best. FF6 is second best. I wish those two would get the treatment that FF3 got on the DS.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I have only Final Fantasy Anthology(3 & 4) and FFX. I used to have FFI, until it was sold at a yard sale. Of those, my fav. is FFX. I have played a demo of XII, didn't like it, and want to play XIII.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

NextGenerationLunarFan wrote:I have only Final Fantasy Anthology(3 & 4)

Err, what? Think you mean 5 and 6... maybe you're getting confused because 6 was released on the SNES as 3?

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonmaster Dyne »

i'd go with final fantsy 7. It was soooo cool.