What are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Sonic# »

I tried Riven for a while. I loved it. The thing with that game though is that it's tough for me to determine my progress (can I do this puzzle yet? What does it do?), and if I stop for any longer period of time (for school or the like) I pretty much have to start over. Even with the notes I keep (maps, sketches, etc.)

I'm still playing Xenosaga and have gone back to Pirates! for the moment, to give Civ IV and Age of Empires III a break. In Pirates!, I started in the 1600s and it's now 1622... basically, the only fame I can get is a ranking in Spain (Duke!), finding my grandfather, and finding the fourth lost city of gold. I now have over 800,000 gold. As my character gets older though, duels are getting tougher (I occasionally lose barfights!) and I've lost a few ship battles (losing a Royal Sloop in each case too, gah!).
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

red9_merchant
Student of Vane

Post by red9_merchant »

I liked the first Xenosaga quite a bit. It's the second one I didn't care too much for. Maybe it was the new voice actors and the zone battle system. Maybe it was something else. I enjoyed it alright when I was playing the import back in '04. :/

As for Riven, I know what you mean. I just stayed up one night for about nine or ten hours and played the game from start to finish. If I leave the game for over a day, then I get lost.

Master Lunn
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Master Lunn »

Lunar: DS, Castlevania DS, Metroid Fusion ( speed run ) Metroid Prime 2 ( Speed Run ) Xenosaga Episode 2 ( 3rd time )......cant choose which one to play today :lol:

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Lunn, by any chance do you post at metroid2002 (m2k2)? I can't see "Metroid" and "speed run" together without thinking of there.

Master Lunn
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Master Lunn »

nope . . . i post at samus.co.uk though. basically the same thing cuz their both affiliated n whatnot . . .

SilverOcean
Lyton Singer

Post by SilverOcean »

Currently....
finishing up Atelier Iris - Eternal Mana
replaying Digimon World 2

....on my list to....
replay .hack//infection, etc.
start Suikoden Tactics
finish The Ark of Napishtim

.....and maybe....
replay Golden Sun

Skylark360
Student of Vane

Post by Skylark360 »

I am currently playing:

Shadow the Hedgehog (Yes, I'm a loser. :P )
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (Now there's a contrast.)

Currently replaying:

Dark Cloud 2 (But I think it's starting to bug out on me, it's too old. It freezes in the middle of the Paznos launch scene. :cry: )

Soul Calibur 3 (It should have online play. My avatar could whoop your avatar any day. Maybe... :P )

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

Skylark360 wrote:Soul Calibur 3 (It should have online play. My avatar could whoop your avatar any day. Maybe... :P )

Oh do you now?

Currently Playing:

still on FF XI binge :P

Has decided to postpone buying Grandia III, considering it would just sit on my shelf anyways. Might as well wait til a price drop.
Free your mind and let your dreams fly, -me

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

And with that mention, I did pick up Grandia III and I'm having a blast. Supposedly the second disc goes downhill story-wise, but I'm enjoying it so far. I do see some small similiarities to the Lunar series in it, much as there were in Grandia I and II. I think it's probably more in the style of story-telling though.
-G1

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

GhaleonOne wrote:And with that mention, I did pick up Grandia III and I'm having a blast. Supposedly the second disc goes downhill story-wise, but I'm enjoying it so far. I do see some small similiarities to the Lunar series in it, much as there were in Grandia I and II. I think it's probably more in the style of story-telling though.

If it's good, I'll have to pick it up, as I really enjoyed Grandia I, although I'm still playing II.

Right now I'm playing:
Ico
Grandia II
Harvest Moon : AWL (PS2)
Magna Carta

And replaying:
Silent Hill
Silent Hill 4
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete

I'm in the middle of quite a few games, so those are just the ones I've been playing most recently. It usually takes me quite awhile to finish RPG's (around year, half a year...) which explains that.

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

I am playing Dragon Quest VIII. It is a long game, but its fun. I highly recomend it.

( p.s. can someone tell me the level that you were at the first encounter with Dhoulmagus. Dun dun duuuunnnn.)
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

Mei Ling
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mei Ling »

Currently playing:
Star Ocean 3
Dirge of Cerberus
Lunar: Genesis/Dragon Song

Replaying:
Golden Sun
Golden Sun 2
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue
Lucia siggy~

jinpachi
Meryod Yokel

Post by jinpachi »

Currently playing Sims 2
jinpachi is the best
you better belive it
------------------------------------------------------
Iv got to get out of school
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am going to die

Lord_Ghaleon
Student of Vane

Post by Lord_Ghaleon »

Currently playing-
-Final Fantasy XI
-Guild Wars
-Grandia III
-Space Channel 5 >.> <.< (It's an awsome game no matter what you say.)

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I finished SOIII...

Working on the Original Dark Cloud. Go figure.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Space Channel 5 is quite cool. I thought I'd hate it for the art style and the music, neither of which is my thing, but I found myself really enjoying it. The great voice acting helped -- I may never forgive whoever managed the sequel for changing her manager's (whose name I am annoyingly blanking on) voice, totally ruining the visualization of his character I had and messing up their rapport, too.

I'm playing Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time.

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jyd3n »

Working on Armored Core Nine Breaker, Star Ocean III, Tales of Symphonia, Growlanser II, and Dragon Quest 8.

I'm so behind :(

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

Workin' on...

Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Dragon Quest VIII
Final Fantasy IV
Fantastic Four
Final Fantasy VI

I actually have a bunch more on the back burner, but I forgot them...
ImageImageImage

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Arc the Lad
Xenosaga: Episode II
Civilization IV : Greek World Scenario

Arc the Lad is cool so far. My characters have a tendency of dying, but that's probably because I'm trying to use the musician (forget his name) to attack, and that just doesn't work.

I beat Xenosaga the other day. Loved it! The battle system made more sense for me. I notice there's an epilogue, or a variety of sidequests, but so far I'm reluctant to start them. Maybe during spring break.

I find that Civ IV games take a decently long time. Currently, I'm playing one where I'm the Persians. It's about 250 AD right now, I have everything from India (Eastern border of the map) through Arabia and Egypt, and up through part of Central Asia, Anatolia, Macedonia and Greece. I'm currently launching a sustained campaign against the Romans, who are formidable with their Praetorians... my War Elephants are doing adequately though. One thing is that about 40 turns ago, barbarians started appearing in much greater numbers. They sacked every part of the Egyptians except the sliver I took over. Then they started attacking me. It's not cool to have a stack of six or seven horse archers or camel archers suddenly materialize at a part of my empire I never saw fit to defend with more than a single archer.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Dunkleheit
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dunkleheit »

Megaman Battle Network 6: Double Team