Goku vs. Superman

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Goku vs. Superman

Post by Angelalex242 »

Goku gets stronger and stronger and stronger...and eventually can blow planets up.

Superman never blows a planet up, but he can push them around if he has to.

Does Goku ever surpass the Man of Steel?

If so, when? When does he tie Superman, and when does he surpass him? He clearly would be no match for the Man of Steel in Dragonball. He has to grow up first, at the least.

So I'm curious what people think.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

It doesn't matter how powerful Goku gets. Superman just has to spin the planet back in time and kick his ass when he is a wuss. Argument over. Now we need not have this topic ever again :P
-Rich-

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Ah, but with the Dragonballs, Goku could wish that away. So what it depends on is whether Goku can find the Dragonballs before Superman can think to do this.

The answer... yeah, Superman still wins. Goku's fast at fighting, but not all that quick otherwise.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Blasphemies! Goku would kill Superman around like a rag doll, probably sometime after his first death. :)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Wolfman_Samurai
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Wolfman_Samurai »

Goku..... easily. Here's why. the ol' boyscuot has 2 weaknesses. Not one but 2. Kryptonite, and magic. And sence the Kamehameha is a form of eastern Ki based magic, Superman takes normal damage. So really even kid Goku, Tien, Krillin, anyone with a lot of skill could take him. Heck even Master Roshi could waste him if he caught him of guard! Also in the comics, he was beaten by Captain Marvel (aka SHAZAM!), had his mind controled by Morgan LeFay, and nearly had his throat slit by Wonder Woman's Magic Sword (Kingdom Come). Even Shining Knight could kill The "man of Steel"

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Ah, but...

Post by Angelalex242 »

There's no evidence Ki counts as magic as far as Superman is concerned. Chi is not necessarily magic at all.

Before anyone asks, Superman's Heat Vision and Cold Breath are considered 'physics', not magic, chi, or anything else. It's manipulation of the natural world to do what the natural world does.

If Ki doesn't count as magic, Goku's big advantages goes away, cause Superman'll shrug it off and keep fighting.

And, let's remember Goku still has to aim his Ki even if it is magic, so until he gets to the point he can match Superman's speed, he doesn't stand a chance. And Superman still has raw musclepower and toughness going for him.

...And Superman is about as fast as Flash. Goku certainly isn't that fast as a kid. He isn't even that fast fighting Vegeta. I'm not entirely sure Frieza's that fast.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Dunkleheit
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dunkleheit »

Goku would win because of the Dragonballs. He would reach the Dragonballs first because he has a Dragon Radar. That and he can use Instant Transmission. I'm not saying it's fair (because it's not), but Goku would be the victor.

The time when Goku surpasses (aka: can beat) Superman is after he beats Frieza.

Kobalt
Lann Fisherman

Post by Kobalt »

I would have to say Goku would win as well. My reasons to say this is because even though Superman is as strong as Goku and even though he can rewind time, Goku still has his Instant Teleportation technique and could stop Superman before he had a chance to rewind time. Not only that but he also has the ability to become a Super Saiyan which would greatly enhance his abilities, giving him the ability to overcome Superman. However, this is assuming that they would even have a reason to fight at all, which unfortunately kinda renders the entire argument mute.
No one can know the path that I walk.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Actually, Chi is supposed to be life energy, right? I may be wrong, but in my beliefs, Chi is life energy, although not electrical or heat. Just life, that can blast someone to smitherines, or enhance a persons strength, speed, agility, etc (almost like the Force :P)

Anyways, Goku was incredibly powerful, probably around 10,000 times more powerful than superman in terms of brute ability by the time he faces Vegeta. Now if you take into context Post-Cell saga Goku, then superman would die in one quick blast.

Kid Goku, however, is weak. All though at one point as a kid, he took on a wrestler on the street and threw him through a brick wall. So Goku, as a kid, probably around the time he took part in the world strongest fighting contest thingy, became roughly a strong as superman. Now granted he didn't know how to channel his energy to fly, he still had Nimbus, so he could still get around anywhere superman wanted to go. Also, he knew the Kamehameha already, which would at least put the hurt onto superman. Also, if you remember, Goku could get the Kame wave to chase the foe at super speeds, and Goku does end the end of the Z series have incredible super speed.

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

...I really can't tolerate either character.
But my hate towards Superman is unsurpassed. So Goku wins by default.
ImageImageImage

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I cay Goku because he can just wish superman away without even meeting eachother. Duh! :)
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

Goku at Supersayain 4 would kick Superman's butt across the galaxy. He would blast Superman into every planet like pinball. Lol.
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

BraveKing
Lostest Boy

Post by BraveKing »

Are we talking about Pre-Crisis sSper Man here cuz if so Goku's going down, big.

Pre Crisis SUper Man was strong enough to take out an entire solar system by sneainzg. In the time it took Lois Lane to blink he was able to travel across the galaxy fight off some bddies and get back without her noticng this.

Naturally these made it hard to wright stories so DC sorta did it's whole crisis deal and Supes got toned down majorly

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

...My vote is still with Goku, even though I hate both.

But I have a bit of a side question. How come there has really never been a Female Fighter in Dragonball Z. 18 was the closest, but she did the mommy route, which I still don't understand...
ImageImageImage

BraveKing
Lostest Boy

Post by BraveKing »

Whats to understand she fell and love had a kid, it's the most natural thing ever

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

Chi-Chi can also kick it with a broom. You know, Chi-Chi is the only thing Goku is truly scared of. So you can count her as a female fighter. And don't forget Gohan's wife... whatever her name is.
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

JWL
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JWL »

I doubt that they would fight each other since they would most likely always be on the same side, but considering that they did fight, Goku would almost certainly win. Superman has limitations; the only limitations on Goku appear to be the imaginations of the DBZ writers.

I mean, really. Piccolo is strong enough to blow up The Moon near the beginning of DBZ. Frieza can blow up planets without bothering to power himself up to his stronger forms. Yet by the end of DBZ, Goku is supposed to be something like 100 times stronger than a fully powered Frieza was when they originally fought. You'd think that his sneezes would destroy galaxies.

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

BraveKing wrote:Whats to understand she fell and love had a kid, it's the most natural thing ever

But wasn't she a robot? I never really got into DBZ, I was more of a DB fan.
ImageImageImage

BraveKing
Lostest Boy

Post by BraveKing »

Android 18 was as her name said and Android wich is not quite the same thing, plus I think they did some BS with the Dragon Balls

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Asmodean wrote:But I have a bit of a side question. How come there has really never been a Female Fighter in Dragonball Z. 18 was the closest, but she did the mommy route, which I still don't understand...

We have Chi-Chi, Videl (Gohan's wife), Pan, Android 18... I think that covers them. Bulma too if you count Psyco chicks....