Star Wars Episode III

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Chris
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Chris »

I'm in the process of getting Episode III tickets. HOPEFULLY I can get tickets for the first showing at 12:01 AM on Thursday.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Chris wrote:I'm in the process of getting Episode III tickets. HOPEFULLY I can get tickets for the first showing at 12:01 AM on Thursday.

I could've gone for that showing, but I was distracted by someone working at the theater, and got some for 12:40 PM. Ah well, I'll get my sleep. I doubt I'd be able to sleep after the movie was done with, anyhow. The sun comes through my window... unstoppable! 6:40 AM, I'm up.

Anyway, to cut the ranting short... must see it!

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

MiaOne wrote:
Hyrth wrote:Ehh..Star Wars..A series I never even WATCHED. I loved KOTOR and SWG but never even watched the movies. Maybe it's cause my family never liked it. I might go rent the trilogy sometime..Am I correct when saying the Episodes are prequels??

Blasphemy.

:P

*puts on geek outfit*
As a former SW junky, all SW movies are episodes, the first one releases ever was episode 4. They just recently went back and re-did the first three that preceeded it.
*takes off geek outfit and dressed Phyco in it*
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Chris
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Chris »

So my friends & I have our tickets for the 12:01 AM showing on Thursday morning.

I'm so excited.... :D

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Chris wrote:So my friends & I have our tickets for the 12:01 AM showing on Thursday morning.

Lucky!!! My brother wouldn't go to the midnight showing so we have to settle for a crappy 8:00 showing :P He's getting old, he needs to snap out of it. Humph.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I loved KOTOR and SWG but never even watched the movies

Which galaxy do you play in? Me and Ryu play in Scylla XD

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Chris
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Chris »

MiaOne wrote:
Chris wrote:So my friends & I have our tickets for the 12:01 AM showing on Thursday morning.

Lucky!!! My brother wouldn't go to the midnight showing so we have to settle for a crappy 8:00 showing :P He's getting old, he needs to snap out of it. Humph.

The midnight showing is going to be crowded as heck. I'm going to the AMC Theater in Easton in Columbus so it's definitely going to be packed. There are 9 screens showing it there. I think our tickets are in the 7th screen theater. I might have to mow down some fools with my lightsaber. I really don't like people.

Tell your brother that the 12:00 showing > 8:00 showing.

love a riddle
Lostest Boy

Post by love a riddle »

I'm currently waiting for my friend to pick me up so we can stay at the local theater all day XD

Chris
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Chris »

Episode III blew me away. Wow! The best of the prequels. An amazing movie. Wow wow wow wow.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Just saw it today...

Three words:

OH MY GOD

Magus00
Pao Hunter

Post by Magus00 »

Was the movie any good because Episode 2 suck monkey balls :twisted:
Except for the part with Yoda. Im seeing it tomarrow any way
All generalizations are false including this one.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Spoilers for the book and movie...

[spoiler]Just finished the book today, then saw the movie. Wow. Just... wow. There were a few parts that didn't come across near as easy to understand for a moviegoer when you had read the book. In the book there were a lot more interactions with Palpatine/Anakin/Obi-Wan/Padme, and actually, the book was a good 3/4ths of the way over by the time Mace confronted the Emperor. The movie still had halfway to go, and they spent more on the time of Anakin actually having turned to the Dark Side, and such in the movie. This was good IMO, as the first half the book kinda dragged, even though it was laying out Anakin's turn to the Dark Side in more detail.

And the whole bit with Anakin just leaving children dead and Yoda and Obi-Wan finding out Anakin did that. That was pretty emotional and the viewer to feel like Obi-Wan had every justification to do what he did to Anakin at the end of the battle.

I see why some people complained about some of the lines. Though I didn't think they were that bad. I do feel the last half of the movie was far more interesting than the first, but mostly because everything just happened so fast and such all at once.

The emotion that Obi-Wan showed Overall was amazing. McGregor did a wonderful job with that character IMO. I didn't think Hayden did near as bad a job as most do, though there were a few lines that I think could have been a little better. But Obi-Wan as a character really stole the show through these three prequels IMO.[/spoiler]

Overall, wonderful movie. I'll likely see it with family again within the next few days, then rent through the original Star Wars movies to see if I catch anything. I've only watched them once in the past 13-14 years, so I'm a bit hazy on them.

love a riddle
Lostest Boy

Post by love a riddle »

The movie was rather good. Then again, I didn't get to see the first two, and I forgot almost everything about episodes IV through VI. The whole dark side development was well-written for Palpatine, but I thought Anakin switched sides a little too easily.

Obi-wan had a great actor. Everyone else except Palpatine was... eww.

In the later SW movies, though, doesn't Leia recall a few memories of her mother? Maybe her psychologist implanted fake memories...

Chris
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Chris »

love a riddle wrote:The movie was rather good. Then again, I didn't get to see the first two, and I forgot almost everything about episodes IV through VI. The whole dark side development was well-written for Palpatine, but I thought Anakin switched sides a little too easily.

Obi-wan had a great actor. Everyone else except Palpatine was... eww.

In the later SW movies, though, doesn't Leia recall a few memories of her mother? Maybe her psychologist implanted fake memories...

I think that Leia was talking about her adoptive mother, the wife of Bail Organa. Either that or she had visions of her mother through the Force since she is Force sensitive. I heard she's as powerful as Luke in the Force but she just didn't have any training.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Aye, Leia is force-sensitive like Luke, and actually holds as much potential as he does, except that it's undeveloped because, well, Obi Wan finds Luke first and doesn't ever meet Leia, except from afar. I thought of the same thing, as she says to Luke she has, not so much memories, but feelings and impressions. I wager that it's possible to have that.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Nana
Meribian Merchant

Post by Nana »

ah, the finale..
It was a little inaccurate, but I almost liked it better, the first Star Wars to REALLY touch me on a heavy emotional level.

Some of my guy friends even cried during it.

I was raised on Star Wars, and ironically, my favorite character was always Vadar. Now I look back at the third movie with a sick feeling in my stomach..like..I knew it was coming, but in my mind, I tried to trick myself that it would all be ok.

Magus00
Pao Hunter

Post by Magus00 »

I just saw star wars today one the best @^#&$& movie I saw this year. I liked it a hell of alot better than the last 2 movies and return of the jedi. #&#&%#& Ewoks :twisted:

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Alright I've now offically seen Episode III 3 times. And I shall marry Hayden Christensen, it's already been decided. No guy has ever looked so...sexy being so evil and angry. I even found myself watching the originals being strangely attracted to Darth Vader, even though it wasn't Christensen playing him, but the older actor. :P

I'm probably going to have some spoilers in here...and I'm too lazy for the spoiler box, so don't read on if you haven't seen it...

I really like how Episode III was done, it really had a more similar feel to IV, V, and VI than I and II had. I did think Anakin switched over to the Dark Side way too quick...especially how he reacted after he basically had a hand (no pun intended) in killing Master Windu. I mean I can see where Anakin was confused and because the Jedi Cousel didn't trust him and then Palpatine putting all those thoughts in his head that the Jedi were corrupted...but it was a VERY abrupt switch. I actually could stomach the romance scenes between Anakin and Padme in this one too...I mean they still gave me a chuckle, but almost in a more "cute" way rather than the "oh my god, that was horrible I think I'm going to puke" feeling I got from the love scenes in Episode II. And I liked seeing Chewbacca. And there were some lines or acting that seem outlandish to me on the part of Palpatine, but after seeing it again...I'd have to say it makes him seem insane...and I like that, I think it works. And I really did actually like Hayden's acting this time around. Overall it was just really well done. I think it could of been maybe a little more in-depth and a little longer, but hey, you can't have everything can you?

So yesterday (Saturday) I went and saw Episode III (for the second time) and then went to Best Buy to buy Episode II and then my friend and I went back to my place and we watched...EVERY SINGLE STAR WARS. It was Star Wars from 5:00PM on Saturday till 7:30 AM on Sunday...STRAIGHT. It was crazy, but well worth it. And I do think Hayden was well cast...because if you watch Mark, he kind of ACTS like Christensen. I love Star Wars. Wooo!

I had more to say, but it's late and I write too much

Oh, one more thing....Nana....how was Episode III "inaccurate?" What are you basing your accuracy on?

Chris
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Chris »

If you marry Hayden, I get to marry Natalie Portman.

Magus00
Pao Hunter

Post by Magus00 »

Good uhh luck with that:?