All Lunar Disc Variants

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Mattroid
Lann Fisherman
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

All Lunar Disc Variants

Post by Mattroid »

As you all may have seen, I posted in the TSS forum about the disc variants for the old Sega CD version of TSS. However, I know there have been others with disc variants, and I was wondering how much anyone knew about them?

How many were there for each game (if any)? What order were they released? Which ones are the rare ones? And most importantly does anyone have good scans of all the different art?

I'm sure between everyone on this board, we're bound to have them all, or at least most of them.

Anyone feel compelled to contribute?

Mattroid
Lann Fisherman

Post by Mattroid »

Of course, right after I post this, I come across this page which has variants for the PSX versions. :P

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

My question is are there multiple disk art varients for the Japanese versions of the games.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Hey, just in case you didn't know, there's an "Edit" button below the posts where you can append onto your previous posts. Please use that if you're adding on something quick. Thanks.

Anyway, Phyco, as far as I've seen there aren't multiple disk art variants, however there are slight differences with the disks in, say, the original and "Playstation The Best" versions of Lunar: SSS. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Bah, I just answered this exact question in the TSS board. Next time post that you're obsoleting that thread and to answer here instead, OK?

And that site sucks for putting "The" in the title of SSSC. :P

Here's my post from the TSS thread:

Yeah, there are 7. Two of them are almost identical (and the same art was also used for the Japanese release).

Here's the big picture o' disc art:
http://pwrsrc.net/~charlie/disc_art_big.jpg

and the smaller version:
http://pwrsrc.net/~charlie/disc_art_small.jpg

That's all the game discs (and the two making ofs) from all the console games. I need to do an addendum with the PC discs and cartridges.

Top row: TSS variants 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 (the last being rarest)
2nd row: TSS variants 2 and 1; TSS (Japanese); EB (Japanese); EB (US)
3rd row: Saturn games: SSSC (MPEG); SSS; MS; EB (2 discs)
4th row: Japanese PS games: SSS; EB
5th row: SSSC set 1; EBC set 1
6th row: SSSC set 2; EBC set 2
7th row: SSSC set 3; SSSC demo; EBC demo; EBC Making Of
8th row: SSSC set 4; SSSC Fan Art Ed.; ;SSSC Making Of

(To answer that last question, the EBC set 2 and the SSSC Fan Art ones are the rarest of those two respectively.)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Just curious, are those all of your discs Alun?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yes. I also have the Best version (like Greatest Hits) of the Japanese PlayStation games, but they weren't worth squeezing them in seeing as the art is the the same except for a yellow or pink Best logo slapped on them.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

They'd make a nice piece of artwork if you had all of the game discs framed either individually or altogether. Of course, if you're like me then you'd just leave them safe and secure in their jewel cases.

Mattroid
Lann Fisherman

Post by Mattroid »

Yeah, I would too. However, it would be cool in one of those CD case wallpaper things you see some places. I always thought those were stupid looking, but you could have a Lunar Wall with all the discs in one of those and then the posters and things framed around the CDs.

Or something. Yeah.