Lunar: Eternal Sapphire [Some New News]

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Mei Ling
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Mei Ling »

Sexah! *nosebleeds*

You Sketch great, PGJ! I look forward to see the rest of your artwork soon!

...Hmm, I better check the rest of your art soon. =D
Lucia siggy~

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Ha ha - Well thanks ^_^ The writing on the Amon sketch is a joke between me and a friend... hope no one finds it disturbing that I wrote that ^^; I still need to finish those character designs. I'm having fun with Amon the most.

Edit: 2/28/06

Has anyone else gotten a chance to watch Episode 3? If so, what did you guys think?

Work on Episode 4 is coming a long rather quickly I'm pleased to report ^_^ We have decided on a tentative release date for mid-march.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Mei Ling wrote:Sexah! *nosebleeds*

You Sketch great, PGJ! I look forward to see the rest of your artwork soon!

...Hmm, I better check the rest of your art soon. =D

Well, I wanted to bump this just so that everyone doesn't think episode 4 isn't going to come out ^^; Again, all my fault! Sorry everyone! But, I have been working feverishly the last couple of days to get back on track with the art, please feel free to take a look at some of the completed artwork for Astaroth and Amon:

We lost the voice actor for Amon, Zophar said that his friend may take the role, but I'm sure Zophar wouldn't mind getting voice auditions if anyone is interested ;)

I have one more character to work on for episode 4 which I'm hoping to have done thursday. Then artwork for a couple of cutscenes (involving each of the new characters ^_~).

Anyhow, I'm sure that Zophar will stop by and give you guys a more thorough update when he can. He's got exams right now, but it'll be nice to work on this over the summer. I think we'll both have a bit more time.

That's all from the TES artist for now haha, take care all! :D

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Is there a problem with the site the files are hosted on? I have a cable modem and tried downloading the episode 3 but it was taking forever and never started. It just said "Loading... The movie is loading, please wait "and I couldn't click on anything to activate it. Also, the download to desktop icon does nothing more than make the viewing window nearly full-screen.

Nevermind, I had to right click on it in order to get it to play. I suggest fixing whatever the issue is that it doesn't load properly to play.

lucia24
Student of Vane

Post by lucia24 »

Thats cool!!! :D I liked it..

"Even if a day should go by when I don't say I love you,
May never a moment go by without you knowing I do."

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hi all, just some more artwork... With the completion of these portraits, I can concentrate on the cutscenes. I'm hoping that with some of the stuff I learned in Flash I can animate easier than trying to do frame by frame. I'd like to get a little more creative.

Anyhow, hope you all enjoy - if anyone has any thoughts on the character designs please feel free to tell me your impressions. Even if you don't like something. It will only help me to improve.

Thanks a lot! :D

If the picture doesn't show please click here

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

The images aren't working for me here or through the link.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

What SP said. Gonna have to go around the link I'm guessing.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I'm sorry about that everyone... that's strange because the pictures are showing up on my computer :\ Maybe it's because the pics are already in my internet temp folder?

Ah well, here is a link to my art gallery on Deviantart, they are the last three I submitted so they'll be at the top :)

http://vanstane.deviantart.com/gallery/

If this doesn't work, I'll really be worried ^^; Thanks for looking! :)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Nice work! I will be interested to see how you put these characters to use in the 4th installment. Amon and Astaroth seem almost vampiric.
Last edited by Silver Phoenix on Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Yeah, nice work on the characters. Still, on a non-lunar related note, I still get a kick out of that "Harry the pothead?" picture :P

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I'm glad someone likes that HP comic! :p

Anyhow, thanks for the feedback guys! :)

It looks like TES may be getting some of it's first fanart in the near future, but I'd like to let everyone know that we would love and welcome fanart for the project. Once the series is complete, we plan on putting together a sort of Artbook/Making of type of flash and for anyone submitting fanart it could be added to that :)

Take care now :)

TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

I have officially just watched the flashes! Excellent job Zophar/Jeanny! I radore the part when Maria asks Jackk about his life and such and then doesn't answer his questions!

I <3 her prudiness! (Yay for made up words!)

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

TheRadicalAusa wrote:I have officially just watched the flashes! Excellent job Zophar/Jeanny! I radore the part when Maria asks Jackk about his life and such and then doesn't answer his questions!

^_^ Yeah she has a knack it seems for making him talk while revealing nothing herself :D It's awesome that you watched them, thanks a lot! I'm always really happy to hear it :) I just got home, it's only wednesday and I've worked 30 hours already ... so I'm am the tired girl. But the weekend is quickly approaching and if I haven't already done so I want to try and get more TES art done. I'm so close to finishing art for the first cutscene too! Once that's complete the majority of the episode will be done - Zophar works SO much faster than me, if anyone wonders what the hold up is... that would be me :p My goal is to have episode 4 cutscenes done this weekend which will hopefully mean the completedness (yay for made up words :p ) of episode 4... which will hopefully pull everyone in even more. It's really awesome to know that there are people anticipating its release :D

Thanks again and take care!

TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

PrettyGirlJean wrote:
TheRadicalAusa wrote:I have officially just watched the flashes! Excellent job Zophar/Jeanny! I radore the part when Maria asks Jackk about his life and such and then doesn't answer his questions!

^_^ Yeah she has a knack it seems for making him talk while revealing nothing herself :D It's awesome that you watched them, thanks a lot! I'm always really happy to hear it :) I just got home, it's only wednesday and I've worked 30 hours already ... so I'm am the tired girl. But the weekend is quickly approaching and if I haven't already done so I want to try and get more TES art done. I'm so close to finishing art for the first cutscene too! Once that's complete the majority of the episode will be done - Zophar works SO much faster than me, if anyone wonders what the hold up is... that would be me :p My goal is to have episode 4 cutscenes done this weekend which will hopefully mean the completedness (yay for made up words :p ) of episode 4... which will hopefully pull everyone in even more. It's really awesome to know that there are people anticipating its release :D

Thanks again and take care!

Holy cow for long posts! o.o! And I am anticipating seeing as to how it was a cliffhanger!!! >.<! I can;t wait till they meet up with the Vane person!! And is the cutscene like yknow an actual movie cutscene thing or is it just a series of pictures?
If its a movie cutscene that would be coolicious ( I Had to do another made up word! :D)!

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

The cutscenes will involve small animations such as blinking, hair moving, mouths moving, small things like that. I'm not skilled enough (or have the time without taking a decade) to do full blown animations. But each episode has been a learning experience for me. I'm really comfortable with doing the portraits quickly but without losing the quality; so I'm sure the cutscenes will follow suit. :) I'd like to think that the cutscenes in this episode will be a step up from the last episode, but really only time will tell. I haven't gotten to the actual animation just yet since I'm still tryin' to complete the art, but I guess we'll all see soon enough :D

I'm not sure when the "Vane character" will be showing up, I think she's still a couple episodes off... that's something only Zophar knows at the moment xD

TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

PrettyGirlJean wrote:The cutscenes will involve small animations such as blinking, hair moving, mouths moving, small things like that. I'm not skilled enough (or have the time without taking a decade) to do full blown animations. But each episode has been a learning experience for me. I'm really comfortable with doing the portraits quickly but without losing the quality; so I'm sure the cutscenes will follow suit. :) I'd like to think that the cutscenes in this episode will be a step up from the last episode, but really only time will tell. I haven't gotten to the actual animation just yet since I'm still tryin' to complete the art, but I guess we'll all see soon enough :D

I'm not sure when the "Vane character" will be showing up, I think she's still a couple episodes off... that's something only Zophar knows at the
moment xD

Oooh okay I see now. Like the part with Maria's eyes blinking. That was a beautiful picture by the way, Danni. And I can still not wait! I love Vane witches, specially with their curly hair! XD!!

Hirohiigo Togashi
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Hirohiigo Togashi »

I'm trying to watch this, but my computer seems to hate it for some reason. (Episode 1 won't load in Firefox or Internet Explorer). I watched the trailer, and it seems kind of interesting.

TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

Hirohiigo Togashi wrote:I'm trying to watch this, but my computer seems to hate it for some reason. (Episode 1 won't load in Firefox or Internet Explorer). I watched the trailer, and it seems kind of interesting.

Go to Zophar's deviant art page. Frist goto Danni's (PGJ) and then look at the character portraits till you see XZophars Icon, click on that and enjoy :o

Edit: Wow that post is full of typos o.o
Last edited by TheRadicalAusa on Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hirohiigo Togashi
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Hirohiigo Togashi »

Thanks Ausa!

I watched all three and I've gotta say, I'm pretty impressed.

If you're looking for a voice actor, I've always been interested in voice acting...