Some new pictures...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Some new pictures...

Post by GhaleonOne »

http://www.shannoncs.com/colorado/

From my vacation. I have a lot more pictures, but thought I'd share a few.

And to my faithful, who stood steadfast against Kizyr's attempt at a coup of LunarNET... I'll get around to wiping this "Lord of Darkness" campaign out tomorrow night. I'm still too tired from my climb Saturday. Climbing that mountain was one of the most physically grueling things I've ever done.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Some new pictures...

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:And to my faithful, who stood steadfast against Kizyr's attempt at a coup of LunarNET... I'll get around to wiping this "Lord of Darkness" campaign out tomorrow night. I'm still too tired from my climb Saturday. Climbing that mountain was one of the most physically grueling things I've ever done.
I AM KIZYR! LIFELONG MOUSEKETEER, HAIL GHALEONONE.... AND PEANUTS!

As long as there as the Yankees suck, I will be around. You can't get rid of me! KF

(Couldn't resist one last little bit of fun before we're completely back to normal ~ Ozone)
~Kizyr (they|them)

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

As soon as you kidnapped my Goddess, you were already dead...
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Damnit! Get this crap out of my picture thread!!! Damn hijackers!
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Bah! Fine then...

Fern Lake (http://www.shannoncs.com/colorado/image ... rnLake.jpg) and Mills Lake (http://www.shannoncs.com/colorado/image ... lsLake.jpg) look incredible. They almost make me regret laying the Blue Star to waste. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

No summit pictures? No G1 planeting the good old Lunian Flag? Bah.

Seriously though, awesome pictures. That Moraine Park, I assume it's in a valley, right? If so, I would love to have a log cabin there, and a 30 foot tall 10 feet thick concret/metal wall surrounding it :D

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

There's two summit pictures in there Phyco. I'll post a better one in a bit though. The two I posted have me in them, so it blocks some of the mountain views out.

As for Moraine Park, it's absolutely beautiful, and it's a valley of itself. Tons of elk are always herded in there grazing, and sometimes moose and other animals wander in. Coyotes are all over the place out there at night, and if you camp out like we did at the Moraine Park campground, you can listen to them yip and howl all night. It's pretty cool. It's a beautiful place for photography as well.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

GhaleonOne wrote:There's two summit pictures in there Phyco. I'll post a better one in a bit though. The two I posted have me in them, so it blocks some of the mountain views out.

As for Moraine Park, it's absolutely beautiful, and it's a valley of itself. Tons of elk are always herded in there grazing, and sometimes moose and other animals wander in. Coyotes are all over the place out there at night, and if you camp out like we did at the Moraine Park campground, you can listen to them yip and howl all night. It's pretty cool. It's a beautiful place for photography as well.
Well, sounds like I just found the perfect spot to invade the US :D

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Wow, those are really beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing them :)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I didn't realize how small I saved these photos as. They look a lot better at a higher resolution. I'm going back to get some fall color photos in early October for a new portfolio design, and I'll post some more then. I try and pick out a few and post some larger ones tomorrow.

And Phyco, if you ever wanted to check Moraine Park out, it's literally right of the road in Rocky Mountain National Park. Very easy to get to. You can literally drive within feet of herds of elk in there. Plus, the early headwaters of the Big Thompson River flow through it, so it's really cool to just take a book and a lawn chair and just sit out in this massive meadow with the gorgeous surroundings and relax.
-G1

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Those are beautiful pictures! The clouds forming looked really cool. I would go on a mountain if I had the money and wasn't scared of heights.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

GhaleonOne wrote:Plus, the early headwaters of the Big Thompson River flow through it, so it's really cool to just take a book and a lawn chair and just sit out in this massive meadow with the gorgeous surroundings and relax.
Is there a camping ground on it? Or is it just a big medow park that you can travel too?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

That's where I camped actually. It's not right IN the meadow, but it's literally in the tree's on the side of the valley. I usually request a campsite on the edge of the meadow, so all I have to do is walk a smidge down the hill and I'm already there, but the area is so large, that having a car to drive around it is better. Especially if you're trying to get good photos or different views.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Re: Some new pictures...

Post by phyco126 »

Kizyr wrote:
GhaleonOne wrote:And to my faithful, who stood steadfast against Kizyr's attempt at a coup of LunarNET... I'll get around to wiping this "Lord of Darkness" campaign out tomorrow night. I'm still too tired from my climb Saturday. Climbing that mountain was one of the most physically grueling things I've ever done.
I AM KIZYR! LIFELONG MOUSEKETEER, HAIL GHALEONONE.... AND PEANUTS!

As long as there as the Yankees suck, I will be around. You can't get rid of me! KF

(Couldn't resist one last little bit of fun before we're completely back to normal ~ Ozone)

*CACKLE* That's great. :P

But that places sounds nice, and the pictures where wonderful. You wouldn't happen to be allowed in the river/creek by any chance eh?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Actually, yes, people go fly fishing in the creek(s) (It's the same river, but it splits into smaller creeks throughout the park before coming together at the end of it)
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

GhaleonOne wrote:Actually, yes, people go fly fishing in the creek(s) (It's the same river, but it splits into smaller creeks throughout the park before coming together at the end of it)
Awesome. Let me tell you, nothing beats killing the heat of the summer with a swim in a mountain creek. Yeah it's cold, but after the numbness sets in then you are fine. :D

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

And boy is it cold. It's pretty much recently melted snow water. You'd probably like white water rafting a lot, if you love mountain creeks.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I love mountain creeks. I want a log cabin in a small valley near a creek. MMMmmmm. If the water isn't too fast in the current, then I would just backfloat down the flat, slow part of the creek until I got closer to the rapids. Very nice way to relax. Not sure how I would do in Whitewater Rafting, but I could always try it. :D

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

The pictures are so gorgeous! You make me want to take up hiking as well, G1. :D
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

The pictures are so gorgeous! You make me want to take up hiking as well, G1. Very Happy
You should! It's a great experience if you can go someplace like that to explore.
-G1