Woooo Kingdom Hearts fanart

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
LuciaOne
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Woooo Kingdom Hearts fanart

Post by LuciaOne »

Yarr, it's been a long time since I've drawn anything... meep... any my scanner ate the colors on this =\

Donald is definitely giving Riku advice on the ladies while heading to the beach on the Destiny Islands.

Crits or feedback? Everything's always WIP so things can always be fixed.

And it's on DeviantArt here
Last edited by LuciaOne on Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I found my old siggie! MUAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!
~~~
Sir Kizyr: ::high-pitched voice:: Ohh lookit me, I'm a cute li'l elf!
MiaAusa: Oh wait! NO I GET IT.
MiaAusa: It's him finally fessing up the the fact that HE IS a cut li'l elf. :d
MiaAusa: Hey, chance" NO I GET IT" to "NOW I GET IT"
MiaAusa: change**
MiaAusa: I'm mad with grammar today
MiaAusa: bad**

I'm mad with grammar too.
~~~
Sir Kizyr: Here's a lovely song about my favorite food
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
Sir Kizyr: Diggydoo!
~~~

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

That's great! You did a good job on the key blades ( in Sora's right hand's the Oath Keeper, right?...I think...)...Kudos!
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

What a good pic! The coloring was done really well. The characters were also drawn very nicely. Goob job! Me likes a lot! :)

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

The coloring job is really good. This is one of the better pieces of fanart I've seen.

To offer some criticism though, Kairi's left leg seems to be angled strangely. Since her left foot is pointed back towards everyone else, it kinda looks like she's dragging it behind her as she heads for the shore.

Also, Riku's left arm is stiff; held straight at his side. His right arm and leg make it look like he's moving at a brisk pace, but his left arm does not reflect that. It seems like it should be bent and lifted back to balance the right leg.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

Moonshadow
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Moonshadow »

Yes Etherest, that is Oath Keeper, my favorite weapon besides Ultima Weapon. <3

I agree with Rune Lai on Rikku and Kairi, and do add one thing Rikku's right foot looks a bit odd to me,but besides that it is a very good peice of fanart, almost perfect imo. <3 Very goob job.
Last edited by Moonshadow on Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Those who live by the sword are usually shot by those who don't.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I love the layered coloring, especially of the backgrounds.

I find myself missing cast shadows, most notably at Donald's and Goofy's feet. I also don't think Donald's back foot would have toes delineated. His front (right) foot also seems the wrong shape; I recall his foot being basically a W with webbing between the points at the top. And doesn't he have actual hands rather than a wing? But I need to look at a real picture of him to tell.

Goofy's snout also looks too foreshortened. It's like his nose and mouth are at a different angle from his eyes, which are drawn essentially parallel to the picture plane. They also look rather glassy, and should be solid black with only a hint of shine, I think.

I never played the game and don't remember if Sora's gloves had folded cuffs (or even if he wore gloves in the game), but if not, then the angles showing on either side of the keyblade handle need to be corrected.

Riku's head could maybe use some deeper shading to show the curvature of the scalp more. Though I don't remember what his hair looked like from the back; I only cared about the Disney characters so generally ignored the rest. Anyway, I think what it is is that the highlighting on his hair is a little too low (towards the end of the hair), actually where I'd put the deepest shade to contrast with the highilght being closer to the crown, I think. Oh, and something similar with Donald's tail...though in general he seems too gray and not white enough. I suppose it's a slightly hazy day with all those clouds, though.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

I absolutely love your artwork, you know I do. I still have some of yours hanging up in my room.

But, Kingdom Hearts makes me laugh heartedly. :lol:
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

LuciaOne
Goddess

Post by LuciaOne »

Ah hah, I fixed what I could. And yes, Sora has gloves, I wouldn't just make them up and throw them in there. And I don't really see anything wrong with Goofy- I checked him in-game after reading the comment as you can look up the characters in the Journal section and I put him at the angle I have him and he looks the same. And Riku has really simple hair. I did shade it more, but I don't know if it was necessary (I re-shaded A LOT, especially the sand).
I re-worked what I could of Riku's shoe, too, and his arm.
I found my old siggie! MUAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!
~~~
Sir Kizyr: ::high-pitched voice:: Ohh lookit me, I'm a cute li'l elf!
MiaAusa: Oh wait! NO I GET IT.
MiaAusa: It's him finally fessing up the the fact that HE IS a cut li'l elf. :d
MiaAusa: Hey, chance" NO I GET IT" to "NOW I GET IT"
MiaAusa: change**
MiaAusa: I'm mad with grammar today
MiaAusa: bad**

I'm mad with grammar too.
~~~
Sir Kizyr: Here's a lovely song about my favorite food
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
Sir Kizyr: Diggydoo!
~~~

Audric
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Audric »

Nice Drawing.