Chrono crusade

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Magus00
Pao Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Chrono crusade

Post by Magus00 »

Chrono crusade is one of my fav. anime/manga series of all tmie next to Lunar. I mean I pretty much own all the Dvd and manga thats out at this time in the US. Have any of you read it? :|
All generalizations are false including this one.

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

Well, I watched a few episodes and read the first volume of the manga...It's pretty good, but I have'nt had enough time to go out and find the rest of it...
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

Nana
Meribian Merchant

Post by Nana »

Ohh! I am done with the manga, and I haven't seen the anime at all. Chrno Crusade is a great series though, and note please that it takes a REALLY good shounen for me to even say its "decent".

Genocide
Pao Hunter

Post by Genocide »

I saw a few episodes and It's alright. I'd like to watch more though.

Magus00
Pao Hunter

Post by Magus00 »

Did you know that the manga and the anime are slightly different on the way events happen
All generalizations are false including this one.

love a riddle
Lostest Boy

Post by love a riddle »

I watched the entire thing, and reading along with ADV's manga releases.

The theological viewpoints are interesting, to say the least. The anime series is a lot darker than the manga. Satella also got a complete makeover in terms of character between the two mediums.

DevilCantCry99
Meryod Yokel

Post by DevilCantCry99 »

Yo the manga and video are diff but u get used to it. I say its a good thing because u get to c the same thing just diff plots. So it dont bother me. :twisted:

Deltath
Lann Fisherman

Post by Deltath »

Why did the US distributor change the name? I like Chrno better than Chrono.

Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Scorpioeyez »

I've seen the first three volumes of the anime and I've been really impressed by it thus far. I really like the dark storyline and I think that Hilary Haag and Jessica Boone have rocked the dub track as Rosette and Azmaria respectively.
~ Webmaster of OtakuReview ~

love a riddle
Lostest Boy

Post by love a riddle »

It was originally supposed to be Chrono is Japan, but due to legal issues it had to be changed to Chrno. There was no such issue in America, so they named it Chrono.

Deltath
Lann Fisherman

Post by Deltath »

Where did you come by such information? I would be interested in partaking.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

God I love Chrono Crusade! I've seen the whole series and collect each ADV DVD as they come out. Sadly I only have the first and third manga book since the bookstores around here barely carry them. It's such a beautiful series! The opening sequence alone is breathtaking. And I like the fact that in the manga the story is just different enough that it's still interesting. If they were exactly the same it would be kinda boring wouldn't it? Anyway thanks for starting this thread. This series deserves as much exposure as it can get.

YoungDyne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by YoungDyne »

I was thinking about checking out his series, but I have one question...one of the characters seem to be a "sister" in the christian sense...but is this for the sake of the story or is there some heavy religious content? I don't normally like shows with religious stuff (one exception being Haibane Renmei) plus I'm trying to collect the Double Barrel (2-disc set) collections of Saiyuki, on top of the last two DVDs of Kino's Journey which are hard as hell to find now...AND I want to buy the series of X again because I never saw the last half. Is it worth the extra money and to go out of my way when collecting other series?

love a riddle
Lostest Boy

Post by love a riddle »

The series' setting and situation is that Rosette is an exorcist in the Magdalan Order, i.e. Roman Catholic Church. The anime is a lot more occult than the manga. I myself am Christian (not Catholic), and while they didn't exactly get everything correct (and some devouts might consider this series heretical), I personally just enjoy it as a story, not interpretation of the truth.

I came under the Chrono/Chrno information at Animesuki's licensed anime database.

LUNARverse
Pao Hunter

Post by LUNARverse »

I read books 1 and 2 of the Manga, but I have never seen the series. I'd like to though, its just nowhere to be found around my area. Only store that ever has the dvds is suncoast and usually they are out of the gospel 1.