Xenosaga DS

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Xenosaga DS

Post by Monde Luna »

I was just wondering if any of you had played Xenosaga DS. How different it is from the PS2 version? The original was almost like watching a movie. :D Any input ladies and gents?

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Xenosaga DS

Post by lutomboy »

there’s a Xenosaga DS ware the heck have i been i loved that game for the PS2 is it in English :?

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

No it's not in english, as far as I know it was only released in Japan (in 2006). I just figured that since there where a few on L-net that import I would ask about the game. I just started playing Xenosaga again after I had an upsetting mishap with FFVI (anthology set)...... after playing for 6 hours, I went back to reload the game and it failed....pissed me off same happend w/ FFV, I thought it was the memory card so I tested other PS games and they worked just fine. (I'm a little bitter :wink: )

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

Blech. I detested the Xenosaga series. I picked it up as a prequel to Xenogears, one of my all time favorite games, and based on that was horribly dissapointed. Just not my cup o' tea I suppose.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

I've never played Xenosaga DS, but I'm in love with the PS2 games. Now I would have considered getting a DS and importing the game. But that's when I found out that some the people that helpled make the game also helped with the anime, and considering how much they messed up episode I in the anime I immediately looked away. I did some reasearch into it, and there have been a few changes in the overall story... ones that seem kinda pointless.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon wrote:Blech. I detested the Xenosaga series. I picked it up as a prequel to Xenogears, one of my all time favorite games, and based on that was horribly dissapointed. Just not my cup o' tea I suppose.

Xenogears is OVER NINE THOUSAND times better.

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

What?! Nine-thousand?!
Yeah it is. Straight up Freudian shiz. It's an amazing game, I love the incorporation of Id and that superego theory.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

After reading The Social Animal i picked up a lot about things of that sort.

さおり
Saith Pirate

Post by さおり »

I'm envious of the people who managed to play Xenogears. I heard a lot of good things about it but sadly, copies were so hard to find. I bought the OST of it though. Aaah~ Yasunori Mitsuda's awesome *swoons* Mm, but then again, I guess I managed to enjoy Xenosaga more. A lot of Xenogears fans complained about the trilogy of Xenosaga.

I didn't manage to finish Xenosaga though... I got stuck in the last area of Xenosaga II and never continued to play. Hahaha.