ReMake of Lunar DS *New pic of Perit Village*

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: ReMake of Lunar DS *New Port Searis Picture*

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I'm here for any questions on critiquing and improvements. I went to school for graphic design, but haven't dealt with game design as far as the programs you're using. As for the remake or reinterpretation, you are the artists so add what you like while sustaining the essence of the series. Hell, the game itself didn't retain much soul from the originals.

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: ReMake of Lunar DS *Gad's Express Picture*

Post by Sadrin »

Ok so i'm done with the buildings of the first part of Port Searis! The town is split into two parts, one being the form from the NDS and a smaller section to the right. This section will have more homes and a few other shops. The new shops won't have any real items for the crew to use though, it just helps in making Port Searis a city. :) I posted a picture of Gad's express just to show off the building. It took awhile but i'm getting used to the isometricness of things. ^_^ I hope the building looks close to the NDS. Let me know! :twisted:
Silver Phoenix wrote:I'm here for any questions on critiquing and improvements. I went to school for graphic design, but haven't dealt with game design as far as the programs you're using. As for the remake or reinterpretation, you are the artists so add what you like while sustaining the essence of the series. Hell, the game itself didn't retain much soul from the originals.
Hey I went to school for graphic design aswell... didn't get very far but thats due to the school. >_< I hope to keep the same feel as lunar has as far as story and game play. That means we'll have those super fun Red chests! ... :/ I'm still trying to figure out how to get a Ramus lookalike into the puzzle but i've got a few ideas. :) One thing i'm trying to stay away is making the game as Cliché as L:DS. You've got to remember that Lunar set alot of RPG Clichés. As soon as I saw that Jian overslept, I was like oh god... That's the most Cliché thing EVER so that's out.
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Nice pic! :-)
-Nobi

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I'd draw inspiration from the pivotal entry into the series, which is the original Lunar: The Silver Star. Aside from the humor aspect I can't really say it followed cliches aside from the hero saving the girl from the evil whatever.

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:Nice pic! :-)
Thanks! lol
Silver Phoenix wrote:I'd draw inspiration from the pivotal entry into the series, which is the original Lunar: The Silver Star. Aside from the humor aspect I can't really say it followed cliches aside from the hero saving the girl from the evil whatever.
Well... what I mean is that back then, RPGs didn't follow cliches because they hadn't become cliches. Now if you see that the main character overslept on the first day, you just know its going to be a bad game. Well... maybe its just a big turn off?

In other news...
I should have a good chunk of Port Searis done within... well tomorrow? I should have picture of post tomorrow.

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Oops! I forgot to post the picture... >_<
There are a few things that need to be fixed. Port Searis is ALMOST DONE!

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

Port Searis looks great. Good job!

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: ReMake of Lunar DS *New Picture!*

Post by Sadrin »

First post edited with new picture! Check it out!
So about the picture... You're seeing Isabella's and Jack's house. Being that Port Searis is one of the largest cities in the game, I figured it would need a school. So Isabella is now the school's owner. :) No worries about Jian and Lucia, they've already graduated. The school will act as a way for players to learn a little about battles and whatnot? The school has some ties with Vane.

I will have port searis posted before Friday!

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: ReMake of Lunar DS *Oh so close...*

Post by Sadrin »

1st post of topic updated with new picture!
Sorry I don't have Port Searis done. >_< I really tried! I keep putting more and more details into the map. I guess that's a good thing? We'll see... I figured the new picture would be perfect to show how much the map has changed. Let me know what you guys think. :)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Looks great!! :D :D Sorry to hear about your boyfriend though, hope he's alright...

I think part of my problem with the art is that the only pictures I have of the characters that isn't the collage from the title screen is either just a small portrait or those little teeny-tiny images in the manual. Does anyone have any higher res versions of the full body character pictures that are in the manual?
-Nobi

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'll see what I can dig up. I don't remember what pics are in the manual, but I might have some merch pics.

Edit: Found a couple photos of posters which might help. The one with fold lines was from the auction, though, and isn't terribly big.

Edit 2: The other photo is big, though, and I may have a better version. I'll just PM it to you.
Attachments
genesis better poster.jpg
genesis better poster.jpg (37.72 KiB) Viewed 22575 times

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Yes, please do! ^_^
-Nobi

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: ReMake of Lunar DS *PORT SEARIS FINISHED!!!!!!*

Post by Sadrin »

Phew!! XD Port Searis is Finished!! It's up on the first page! Go look! ... Now! :)
Please let me know what you guys think! I've spent so many months on this. lol wow... I finished at 6:30pm! I think the only thing missing are the chimneys. Just keep in mind that the rest of the town will be in the demo. It will be a few months till then but this is a huge step for development! Things will be moving must faster now that the style of the game is set in stone. In case you didn't want to download the full picture here is just a taste of it.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Do you want the higher res version of the portraits I've already done for the demo? What format do you want them in?

And that looks totally awesome!! XD
-Nobi

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Nah I don't need them just yet. :) It will be awhile till text is added into the game. XD

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Re: ReMake of Lunar DS *New pic of Perit Village*

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I've been in a drawing funk for a while now, I think I'm starting to slowly get out of it. Started a couple of sketches today during lunch.

-Nobi

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

I love the facial expression on the right. It reminded me of Etna in Disgaea.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Heh, I didn't think of that at all, but with her pony tails she kinda does. :-P
-Nobi

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Yeah, it's the hair and the open mouth even though she's surprised and not raging like Etna. Cool pic.